Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556610 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8525 on: August 13, 2016, 09:11:35 PM »
Can't blame anyone for refusing to go somewhere they don't want them to though.

But if Saido and Rondon have a good partnership going and get goals between them that puts points on the board... the current situation is working. It's pretty obvious to anyone he's going nowhere before we get a replacement, the sooner people just ignore everything else and focus on just the football the better.

Can see him still being here when the window closes

No absolutely not any player has that right to see his contract out regardless of what the club or it's fans thinks of it.

My problem is there no sign of Rondon and Berahino forming an effective partnership. Personally if I was tasked with getting Rondon and Berahino on the pitch at the same time I'm going with a 4-3-3 with Saido in a wide striker role but that isn't going happen. However I can easily see him being here until the end of the season.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8526 on: August 13, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »
No absolutely not any player has that right to see his contract out regardless of what the club or it's fans thinks of it.

My problem is there no sign of Rondon and Berahino forming an effective partnership. Personally if I was tasked with getting Rondon and Berahino on the pitch at the same time I'm going with a 4-3-3 with Saido in a wide striker role but that isn't going happen. However I can easily see him being here until the end of the season.
.   What do you mean it can't happen ? It happened today and we was away from home :o

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8527 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:34 PM »
Today was a 4-4-2 Gardner and  Phillips out wide with Saido in the number 10 role which he is not great in and we have plenty of evidence that it doesn't suit him.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8528 on: August 13, 2016, 10:34:57 PM »
Pulis said a deal not far away for Berahino but he will not go until another striker comes In I wonder if one is close

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8529 on: August 13, 2016, 10:54:05 PM »
Pulis said a deal not far away for Berahino but he will not go until another striker comes In I wonder if one is close
might be rubbish but this one just popped up.
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/844486318?-11200:789:0

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8530 on: August 13, 2016, 11:05:36 PM »
Today was a 4-4-2 Gardner and  Phillips out wide with Saido in the number 10 role which he is not great in and we have plenty of evidence that it doesn't suit him.

It worked well when he slotted in behind Ideye.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8531 on: August 13, 2016, 11:09:45 PM »
.  Watched two of his post match comments and never mentioned anything about a deal being not far away just said " He would not be going any where unless we bring someone in ,it would be suicidal ,and he would love him to be here when the window shuts

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8532 on: August 13, 2016, 11:12:49 PM »
. Well listening to Pullis ,he cut short the reporter to say "The little man was tremendous today " doesn't sound like they can't play together to me

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8533 on: August 13, 2016, 11:38:34 PM »
.  Watched two of his post match comments and never mentioned anything about a deal being not far away just said " He would not be going any where unless we bring someone in ,it would be suicidal ,and he would love him to be here when the window shuts

If we can bring in someone hungry, who'll compliment Rondon we'll potentially be better off. Clinton N'Jie on loan from Spurs perhaps would be an interesting short term replacement.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8534 on: August 13, 2016, 11:45:19 PM »
As is often the case me and Pulis seem to watch different games virtually no link up play between the two thought Berahino wasn't involved anywhere enough to justify Pulis' praise. I have no idea what is going on here it is as clear as mud

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8535 on: August 13, 2016, 11:49:31 PM »
As is often the case me and Pulis seem to watch different games virtually no link up play between the two thought Berahino wasn't involved anywhere enough to justify Pulis' praise. I have no idea what is going on here it is as clear as mud

Obvious he's going to bull him up 1:.To get the best out the player and 2:.to keep his price up and if he stays then it feels he's got the backing of his Manager
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 11:53:41 PM by OldburyWBA »

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8536 on: August 14, 2016, 12:08:51 AM »
On MOTD they said he'd scored 1 goal in his last 25 appearances  :o

Didn't play well today either, seems like his effort is back but is missing the spark he once had.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8537 on: August 14, 2016, 12:36:30 AM »
On MOTD they said he'd scored 1 goal in his last 25 appearances  :o

Didn't play well today either, seems like his effort is back but is missing the spark he once had.

