Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556624 times)

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8650 on: August 24, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »
Im entitled to compare him to who I like, you can't judge a striker on his heading when there are plenty of strikers who are of high quality but can't head a ball.

All our strikers are paid to score goals, yet our defenders tend to score as much as our strikers. 

The KID is 23 years old, so yes he is new to it...people talk about he don't get on with the squad, EVERY game I've seen Olsson play, he's had an argument with someone from our club.

Like I say, the people that dislike him like yourself will Salk over the most petty things when our REAL problem is obviously the coaching etc.

He's played nearly 100 games in the premier league, he's not new to it at all
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8651 on: August 24, 2016, 02:11:03 PM »
Im entitled to compare him to who I like, you can't judge a striker on his heading when there are plenty of strikers who are of high quality but can't head a ball.

All our strikers are paid to score goals, yet our defenders tend to score as much as our strikers. 

The KID is 23 years old, so yes he is new to it...people talk about he don't get on with the squad, EVERY game I've seen Olsson play, he's had an argument with someone from our club.

Like I say, the people that dislike him like yourself will Salk over the most petty things when our REAL problem is obviously the coaching etc.

Making poor excuses for a KID of 23 years old....he isn't a kid he is an adult and has played nearly 150 games so isn't new to anything

You might be entitled to compare him to someone but people are entitled to question your comparisons

You cannot compare Berahino with Henry I'm sorry, you are better off comparing him with his peers not former world class strikers who have won everything, played at the very top and given their all for their respective clubs and have ended up with records at clubs
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8652 on: August 24, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »
Harry Kane is a good comparison - enough said !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8653 on: August 24, 2016, 02:15:43 PM »
you did say "thats pretty much what he's got to do" to justify why he isn't scoring. If you think he will ever do that, then IMO you are dreaming. Conversely I can imagine Rondon doing it.
oh and by the way Saido had a number of chances last night and fluffed them all,  none of which as i recall it, were engineered by himself incidentally

Anyway, I apologise for being sharp.  COYB

With no disrespect to Rondon, I really do like the guy but I still can't see him tracking back winning the ball and taking it the other end and scoring.  Which is not his fault he's our striker we should have the midfield to do that for him... but the same applies for Saido, we're playing him in a position he's not comfortable with which has a nock on effect which don't justify it but it will have an effect on his confidence and scoring.

But most people on here (not aiming it at you) will ignore that and do anything to put the blame on him for everything. Pretty embarrasing really.

Would be interesting to see what he would be like with a different coach in charge who plays actual football... like someone else pointed out he played decent enough under Irvine.... but unfortunately for most people on here it's looking like he's going to be here for ATLEAST this season due to lack of faces coming in.

For his time here I will continue to get behind him (the same as every player at our club), as much as I can't stand a select few and think them playing in the premiership is ridiculous... I refuse to cry over something I have no say in. It is what it is.. he's a west bromwich albion player regardless who does and does not like it.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8654 on: August 24, 2016, 02:19:10 PM »
Making poor excuses for a KID of 23 years old....he isn't a kid he is an adult and has played nearly 150 games so isn't new to anything

You might be entitled to compare him to someone but people are entitled to question your comparisons

You cannot compare Berahino with Henry I'm sorry, you are better off comparing him with his peers not former world class strikers who have won everything, played at the very top and given their all for their respective clubs and have ended up with records at clubs

If you read through the thread, you will see me clearly state multiple times that I'm not defending nor making excuses for him.... but I will be realistic and will not jump on the 'I hate Saido' bandwagon.

He's been a complete tool off the pitch, had a decent season with us on it, been in poor form and yes should of put away a lot of his chances... doesn't mean we all have to Salk over it, there are bigger problems at out club than Saido. 

