Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556545 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8550 on: August 14, 2016, 10:55:04 AM »
We are trying to get money for the lad and we want him gone, Pulis and Fletcher are hardly going to come out and say he was awful and they know he truly isn't all that good are they now?

He has had a full pre season and seems now to be focused once more and he still wasn't particularly good. Get a replacement in and cash in on someone who is massively overhyped.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8551 on: August 14, 2016, 11:25:53 AM »
Majority of people learn from their mistakes, this is his third issue while driving and he's hardly a kid anymore so that excuse has past its use by date. It reflects badly on the club when he's in the news for flouting driving laws so I think some would see it as a valid concern for supporters to be honest, none of us want to see the name West Bromwich Albion in the news for negative stories. Also I think an argument could be made for the negative stories that surround him off the pitch could easily have a negative affect on his performances on the pitch too.

It does take some kids longer than others and it's plain to see that he isn't the sharpest tool in the toolbox, but the point is he hasn't done anything that warrants the abuse he gets off some of our supporters and in all honesty he has looked head and shoulders our best attacking threat during pre-season, which is because he has got his head down and worked his backside off to get in shape. It's obvious to see (backed up by the managers comments) that he has learned from his mistakes last year. This isn't a "Marlon King" or "Ched Evans" type of character, he's just guilty of taking longer to grow up than others. He's not a malicious lad, just a knobhead!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8552 on: August 14, 2016, 11:37:15 AM »
Thought he linked play quite well and looked sharper than last season.

Although he could have done better from Rondons ball into the box, I honestly thought it should have been played along the floor.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8553 on: August 14, 2016, 03:32:54 PM »
Thought he linked play quite well and looked sharper than last season.

Although he could have done better from Rondons ball into the box, I honestly thought it should have been played along the floor.

I think that's what Saido was saying to Rondon in the aftermath of the chance.

Still should have done better though.

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8554 on: August 14, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »
Listening to Pulis interview yesterday, I wouldn't actually be surprised if he stays!
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8555 on: August 14, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »
Listening to Pulis interview yesterday, I wouldn't actually be surprised if he stays!

I would be very surprised if he stays personally.

matt_home1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8556 on: August 14, 2016, 07:08:49 PM »
Surely we need 2 strikers in before we let one go? We are very thin in attack
Ill Sleep when im dead

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8557 on: August 14, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
He`ll  be gone as soon as the chance arises he knows a lot of the fans are against him [including me] as soon as we get new striker in he`s gone I think almost certain to Stoke.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8558 on: August 14, 2016, 10:22:07 PM »
He does not fancy Palace or Stoke. Just before the deadline someone who he does fancy will come along, and because we have not signed suitable replacement(s) we will not let him go. Strops again and we suffer again. should have got rid last summer. For goodness sake get someone in now, and if he stays so be it, but dont let Berahino have the upper hand.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8559 on: August 15, 2016, 02:13:00 AM »
I wasnt there but from what I saw on the telly, when the team came over to celebrate with the away end the body language from saido and others showed what an outsider he has made himself - he was going through the motions and he was invisible to the other players - If we can just find someone even half way decent to partner rondon then he;ll be gone and owner, manager, fans and team will breathe a collective sigh of relief, and he will be someone else's (non-scoring) problem

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8560 on: August 15, 2016, 09:56:47 AM »
A £20M+ player should be able to get a free header on target. His heading ability is poor.  As well as Palace on Saturday, Watford and Man Utd last season really stick out too.

As another poster said he looks like he is going through the motions, for me he has the whiff of a player who doesn't care if he scores or not. He's doing just enough in games to get by but the spark has most definitely gone.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8561 on: August 15, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
A £20M+ player should be able to get a free header on target. His heading ability is poor.  As well as Palace on Saturday, Watford and Man Utd last season really stick out too.

As another poster said he looks like he is going through the motions, for me he has the whiff of a player who doesn't care if he scores or not. He's doing just enough in games to get by but the spark has most definitely gone.

