Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556596 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8725 on: August 26, 2016, 04:23:45 PM »
He'll be here until next summer now and I will hate every second of it.

and me!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8726 on: August 26, 2016, 05:08:55 PM »
yeah and me waste of space last year and will be a waste of space this year...20m sitting there and we cant find a replacment complete shambles

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8727 on: August 27, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »
Pulis has been quoted today saying that Berahino will be fine once the transfer window shuts: "He'll be fine. Getting over the next three or four days will be massive for him. I just think, one day, I will write a thesis on it. It will be a long one. Is this the fourth or fifth window? It seems like about 20 with him. The kid has had to put up with it, you can't stop it, unfortunately. Some of the stories I could tell you. I was disappointed he never scored on Tuesday, his running stats were fantastic but he really should have scored five. He had three chances when it's just him and the keeper. One goes in and hopefully the gates open."

Source: Sky Sports

Pulis said exactly the same at this point last season and Berahino went on to offer next to nothing for the entire season....

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8728 on: August 27, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
Pulis has been quoted today saying that Berahino will be fine once the transfer window shuts: "He'll be fine. Getting over the next three or four days will be massive for him. I just think, one day, I will write a thesis on it. It will be a long one. Is this the fourth or fifth window? It seems like about 20 with him. The kid has had to put up with it, you can't stop it, unfortunately. Some of the stories I could tell you. I was disappointed he never scored on Tuesday, his running stats were fantastic but he really should have scored five. He had three chances when it's just him and the keeper. One goes in and hopefully the gates open."

Pulis said exactly the same at this point last season and Berahino went on to offer next to nothing for the entire season....

It won't be any different this year either
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8729 on: August 27, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »

That's because it's a last seasons quote.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8730 on: August 27, 2016, 04:29:32 PM »
How can you make that comparison?

He is contracted to the club, a transfer fee has to be involved. this isn't standard business practice so your comparison cannot be used.

You can hand in a months notice and leave no one can stop you...if you sign a contract you are owned by the club until a. they decide to sell you or b. your contract expires

You keep giving these analogies and comparisons without any foundation.

I agree with you that you cannot compare a football transfer to moving jobs in the real world but I think the point Adam is trying to make is that a lot of supporters are treating Berahino like he's a war criminal or something rather than a immature young man, who hasn't handled things in the right way, but you are right, a contract is a contract and I will never feel sorry for a player who is being held to the contract as they shouldn't have signed it in the first place if they weren't prepared to see it through. When Saido goes, I'll wish him well and hope he goes on to have the career his talent warrants and hope that personal sh** doesn't affect it. I genuinely don't think he's a bad lad, just needs to grow up a bit.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8731 on: August 28, 2016, 11:39:48 AM »
Let's face it...Stoke want him and surely the Albion would have already agreed payments and terms with them to shift him out if we do get other players in.
Virtually straight away because nothing would stop it, and then our balance of dealings should help to cancel themselves out.

bartleygreen baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8732 on: August 28, 2016, 12:38:30 PM »
On the bench today

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8733 on: August 28, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »

Count me in too!

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8734 on: August 28, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »
Disgraceful by the supporters.
Nothing is as deplorable as a player who is booed by their own fans, why would he even bother trying, seriously?

I know people are upset with him, but when a player is on the pitch, for that 90 minutes they need support.

No excuses, no two wrongs make it right... pathetic!!

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8735 on: August 28, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »
Disgraceful by the supporters.
Nothing is as deplorable as a player who is booed by their own fans, why would he even bother trying, seriously?

I know people are upset with him, but when a player is on the pitch, for that 90 minutes they need support.

No excuses, no two wrongs make it right... pathetic!!

Agreed. Ashamed of our supporters today. Disgraceful.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8736 on: August 28, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »
Matt Wilson suggesting he could well be leaving now

bartleygreen baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8737 on: August 28, 2016, 04:35:17 PM »

The stadium?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8738 on: August 28, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
Please please!!!
We need to get him out as most have now turned this season after giving him so many chances over the past few seasons.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8739 on: August 28, 2016, 04:37:09 PM »
Woeful yet again today. Please sell him.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8740 on: August 28, 2016, 04:37:16 PM »
No they are not disgraceful, they have every right to boo jeer scream and shout at this disgrace for a footballer it's bloody obvious he doesn't want to play for us and he shouldn't!Pulis is to blame aswell because he shouldn't have him anywhere near the first team squad. The sooner he is gone the better and i for one can't wait for that day to come.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8741 on: August 28, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
No they are not disgraceful, they have every right to boo jeer scream and shout at this disgrace for a footballer it's bloody obvious he doesn't want to play for us and he shouldn't!Pulis is to blame aswell because he shouldn't have him anywhere near the first team squad. The sooner he is gone the better and i for one can't wait for that day to come.

Regardless of who the footballer is, no one should be booed by their own fans it's embarrassing, disgraceful and pathetic. Anyone with any excuse for it should not be allowed inside the stadium the football is negative enough without small minded 'fans' adding to it.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8742 on: August 28, 2016, 04:44:39 PM »

No mate, you're wrong on this one. How is booing our best striker good for our club? What's you're problem with him specifically?

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8743 on: August 28, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »
If he does go, would think we have two strikers lined up. Big money one plus maybe someone like Robson-Kanu.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8744 on: August 28, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
They are not small minded they pay their money and are entitled to an opinion booing is the only way they can make their feeling's known to him. Anyway he is the pathetic one and in any other business he would have had the sack!!

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8745 on: August 28, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »

Agree. I have never agreed with booing our own players. How can this provide a positive impact?

Saido hasn't been himself for over 12 months, however he is still a WBA player (and may still be on Thursday the way things are going) so IF we do have to play him again how will the booing today help?

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8746 on: August 28, 2016, 04:48:26 PM »

Sorry  but I disagree 100%
It is one of the lowest levels a supporter can stoop to in my eyes and embarrasses everyone associated with the club.
It makes everyone look like a neanderthal  without class and why would the player keep his eye on the play rather than just walk off the pitch in disgust.

Anyway each to their own if you find it okay, but I hated it and I was embarrassed that it was my club doing it.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8747 on: August 28, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
I know Saido has had his attitude problems, they are well documented, and there is no use going over them again. However...

We have seen players do a lot worse and be reintegrated into teams, and go on to recapture their form. This is usually thanks to the manager / head coach having managed him well, and done what was necessary to get the best out of the player.

Pulis is failing in that regard, and there is only so long you can go on blaming the player for that. If the manager has to use him in the team, as Pulis does due to lack of options, then he should be trying to work out how to get the best out of him.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8748 on: August 28, 2016, 04:51:20 PM »
No mate, you're wrong on this one. How is booing our best striker good for our club? What's you're problem with him specifically?
once he said he wouldn't play for the Albion again he should have been gone, end of story and he doesn't try he couldn't care less and the penalty against Northampton well if that wasn't deliberate i don't know what was!

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8749 on: August 28, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »