Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556620 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8700 on: August 25, 2016, 01:53:58 PM »
How about his agent who no doubt told him he was the next Ronaldo in the first place? We had these problems once he started to believe the hype.....
MAGA!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8701 on: August 25, 2016, 01:55:00 PM »
What he has done to damage the reputation of our club over the last season and half has been disgusting and I honestly can't wait to see the back of him...

Massive overreaction IMO. He's not been sent to jail like some other well publicised Premiership footballers. Yes he's made some mistakes but he is a kid. He has also helped keep the club in the Prem with his goals and has been refused a move against his wishes for the last 18 months and made to play under an ultra defensive coach who plays him out of position. Some perspective please.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8702 on: August 25, 2016, 02:00:15 PM »
We've done well to keep them on the hook for this long. Had I been Stoke, regardless of his ability, I'd have told us to get stuffed by now for dragging it out.

Just please for the love of all things holy sell him and thank your lucky stars you got £20m for a busted flush.

I agree. Let us hope that Stoke's previous offer still stands now palace are out of the equation. Got to go now before crowd start to turn.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8703 on: August 25, 2016, 02:01:32 PM »
This  is a terrible situation all around and no one will be happy whatever happens.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8704 on: August 25, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »
It actually is the fault of only 2 people...

1. Saido Berahino

2. Daniel Levy

that i totally agree with
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8705 on: August 25, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »
Massive overreaction IMO. He's not been sent to jail like some other well publicised Premiership footballers. Yes he's made some mistakes but he is a kid. He has also helped keep the club in the Prem with his goals and has been refused a move against his wishes for the last 18 months and made to play under an ultra defensive coach who plays him out of position. Some perspective please.

23 years old is not a kid, he is a grown man who shows petulance when he doesn't get his own way.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8706 on: August 25, 2016, 03:04:09 PM »
It actually is the fault of only 2 people...

1. Saido Berahino

2. Daniel Levy

So if you worked for a company on 20k per year but had the opportunity to go to a new company and earn 30k per year but your manager refused to let you leave... that would be your fault?

I was replying to the person who said he's still here and in the first team... Saido don't want to be here and it's not levy's fault he is still here and is in our first team.

For the disruption I agree he has played a part in it but that's not what my post was about.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8707 on: August 25, 2016, 03:06:42 PM »
So if you worked for a company on 20k per year but had the opportunity to go to a new company and earn 30k per year but your manager refused to let you leave... that would be your fault?

I was replying to the person who said he's still here and in the first team... Saido don't want to be here and it's not levy's fault he is still here and is in our first team.

For the disruption I agree he has played a part in it but that's not what my post was about.

If Levy and Spurs had made a deal worth considering then he wouldn't be here, the fact they offered something along the lines of £10 and a bag of chips with the rest in addons is why he is still here. Spurs also had a deal pulled on them recently for the same sort of offer.

Its the sort we like when making them but ain't going to accept ourselves
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8708 on: August 25, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »
Please just sell him.

If Tony Pulis stays we won't even need him as he cant head the ball!

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8709 on: August 25, 2016, 03:26:44 PM »

It would be your fault if you were on a 3 year notice period that you had happily committed to

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8710 on: August 25, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »
I dont think Daniel Levy and Spurs were too unreasonable with their offer for him. Frankly he's just not that good. People just say he has loads of potential on nothing other than the fact hes young (hes not even young anymore) and English.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8711 on: August 25, 2016, 03:40:35 PM »
I thought the offer was £6m up front with add ons and clauses to be potentially triggered over the next 5 years. My point is that Levy must have been 'informed' of his availability beforehand. From memory he was being represented by a really suspect 'agent', and I use the term loosely.
MAGA!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8712 on: August 25, 2016, 03:52:21 PM »
Just take the money now, surely we can get someone in.  Anything is better than this, I'd rather have kept Anichebe, its destroying morale all round.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8713 on: August 25, 2016, 03:53:32 PM »

How can you make that comparison?

He is contracted to the club, a transfer fee has to be involved. this isn't standard business practice so your comparison cannot be used.

You can hand in a months notice and leave no one can stop you...if you sign a contract you are owned by the club until a. they decide to sell you or b. your contract expires

You keep giving these analogies and comparisons without any foundation.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8714 on: August 25, 2016, 04:11:29 PM »

Why must people keep trying to parallel the sporting world to day to day life. It's a completely different kettle of fish.