Which some fail to realise.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8655 on: August 24, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
I don't agree sorry

We wouldnt need to be in the market for a striker if he played the way he can so there is one of the main problems at the club gone if he acted professionally.

you are making excuses for him, just by typing "I'm not making excuses for him" doesnt negate the fact that you are then making excuses for him in the rest of your posts

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8656 on: August 24, 2016, 02:36:44 PM »
I don't agree sorry

We wouldnt need to be in the market for a striker if he played the way he can so there is one of the main problems at the club gone if he acted professionally.

you are making excuses for him, just by typing "I'm not making excuses for him" doesnt negate the fact that you are then making excuses for him in the rest of your posts

So you really think with us playing 2 strikers, if he was playing well we wouldn't need another striker?
What if him or Rondon get injured? We got rid of Vic not replaced him yet and lambert ain't doing himself any favours... it's clear as day we need more strikers even if he was to stay.

I know if I'm making excuses or not, me personally I think he's acted like a complete cock but the state the club is in and the way we play is NOT his fault regardless if people on here think it is.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8657 on: August 24, 2016, 02:37:45 PM »
Harry Kane is a good comparison - enough said !

Doubt he would look the same player if he were in our squad the way we play

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8658 on: August 24, 2016, 02:39:55 PM »
Doubt he would look the same player if he were in our squad the way we play

I too doubt he would be the same player, i do think he would put the effort in and chase / harrass defenders and be more of a contributor to the team though.
Albion Family !!!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8659 on: August 24, 2016, 02:48:38 PM »
I too doubt he would be the same player, i do think he would put the effort in and chase / harrass defenders and be more of a contributor to the team though.

Would probably chase more I agree, so would people like vardy who doesn't stop running all game... but when the rest of the squad are hoofing the ball constantly your pretty limited to what you can do

baggiesboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #8660 on: August 24, 2016, 02:59:28 PM »
Would probably chase more I agree, so would people like vardy who doesn't stop running all game... but when the rest of the squad are hoofing the ball constantly your pretty limited to what you can do

That sums up what we've become over the last few seasons, Berahino used to have bags of raw talent, but due to poor managerial appointments, and a extremely poor player recruitment department,were now stuck with just another average player on our books. He'll just end up going somewhere else and look like the player he should be with us right now.
Shame.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8661 on: August 24, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »
I said somewhere in this thread 2 years or so ago the lad was overrated, and i stick by that.

A purple patch got him the England call, he will never get that again IMO.

I cant think of anyone in this league more overrated/overvalued than him.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8662 on: August 24, 2016, 03:02:30 PM »
So you really think with us playing 2 strikers, if he was playing well we wouldn't need another striker?
What if him or Rondon get injured? We got rid of Vic not replaced him yet and lambert ain't doing himself any favours... it's clear as day we need more strikers even if he was to stay.

I know if I'm making excuses or not, me personally I think he's acted like a complete cock but the state the club is in and the way we play is NOT his fault regardless if people on here think it is.

We wouldnt be looking as hard no...we are looking for replacements hence the reason we haven't gotten rid of him yet

we should get 10 strikers in then just incase they all get injured

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8663 on: August 24, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »
We wouldnt be looking as hard no...we are looking for replacements hence the reason we haven't gotten rid of him yet

we should get 10 strikers in then just incase they all get injured

Sarcasm, you have to love it.
Is it not common sense to have atleast 3 strikers if your playing 2 strikers upfront every game?
Yes, replacement for Vic... it's nothing to do with Saido it's simply the fact we are VERY limited upfront as it is regardless if he stays or goes

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8664 on: August 24, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
Is it not common sense to have atleast 3 strikers if your playing 2 strikers upfront every game?
Yes, replacement for Vic... it's nothing to do with Saido it's simply the fact we are VERY limited upfront as it is regardless if he stays or goes

I agree but Rondon, Bera, Lambert, Leko and Phillips are all capable of playing as a forward....not saying they are all good enough to play there but they can

Lambert should have been released along with Vic or sold cheaply

I agree we need another decent striker but when he comes in I expect them to replace an outgoing Berahino

