Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556551 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9350 on: October 21, 2016, 11:13:36 PM »
A lot of niave responses on here. You buying the TP spin hook line and sinker. Berahino came back this summer firing on all cylinders, as Darren Fletcher acknowledged. He has been applying himself in training and worked hard over pre-season to get into very good shape. Fact is TP doesn't want to pick him and the weight loss program is a convenient excuse to divert attention away from that. How often does the club / manager tell the press about players training regimes? This is a transparent exercise to cover his own back. He's canny with the media.

His weight issues are there for all to see, many respected posters on here had commented on it.

I don't believe a word SB tweets, its all disingenuous and for effect.
Baggie in Southampton

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9351 on: October 22, 2016, 02:13:43 AM »
Reports are claimed that Saido has a very slow metabolism and not getting game time is a result in putting weight on..... and people will then say 'well he should train more', but then there is a thing called 'over training, tiredness, fatigued'.

The facts are, he's overweight due to whatever the reason may be, pulis has obviously got Saidos back and it's already been put out there that the club are trying to keep Saido on board under new owners.

The only people making BS excuses for what's going on are the people on here because they don't want to believe that Pulis wants him at the club and they are doing ther all to help him.

Wake up and smell the coffee, not everyone can score in the premier league... he's proved he can. Not everyone of our players have been valued at such a crazy price at a young age.... he has been.

He may be VERY far from being first name on the team sheet but like it or not he has potential... and it looks like Pulis and the rest of the club will do anything to either keep him here or sell him on for a big fee (which we have NO proof that we have received such suitable offer).

So what are the facts you are telling us??

He is overweight for some reason is not stating a fact..it's not knowing anything

The only facts we need concern ourselves with are those that are apparent from reports on him that have been published and confirmed, what he says on twitter, his current fitness state and his overall attitude which has followed him around for a few years now and has caused him to fall out with clubs on loan to and be returned, illegal activities dragging the club through the mud, and the fact he hasn't scored a goal since February for the first team

All of these point to a person who really isn't worth the hassle and won't have the career he thinks he should have

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9352 on: October 22, 2016, 03:16:54 AM »
So what are the facts you are telling us??

He is overweight for some reason is not stating a fact..it's not knowing anything

The only facts we need concern ourselves with are those that are apparent from reports on him that have been published and confirmed, what he says on twitter, his current fitness state and his overall attitude which has followed him around for a few years now and has caused him to fall out with clubs on loan to and be returned, illegal activities dragging the club through the mud, and the fact he hasn't scored a goal since February for the first team

All of these point to a person who really isn't worth the hassle and won't have the career he thinks he should have

I don't believe any player is worth the hassle not just Saido.. that don't change ANYTHING though... we can all have our own opinions and theories to why this and that's happening but the only thing that we do know is SB is a west bromwich albion player, pulis obviously likes him or he wouldn't make so much effort with him and the board have made it clear they want him to stay at the club.

I don't see why everyone is so certain he is going for free and whatever else....

1) he ain't got many options with the form he is in, we are his best option ATM (in terms of the level of football he would be playing at).
2) the club would not go to such an extent to try and get a player fit that they don't want in the team as much as everyone don't like it.

We all keep banging on about attitude and what he's done off the pitch.... WEST BROMWICH ALBION have still stood by him through it all even though we had an offer of  £20m for him (apparently).... so what makes anyone think they are going to give up on him now when they know the potential price of what he could be worth?

They are going to move mountains to atleast get him to sign a new improved contract even if it's just from a business point of view.

Couldn't really give a toss what happens I don't pay the wages and it don't effect my personal life but I have a strong feeling we have not saw the last of him yet.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9353 on: October 22, 2016, 08:39:51 AM »
The whole thing is totally bizarre.