I agree. We should be taking whatever is on offer (£20m) and running away. I suspect our inability to sign a replacement is not helping. I just wish Pulis would stop saying that he hope he stays when it seems further from the truth.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8562 on: August 15, 2016, 10:17:45 AM »
I agree. We should be taking whatever is on offer (£20m) and running away. I suspect our inability to sign a replacement is not helping. I just wish Pulis would stop saying that he hope he stays when it seems further from the truth.

Thats all part of the 'praising him up' along with the contract offer etc, stands us in good light should we need to go to a tribunal (should he stay).

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8563 on: August 15, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »
A little disappointed to see the negativity surrounding his performance against Palace. Personally I thought he did the job he was clearly asked to do very well and he does look fitter than he did last year, whether he keeps it up if the window closes and he's still here remains to be seen.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8564 on: August 15, 2016, 01:13:38 PM »
He did play well against Palace but I can`t wait to get rid and get  of the negativity that surrounds him.

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8565 on: August 21, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »
The most overrated player in the premier league. No pace, cannot head a ball and positional spence is terrible. Yes he is a scorer of good goals but he's not a goal scorer. Keeping this guy makes no sense at all. Game yesterday just passed him by. We have a new Chairman winging about the price of players yet we hold onto a player we will probably get half as much for at the end of the season and offers nothing.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8566 on: August 21, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
I believe we need to play him higher up, he is a very good finisher, I can't remember the last time he's had a shot in the prem let alone scored

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8567 on: August 21, 2016, 05:02:24 PM »
I believe we need to play him higher up, he is a very good finisher, I can't remember the last time he's had a shot in the prem let alone scored

Good point Sammy, the one consistently
good thing Berahino is that he can play on the shoulder of the last defender. He's a 6 yard box striker so why Pulis thinks he's a number 10 or winger I don't know. Either play to his strength or not at all. He's looked lost for a long time now.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8568 on: August 21, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »
i cant remember the last time he turned up for a game..sooner we get rid the better and would be a massive mistake if we dont take 20m this window

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8569 on: August 21, 2016, 05:18:56 PM »

Said the same yesterday. He's yet another player played out of position by Pulis.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8570 on: August 21, 2016, 05:37:26 PM »
Said the same yesterday. He's yet another player played out of position by Pulis.

I think he's put in the effort over the past two games but just seems the last eighteen months of unprofessional messing around has taken it's toll and he's lost that spark, that x factor. I was hoping he would come good again but nothing last season or this shows any sign of his early promise.

He needs to get away and we need to get some serious cash for him before his value plummets
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8571 on: August 21, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »
We should sell him now, take the £20m off Stoke and wave goodbye.
We wont miss what he offers because he offers nothing.
One good season and some of our fans turn him into an icon.
Not for me, get shut.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8572 on: August 21, 2016, 05:54:53 PM »
If he's as bad as people are making out, how are they expecting to sell him?

People are acting like he's a poor player but assume we can get 15 to 25 mil for him.

If you ignore his off the pitch antics and play to his strengths he's the perfect player for us... young, English, great finisher (Henry never scored many with his head, hardly any for that matter... doesn't make him a sh*t striker)

We can't judge his football when he's not being played in his best position.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8573 on: August 21, 2016, 06:04:21 PM »
If he goes to Stoke they'll have him making runs between defenders in the box and the likes of Bojan and Allen will provide the passes.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8574 on: August 21, 2016, 06:05:44 PM »
If he's as bad as people are making out, how are they expecting to sell him?

People are acting like he's a poor player but assume we can get 15 to 25 mil for him.

If you ignore his off the pitch antics and play to his strengths he's the perfect player for us... young, English, great finisher (Henry never scored many with his head, hardly any for that matter... doesn't make him a sh*t striker)

We can't judge his football when he's not being played in his best position.

Apart from what you have said you are forgetting he doesn't want to be here
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'