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8665 on: August 24, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
We aren't playing 2 strikers up front though, we are playing 1 up front (Rondon who's pretty much in a different postcode) and 1 in midfield (Saido, who looks as uncomfortable as hell). So I agree, it's not all his fault, far from it. He is however a massive bell end!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8666 on: August 24, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »
I've said before we should have got rid of Berahino as soon as Stoke offered £20m or whatever the exact figure.
IMO we could get rid of him now without worrying about a replacement as we will not miss what he's offered to the team for the last 2 seasons.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8667 on: August 24, 2016, 03:24:12 PM »
I agree but Rondon, Bera, Lambert, Leko and Phillips are all capable of playing as a forward....not saying they are all good enough to play there but they can

Lambert should have been released along with Vic or sold cheaply

I agree we need another decent striker but when he comes in I expect them to replace an outgoing Berahino

But if for example we get X as our new striker and let Saido go, we still only have Rondon and X as our strikers... phillips is needed on the wing and that's where it looks like Leko is favoured ... playing those upfront then brings us issues on the wings which makes no sense whatsoever .... with saying that, is what we will probably witness when and if it happens. 

Still feel we need atleast 1 more striker and 2 if Saido is going.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8668 on: August 24, 2016, 03:26:00 PM »
Not sure I agree with Saido becoming a distant player since Pulis arrived, I think players change when they get into the under 21 squad and start mixing with others from other clubs and Saido started having issues before Pulis came and has continued ever since, it was only days after Pulis came when Saido was being pulled up over not celebrating his goals against Gateshead.

The problem seems to me to be with the player and whilst Pulis may not have dealt with him the right way players have a responsiblity to control themselves as well.

You can blame Pulis for many things but not all. The player himself has a history, was it Brentford he was sent back from ?

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8669 on: August 24, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
We aren't playing 2 strikers up front though, we are playing 1 up front (Rondon who's pretty much in a different postcode) and 1 in midfield (Saido, who looks as uncomfortable as hell). So I agree, it's not all his fault, far from it. He is however a massive bell end!

But what I'm saying is were still playing 2 strikers... if that's how pulis wants to work, regardless of where he is playing them we are short on strikers. But could not agree more with the rest of your post.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8670 on: August 24, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »
I think most of us can agree that Berahino isn't a very good defensive midfielder which is his primary role in the starting eleven. Only Rondon is an attacking outlet. Everybody else has an oath to sit in front of Foster and defend until they collapse. Meanwhile the crowd lapse into unconsciousness at the boredom of it all and in the silence the irritating screams of Pulis ordering the players to run and track back are deafening. Hence the sarcastic chants when we manage a shot. At home the fans aren't going to put up with it for much longer and the players are also losing faith. Hence the mass of gloomy expressions.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8671 on: August 24, 2016, 05:01:21 PM »
Not sure I agree with Saido becoming a distant player since Pulis arrived, I think players change when they get into the under 21 squad and start mixing with others from other clubs and Saido started having issues before Pulis came and has continued ever since, it was only days after Pulis came when Saido was being pulled up over not celebrating his goals against Gateshead.

The problem seems to me to be with the player and whilst Pulis may not have dealt with him the right way players have a responsiblity to control themselves as well.

You can blame Pulis for many things but not all. The player himself has a history, was it Brentford he was sent back from ?

ytes to Brentford an also p'boro i think
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8672 on: August 24, 2016, 06:35:43 PM »
The true issues with Saido merely coincide with Pulis' reign, they are directly linked to his England call-up, subsequent interest from Spurs and his own B£llendery ever since.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8673 on: August 24, 2016, 06:47:51 PM »
Like Odemwingie, someone who promised much, believed their own press, disappeared up their ar$e.

Bloody shame, but game over, he's done.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8674 on: August 24, 2016, 07:05:47 PM »
Like Odemwingie, someone who promised much, believed their own press, disappeared up their ar$e.

Bloody shame, but game over, he's done.

What? Odemwingie had a stellar career, with a big money move to Russia, where we were only able to sign him due to institutionalised racism. He's captained his country, scored CL goals and appeared at World Cups.

Berahino isn't fit to lace up Peter Odemwingie's boots.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.