Pulis is never going to play him as Centre Forward, it won't work as a tactic if you are a team who is largely going to attack through crosses into the box Saido is absolutely not the Centre Forward you need. He won't play him as a wide attacker in a 4-3-3 (note not a winger in the traditional sense). When he has played as number 10 it hasn't worked particularly well and besides which Chadli is very obviously the 1st choice there. Although playing in front of Chadli might give Berahino the sort of service he could thrive on (not going to happen now)

Yet, given all the above Pulis still talks as if Berahino is an integral part of his plans when plainly he hasn't been other than out of necessity. Now we have the latest not fit / overweight statement which is reportedly disputed by the player   (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3860512/West-Brom-forward-Saido-Berahino-left-bewildered-manager-Tony-Pulis-claims-overweight.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490).

Or even more strange that the club is trying to get him to sign a new contract. Why would we other than to protect our position in the inevitable transfer tribunal? Knowing that he won't sign but the fact that we were prepared to offer him the contract shows he was part of future plans even though he isn't playing regularly. Although what the happens if he calls our bluff and signs?

Okay I find it easy to believe the worst of Saido as has often been said he has previous but the Head Coach and Club aren't on the same page here.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9354 on: October 22, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »
Whilst he may have a slow metabolism, didn't Steve Clarkes lad tweet something when his dad lost his job along the lines of "if you stayed out of Nandos then you might have been able to do something about the situation". This was in response to Saido ranting about Clarke losing his job.

This is clearly not the first time and it shows a complete lack of self discipline (see every other incident he's been involved in).

I guess short of having a dietician spend 24/7 with him this isn't going to solve itself any time soon.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9355 on: October 22, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »
The whole thing is totally bizarre.

Pulis is never going to play him as Centre Forward, it won't work as a tactic if you are a team who is largely going to attack through crosses into the box Saido is absolutely not the Centre Forward you need. He won't play him as a wide attacker in a 4-3-3 (note not a winger in the traditional sense). When he has played as number 10 it hasn't worked particularly well and besides which Chadli is very obviously the 1st choice there. Although playing in front of Chadli might give Berahino the sort of service he could thrive on (not going to happen now)

Yet, given all the above Pulis still talks as if Berahino is an integral part of his plans when plainly he hasn't been other than out of necessity. Now we have the latest not fit / overweight statement which is reportedly disputed by the player   (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3860512/West-Brom-forward-Saido-Berahino-left-bewildered-manager-Tony-Pulis-claims-overweight.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490).

Or even more strange that the club is trying to get him to sign a new contract. Why would we other than to protect our position in the inevitable transfer tribunal? Knowing that he won't sign but the fact that we were prepared to offer him the contract shows he was part of future plans even though he isn't playing regularly. Although what the happens if he calls our bluff and signs?

Okay I find it easy to believe the worst of Saido as has often been said he has previous but the Head Coach and Club aren't on the same page here.

I think the are people at the club who believe that if persevered with they can turn Saido round . Whilst it's obvious there are problems with the individual I do think part of the problem is that he hasn't got the build of a fuller or sidibe that is what pulis likes so Saido has no chance here .

Im waiting to see what happens with Leko because on what I've seen this season he seems to have lost confidence .

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9356 on: October 22, 2016, 02:34:32 PM »
A lot of niave responses on here. You buying the TP spin hook line and sinker. Berahino came back this summer firing on all cylinders, as Darren Fletcher acknowledged. He has been applying himself in training and worked hard over pre-season to get into very good shape. Fact is TP doesn't want to pick him and the weight loss program is a convenient excuse to divert attention away from that. How often does the club / manager tell the press about players training regimes? This is a transparent exercise to cover his own back. He's canny with the media.
I completely disagree - the media constantly ask about Berahino more than anything else in the conferences, if he was that canny he'd have them ignoring Berahino completely, but the media want a good story.

You've said 'fact is' but it's not a fact. It is a fact that last season he got over-weight for no apparent reason halfway during the campaign and it was visible for all to see. 'Metabolism' or not, he's a professional athlete who should be able to stay in shape.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9357 on: October 22, 2016, 03:02:50 PM »
Maybe its not just his attitude thats not cut out for being an athlete and a highly paid one perhaps its his body aswell..

