Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556558 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9400 on: November 04, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »
Removes him from his peer group to sort himself out, also gives the club a basis for breach of contract if they get him where they want him, then bring him home and he stops looking after himself (the way the club wants) again.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9401 on: November 04, 2016, 05:38:43 PM »
Sent to fat camp, what a disgrace.
Baggie in Southampton

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9402 on: November 04, 2016, 05:42:44 PM »
Bizarre , surely nothing that couldn't have been done here.
I remember it being mentioned that Anichebe paid for himself to go off somewhere for a mini pre season....think Lescott has something similar....hmm maybe not the two best adverts there.
Part of the gig will no doubt be a tailored diet plan away from temptations...change of scenery doesn't do anyone harm.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9403 on: November 04, 2016, 05:51:44 PM »
I remember it being mentioned that Anichebe paid for himself to go off somewhere for a mini pre season....think Lescott has something similar....hmm maybe not the two best adverts there.
Part of the gig will no doubt be a tailored diet plan away from temptations...change of scenery doesn't do anyone harm.

They went to the US didn't they? Lescott certainly did. Sending him to an isolated place to get beasted might be what he needs, then again.......

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9404 on: November 04, 2016, 06:01:58 PM »
They went to the US didn't they? Lescott certainly did. Sending him to an isolated place to get beasted might be what he needs, then again.......

Or we finally cut our losses and leave him training and playing with the kids for the remainder of the season before he leaves us. I really am past the point of caring enough about the tribunal fee to worry about mitigating the position to our own advantage. Selling him with the numerous opportunities we had would been acting to our own advantage.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9405 on: November 04, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
Or we finally cut our losses and leave him training and playing with the kids for the remainder of the season before he leaves us. I really am past the point of caring enough about the tribunal fee to worry about mitigating the position to our own advantage. Selling him with the numerous opportunities we had would been acting to our own advantage.
Next week is the last international break until March...quite a few games coming up before Jan. If Rondon gets injured/suspended then a fit Berahino has the chance to showcase the rusty talents before the window opens and maybe benefit us.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9406 on: November 04, 2016, 08:46:55 PM »
Next week is the last international break until March...quite a few games coming up before Jan. If Rondon gets injured/suspended then a fit Berahino has the chance to showcase the rusty talents before the window opens and maybe benefit us.

Not a chance.
He's had it.
There's posters on here been saying exactly the same as you for the last 18 months.
He's finished here he know it and so does anybody with a modicum of gumption.
We should just put him in a corner and leave him.
You can only help someone that wants to be helped.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9407 on: November 04, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »
I wouldn't want him anywhere near the kids with his attitude, besides they don't deserve to have him sulking around them.

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9408 on: November 05, 2016, 12:35:23 PM »
None of our strikers get to showcase their talents, rusty or not with the negative tactics deployed week in week out. 

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9409 on: November 05, 2016, 01:55:23 PM »
Its laughable we have to send him to france, dont we have qualified folk over here, maybe hes joined the foreign legion
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9410 on: November 05, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »
Can't quite work out the trip to France to be honest, only thing I can think of is it gives him a few days away from outside influences but even then those will still be here when he returns. With that said I still don't understand what anyone had to gain by leaking to the press that he was 8lbs overweight to begin with, feels like someone has hung him out to dry publicly.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9411 on: November 05, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »
Can't quite work out the trip to France to be honest, only thing I can think of is it gives him a few days away from outside influences but even then those will still be here when he returns. With that said I still don't understand what anyone had to gain by leaking to the press that he was 8lbs overweight to begin with, feels like someone has hung him out to dry publicly.

