Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556216 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8475 on: August 09, 2016, 01:37:33 PM »
Lads, can we stick to the Saido topic please, we all know how Lee Hughes topics end up, arguments and locked topics.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8476 on: August 09, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »
Lads, can we stick to the Saido topic please, we all know how Lee Hughes topics end up, arguments and locked topics.

My apologies for mentioning, as much as I agree that Saido has done wrong IN HIS PERSONAL LIFE... I couldn't give a damn what he does off the field but it's completely ridiculous people can say he's been our worst in ex amount of years when he's nowhere near as bad as some players we have had.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8477 on: August 09, 2016, 01:42:04 PM »
Not even Lee Hughes? He's done worse than Saido has.

Anelka & Odemwingie's gestures were pre-planned & thoroughly selfish.

Saido's was immature & borne out of frustration.

Saido I can forgive, but Anelka & Odemwingie, not a chance
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8478 on: August 09, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »
Mr Lai`s here I wonder if he`s heard of Mr Beranino`s latest transgression Hmmmm

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8479 on: August 09, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »
My apologies for mentioning, as much as I agree that Saido has done wrong IN HIS PERSONAL LIFE... I couldn't give a damn what he does off the field but it's completely ridiculous people can say he's been our worst in ex amount of years when he's nowhere near as bad as some players we have had.

They're still representing the club you support, and as such you should probably care a little they're being a complete pr*ck again.

Drags our club through the mud
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8480 on: August 09, 2016, 03:18:54 PM »
I completely agree with you. Sure, Berahino acts like a tw** sometimes, well lots of us did when we were his age. Many of us matured and became a lot more sensible and responsible. But the fact is, what he does in his own time is of no concern to supporters. What he does on the pitch is.

What has he done in the pitch on the past  year or 18 months which is so amazing? He flatters to deceive for me , nice touches but little end product - he has scored 4 in 28? Is career recorded is 1 goal every 4.5 matches. Am I missing something? He's too old to be 'potentially' good . Same scoring record as Shane Long but adds less to overall the play than Long did.  His good touch belies the fact he doesn't change games often enough to be considered that good. We should get over him and look forward , especially if someone is willing to give us loadsa dosh for him. .....wohey ....,.!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8481 on: August 09, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
i still say feed him properly, give him the service and given the right surroundings he will be back playing for England in no time.
Unfortuanatly for us Tony Pulis is the head coach of football here.

i am not praising his off the field antics though
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8482 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »
i still say feed him properly, give him the service and given the right surroundings he will be back playing for England in no time.
Unfortuanatly for us Tony Pulis is the head coach of football here.

i am not praising his off the field antics though

I know what you mean Devon, he's got a great finish on him now and again but whether it's the way the team plays, his commitment, fitness or something else (his mental state for eg) - he just ain't performed for the baggies for a good while now . He doesn't want to be here that's clear and brings bad press which most of us are fed up or bored with (in my case).

I wish he'd bore off and let us move on to talking about attacking players who are committed and create / score - when we've signed a few!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8483 on: August 09, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
sadly he would most likely thrive in a stoke or a palace team
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8484 on: August 09, 2016, 03:49:43 PM »
sadly he would most likely thrive in a stoke or a palace team

Probably , but we need players to fit our system . We've chosen Pulis so can't sign or keep players who don't fit his way of doing things......

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8485 on: August 09, 2016, 04:21:43 PM »
I would sell berahino because I don't think he will change. Another player who will not reach his potential.Get rid now.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8486 on: August 09, 2016, 04:25:24 PM »
I would sell berahino because I don't think he will change. Another player who will not reach his potential.Get rid now.

Sure he will be gone when we get someone else in.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8487 on: August 09, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »
I do laugh at the "he won't reach his potential" quotes
He drives what car, his house is how big,he's guaranteed to earn how much in the next 18 months?
He's doing ok, some might not like him sucking air from a balloon and taking some photographs , but there are murderers , terrorists and perverts walking the streets...I know where my hatred will go
I tell you one thing , this guy loves and respects his mother, there are many that could still learn from him.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8488 on: August 09, 2016, 08:04:50 PM »
He drives what car, his house is how big,he's guaranteed to earn how much in the next 18 months?
He's doing ok, some might not like him sucking air from a balloon and taking some photographs , but there are murderers , terrorists and perverts walking the streets...I know where my hatred will go
I tell you one thing , this guy loves and respects his mother, there are many that could still learn from him.