I cannot wait until this guy is some other clubs problem

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9358 on: November 01, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9359 on: November 01, 2016, 09:44:37 AM »
this is just a joke
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9360 on: November 01, 2016, 10:04:23 AM »
We had plenty of opportunities to end it. So sick of the Albion right now in most aspects.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9361 on: November 01, 2016, 10:25:15 AM »
We had plenty of opportunities to end it. So sick of the Albion right now in most aspects.

Dam right could not agree more, contracts to footballers and coaches that should not have been awarded
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:26:52 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9362 on: November 01, 2016, 10:29:11 AM »
I saw him on the car park at the Spurs game and he looked as fit as a butchers dog to me.......

So did his three female 'friends' :)
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9363 on: November 01, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »
I think he taking the pi$$ even more so now because he knows he can.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9364 on: November 01, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
I just cant get my head round why we would integrate him back into the team.

Its obvious he doesnt want to be here, its obvious he doesnt really care less, its obvious hes not going to give any effort if chosen, why do we continue to waste our time with him, let him rot until his contract ends.

Had enough of the whole saga, the club are as much to blame for this whole fiasco as Saido is.

Pathetic handling of the whole situation, and yet another reason why a selection of fans just cant be arsed anymore.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9365 on: November 01, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/11/01/contract-snub-saido-berahino-rejects-weight-claim/

New month, new story.

The sooner this comes to an end the better.

The lengths the club are going to to get him upto scratch with the rest of the squad, the things they are doing to keeping him involved, you think they would be doing all that if they didn't believe they could keep him here longer?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9366 on: November 01, 2016, 11:43:20 AM »
The lengths the club are going to to get him upto scratch with the rest of the squad, the things they are doing to keeping him involved, you think they would be doing all that if they didn't believe they could keep him here longer?

No i think they just want to be looking to be doing the right thing so that when the tribunal happens we have a better case for more money

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9367 on: November 01, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »
No i think they just want to be looking to be doing the right thing so that when the tribunal happens we have a better case for more money

IF the tribunal happens.

The majority didn't expect to see pulis get an extension - this club's full of surprises.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9368 on: November 01, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »
The quicker this trouble making idiot is gone the better should have got rid as soon as he started throwing his dummy out the pram.GET RID NOW

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9369 on: November 01, 2016, 12:03:52 PM »
I don't know why we are even bothering with him, he should be training on his own away from everyone else as its clear to me he'll see his contract out and go on a free next summer. I'm also certain he'll go abroad and do us out of any compensation before being sold back to someone over here for a low fee and the club only have themselves to blame for not cashing in when we had the opportunity.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9370 on: November 01, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »
Can he be sold to walk away to , lets say Udinese and then get loaned back to Udinese's sister club Watford?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9371 on: November 01, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »
Can he be sold to walk away to , lets say Udinese and then get loaned back to Udinese's sister club Watford?
yes he can, there was also a rumour that a club in the US that stoke are linked with would sign him and sell him to them for nowt

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9372 on: November 01, 2016, 12:23:32 PM »
Does not need to walk i`ll drive him we should`nt be wasting any more time on or money on him after bringing him through the youth teams and giving him his premier bow he treats us like pooh .

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9373 on: November 01, 2016, 12:57:25 PM »
Look at his body a couple of years ago and compare it now , muscle or fat he is far too heavy.
Wouldn't even bother with him in all honesty.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9374 on: November 01, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »
Look at his body a couple of years ago and compare it now , muscle or fat he is far too heavy.
Wouldn't even bother with him in all honesty.

Is that a serious comment? obviously he's going to be bigger/heavier than he was when he first broke into the team a few years ago - its how the human body works it grows.

What is the size and weight limit for a footballer just out of curiosity?