Perhaps he's organising his new contract with his foreign club ready for next season . Or maybe gone on a booze cruise ferry â›´ run stocking up for Christmas 🎄
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:41:45 AM by B_H_Baggie »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9412 on: November 05, 2016, 06:55:02 PM »
seeing how we've handled the saido situation I wouldn't bet against these bad influences are there with him. :o

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9413 on: November 06, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »
Saido has posted some pictures on his Instagram of him at "fat camp" including a topless one with the caption "fat boy." He is definitely in very good shape however I wish he'd refrain from referring to it on his profiles and just leave the talking on the pitch. He needs to just shut up, earn a place in the 18 and start scoring again.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9414 on: November 06, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »
Never known so much bloody fuss about a player who failed to deliver.

Mollycoddled, pampered, washout. Don't waste any more money on him. Put him out to pasture and get rid.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9415 on: November 06, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »
Saido has posted some pictures on his Instagram of him at "fat camp" including a topless one with the caption "fat boy." He is definitely in very good shape however I wish he'd refrain from referring to it on his profiles and just leave the talking on the pitch. He needs to just shut up, earn a place in the 18 and start scoring again.
I've said it before, he will never score goals regularly again playing under our current Head Coach, even if he gets himself fit again.

With all the promise and so called potential Salomon came with, we will never truly see it while TP is here, that's why the jury is still out on him for a lot of fans, me included.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9416 on: November 06, 2016, 12:37:42 PM »
I've said it before, he will never score goals regularly again playing under our current Head Coach, even if he gets himself fit again.

With all the promise and so called potential Salomon came with, we will never truly see it while TP is here, that's why the jury is still out on him for a lot of fans, me included.

Spot on. I've said it before on here, Berahino would score for fun in the prem with an attack-minded team.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9417 on: November 06, 2016, 01:04:55 PM »

I agree with that too. Pulis' style and where he chooses to play him has contributed to his downfall. He needs to play off the shoulder of the last man. He should be in direct competition with Rondon for the striker role rather than playing in the number 10 role.

Pulis has wasted him while he has also wasted himself.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9418 on: November 06, 2016, 01:43:51 PM »
Spot on. I've said it before on here, Berahino would score for fun in the prem with an attack-minded team.

I guess you are right. I would now take an attack minded team that still risked relegation as long as it didn't bore me $#1tless like West Pulis Albion does. Wrong thread maybe for that comment but to some extent the two are linked.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9419 on: November 06, 2016, 02:24:49 PM »
Not sure he would , not for fun anyway.
For all his potential he hasn't developed in two years now. , his awareness, movement , passing and heading are no better than when he first broke through.
Compare the improvement levels between Saido and Harry Kane who both broke through about the same time and for my money Saido was slightly ahead.
I personally thought playing a little deeper would bring Saido on as a player and develop some of the above issues , indeed for the TP's first half season he was still playing well and scoring  postioned behind Ideye and occasionally Big Vic until Spurs gate........
At the minute his career is falling away and I'm afraid thats 99% down to him , he isn't a kid anymore and I see he's had another social media episode today.
Bloke never learns , can't wait for the saga to end.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 03:23:59 PM by Dexy »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9420 on: November 06, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »
For all his potential he hasn't developed in two years now. , his awareness, movement , passing and heading are no better than when he first broke through.
How many of our first team players can we say have improved in two years?

How long has Pulis been first team coach for?  ;D
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9421 on: November 06, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »

Dawson maybe. The rest have regressed IMO.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9422 on: November 06, 2016, 04:03:54 PM »

Dawson , McClean for two but none have the potential of Berahino at the point Spurs came sniffing.
I blame Pulis for a few things but not the decline of Saido , self inflicted imo.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9423 on: November 15, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »
The Berahino nonsense has started again stating Liverpool looking at him as a replacement for Sturridge these Papers make you laugh there`s` more chance of me going to Liverpool than him and i`m 63 with a gammy leg Should have kicked him out 18 months ago.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9424 on: November 15, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »
The Berahino nonsense has started again stating Liverpool looking at him as a replacement for Sturridge these Papers make you laugh there`s` more chance of me going to Liverpool than him and i`m 63 with a gammy leg Should have kicked him out 18 months ago.
Entering into a bidding war for him?
Can only be good for us.
The more interest the better our chances of getting something for him.