His mother is the only one he respects by the sound of it! ::)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8489 on: August 09, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »

What has any of this got to do with being a footballer by the way?

He ain't proven much yet as a footballer hence why Stoke and Palace are after him vs a champions league club.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8490 on: August 09, 2016, 08:41:46 PM »
His mother is the only one he respects by the sound of it! ::)

He must make her so proud with his actions behind the wheel of a car.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8491 on: August 09, 2016, 08:43:38 PM »
What has any of this got to do with being a footballer by the way?

He ain't proven much yet as a footballer hence why Stoke and Palace are after him vs a champions league club.
But the way some talk?
Stoke and palace,on 60k per week 4 year contract doesn't sound too bad eh?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8492 on: August 09, 2016, 08:47:53 PM »
But the way some talk?

That's it mate 60k and a 4 year contract - football is crazy these days!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8493 on: August 09, 2016, 09:01:15 PM »
But the way some talk?

him reaching his potential has nothing to do with his earnings he could possibly make

When his career is over will people talk about the money he earnt?? or the goals, trophies and caps he won??

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8494 on: August 09, 2016, 09:05:20 PM »
him reaching his potential has nothing to do with his earnings he could possibly make

When his career is over will people talk about the money he earnt?? or the goals, trophies and caps he won??
I get what you are saying too, but he ain't Norman whiteside,Michael Johnson,Neil mellor etc
He's a proven prem striker, has represented his country and still has enough time to push on a level.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8495 on: August 09, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »
I get what you are saying too, but he ain't Norman whiteside,Michael Johnson,Neil mellor etc
He's a proven prem striker, has represented his country and still has enough time to push on a level.

Michael Ricketts and Francis Jeffers both played at full level for their country (something Saido has yet to do) but neither are remembered for what they did, more what they didn't do.

He needs to get some good advisors around him and get his head screwed on before its too late for him but hey he'll be a rich lad so all good eh.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8496 on: August 09, 2016, 09:51:01 PM »

I wouldnt go down the route of calling him proven...1 season wonder so far

I rate him, think he can go far but not with his current attitude an mentality

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8497 on: August 10, 2016, 06:56:12 AM »

Having escaped war torn Burundi as a 10 year old (?) to earning stupid money a week for kicking a football about. I'm sure his life is full of regrets?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8498 on: August 10, 2016, 12:37:58 PM »
We need to kill this wonderkid myth,

2015- 2016 he scored 4 in league and 3 in the cup.

2014-15, Premier League  P38 Scored14,    FA Cup P4    Scored5,    League Cup  P3   scored 1   â€”   Total P45   scored 20

looks good, but analyse it more
FA Cup 4 goals against Gateshead
premier league 4 pens

Being objective he scored 12 goals in "open play, in competitive games",

Which isn't bad, but not the great shakes it is percieved to be.

does he have potential, possibly if he gets his head sorted,

is he worth £20m -  Today = No!

Will we miss him?  IMO - No,   his disruptive factor and lack of contribution on the pitch do not equate to a loss IMHO.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8499 on: August 10, 2016, 01:40:28 PM »
We need to kill this wonderkid myth,

2015- 2016 he scored 4 in league and 3 in the cup.

2014-15, Premier League  P38 Scored14,    FA Cup P4    Scored5,    League Cup  P3   scored 1   â€”   Total P45   scored 20

looks good, but analyse it more
FA Cup 4 goals against Gateshead
premier league 4 pens

Being objective he scored 12 goals in "open play, in competitive games",

Which isn't bad, but not the great shakes it is percieved to be.

does he have potential, possibly if he gets his head sorted,

is he worth £20m -  Today = No!

Will we miss him?  IMO - No,   his disruptive factor and lack of contribution on the pitch do not equate to a loss IMHO.
Why discount goals against Gateshead and penalties?
Did the record books do that for shearer,van nistelrooy?
If you don't like him and/or don't rate him that's fine, it's your choice, but why almost change the facts to make a basis for your argument?