He is under contract and the club own that contract, to get him out of that contract a transfer fee must be paid to the satisfaction of the selling club. The fact that the offer made was not deemed satisfactory gives Berahino the right to down tools for 18 months? Not for me.

Your posts over the past couple of days have been cringe-worthy to read.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8715 on: August 25, 2016, 04:51:59 PM »
If we can't bring in a replacement then things really are worse than they seem here. There must be loads of available players that would improve us.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8716 on: August 25, 2016, 04:56:50 PM »
I still can't get my head around the fact we've turned down £20m bids for him. He doesn't want to be here and is performing poorly. His stock is lowering every day and if he does go abroad next season then we'll get nowt for him. If it is purely and simply down to the fact that we can't get a replacement then what a shower of sh1te we really are.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8717 on: August 25, 2016, 05:05:48 PM »
How can you make that comparison?

He is contracted to the club, a transfer fee has to be involved. this isn't standard business practice so your comparison cannot be used.

You can hand in a months notice and leave no one can stop you...if you sign a contract you are owned by the club until a. they decide to sell you or b. your contract expires

You keep giving these analogies and comparisons without any foundation.

So if Saido was for example to not turn up to training again or matches what would happen?

He would be took to court I'm guessing? Can't see peace, pulis or the new owner dragging him there by his ear.

Same applies for a work place, you can hand your notice in and not go back, will end up at a small claims court depending on your salary depends on how far they take it but he is not OWNED by the club, he is CONTRACTED to the club.

Yes I know he can't be registered to play for another team and all that but it doesn't mean he has no choice but play for us.

It obviously does not work exactly the same but the principle is still the same.

And for the record it was not a comparison the point is he had a better offer at a better club and he wanted to take it which I don't blame it... it was peace who blocked him from leaving which has added to the disruption.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8718 on: August 25, 2016, 05:17:17 PM »
What? Odemwingie had a stellar career, with a big money move to Russia, where we were only able to sign him due to institutionalised racism. He's captained his country, scored CL goals and appeared at World Cups.

Berahino isn't fit to lace up Peter Odemwingie's boots.

Fair comment. I'm just likening the nasty taste they both seem to have left.
I really did like Pete...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8719 on: August 25, 2016, 05:33:21 PM »
It's easy with hindsight to look back and say we should have sold him last summer, we won't get £25m now, and we have an unhappy player on our hands.
We may have lost a good few million, we may yet lose a few million more.
But it was never about money. It was about taking a stance against so called big clubs who think they can just walk in and take our best players, especially our home grown ones. Peace is probably still livid about the Izzy Brown scenario.
It also sends a message to players like Odemwingie and Berahino who sign long term contracts and then want out, and sulk when it doesn't work like that.

To be fair to the players, Peace was at fault for not paying them the top money, strikers who score for fun like Odem and Bera were are very hard to find and replace, as we are finding to our cost now.
Then again the players were happy enough to sign their contracts or tey were advised to by people who represent them.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8720 on: August 25, 2016, 08:44:07 PM »
Saido looks absolutely lost as a player now.

Big fall from 18 months ago when he looked a real natural finisher .

Whoever signs him next will have damaged goods and we'll have done well to get serious cash for him.

He's all potential and no substance .........so far and he has a lot lot lot to learn to become the real deal. I wouldn't bet he'll make it big

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8721 on: August 26, 2016, 12:23:25 AM »
Saido looks absolutely lost as a player now.

Big fall from 18 months ago when he looked a real natural finisher .

Whoever signs him next will have damaged goods and we'll have done well to get serious cash for him.

He's all potential and no substance .........so far and he has a lot lot lot to learn to become the real deal. I wouldn't bet he'll make it big

Tbh with Saido Pulisball is absolute kryptonite for his style of play. It's not as if it is surprising that he has lost his way.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8722 on: August 26, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »
If we can't bring in a replacement then things really are worse than they seem here. There must be loads of available players that would improve us.

Herein lies the problem unfortunately - we want £25m for a player who couldn't hit a barn door recently, other teams would be mad to sell us someone who can without a hefty price tag. Vydra was available for £8.5m and he wouldn't improve us, dread to think how much we'd be charged for someone who could. Would need to be either a player on the fringes of a team (Evans, Lukaku when we loaned him for example) or a hidden gem that would be our only real hopes.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8723 on: August 26, 2016, 04:20:35 PM »
is he still here?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8724 on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »
is he still here?

He'll be here until next summer now and I will hate every second of it.