If it continues another year, it'll seriously effect our compensation if he sees his contract out and stays in England after. £20m bids this window or not.

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8538 on: August 14, 2016, 01:25:21 AM »
Sooner he's gone the better. He was the weak link, along with Gardner possibly today.

I'd happily take 15 to see this lazy disgrace gone.

asa62

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8539 on: August 14, 2016, 01:27:47 AM »
Darren Fletcher also commented in the post game interview (watching in WA ) that  Berahino had done a good job .

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8540 on: August 14, 2016, 09:06:09 AM »
He at least looked interested yesterday . I'd imagine Pulis is talking up his price re comments about him and Rondon working together. Pulis had a whole season to get the partnership going and didn't so I can't see why it would suddenly click now?

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8541 on: August 14, 2016, 09:07:31 AM »
Apparently we are still trying to get him to sign a contract! ???

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8542 on: August 14, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »
Apparently we are still trying to get him to sign a contract! ???
really bad move the sooner he leaves the better.take the money and move on if we let his contract run down we will be waiting about a year for compensation just like ings to liverpool took ages to sort out

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8543 on: August 14, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »
Sooner he's gone the better. He was the weak link, along with Gardner possibly today.

I'd happily take 15 to see this lazy disgrace gone.

The only thing that is "lazy" is the lies spouted about Saido. Do you seriously think he would get in a Tony Pulis team if he was "lazy"?!
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

shortybaggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8544 on: August 14, 2016, 09:49:46 AM »
I completely and utterly disagree that Saido should leave. On top form, he's got a magic touch, only think he needs to sort out is his heading, bottled one yesterday. If his movement is sharp, he's focused and puts the effort in, he's ideal to have in the eleven. But needs to sit on the shoulder of the defender, rather than deeper in the attacking midfielder or a centre forward role.

I'd be happy to see him sign a new contract and put all this nonsense to bed

Nothing like a bit of doom and gloon

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8545 on: August 14, 2016, 09:54:13 AM »
to much has gone on and to much time has gone by that hes been a waste of space its about west bromwich albion..the saido berahino show has gone on long enough get rid

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8546 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12:37 AM »
I completely and utterly disagree that Saido should leave. On top form, he's got a magic touch, only think he needs to sort out is his heading, bottled one yesterday. If his movement is sharp, he's focused and puts the effort in, he's ideal to have in the eleven. But needs to sit on the shoulder of the defender, rather than deeper in the attacking midfielder or a centre forward role.

I'd be happy to see him sign a new contract and put all this nonsense to bed

Agreed but he isn't on top form hasn't been for a season and isn't being played as an out and out to striker and as such we are better off selling him

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8547 on: August 14, 2016, 10:27:51 AM »
Ive commented several times that I really don't think he's all that great (IMO) I think the last couple of years is his true form and he just happened to have an amazing purple patch of 10 or 12 games. He can't head a ball, he isn't that quick and is a bit of coward when it comes to a 50/50

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8548 on: August 14, 2016, 10:29:34 AM »
But needs to sit on the shoulder of the defender, rather than deeper in the attacking midfielder or a centre forward role.

Agreed but he doesn't and that may be why it's better to cash in and purchase an "attacking midfielder or a centre forward". Personally I'm a big Saido fan but it is clear that Rondon is the 9 and that we don't and can't currently play two up top on the shoulder.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8549 on: August 14, 2016, 10:45:25 AM »
Agreed but he doesn't and that may be why it's better to cash in and purchase an "attacking midfielder or a centre forward". Personally I'm a big Saido fan but it is clear that Rondon is the 9 and that we don't and can't currently play two up top on the shoulder.

Nor should we play two out and out Centre Forwards because a bloody great gap opens up between the back and front of the team we need someone to come towards the ball.