Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556514 times)

baggiepoint

• WBA Newbie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7550 on: April 27, 2016, 02:53:51 PM »
Still struggling to see where he would get into a team like Spuds

At present I agree. No service, in-fact no ball near him for 88 mins of a game. As I said In My Opinion (IMO) all the dots seem to add up.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7551 on: April 27, 2016, 03:24:30 PM »
I really hope you're right.

If we got over £20 million I'd be delighted. You could get Matty Phillips + a quality striker for that kind of money.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7552 on: April 27, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
Still struggling to see where he would get into a team like Spuds

he'll get into the carling cup squad :)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7553 on: April 27, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »
Spurs will be in the Champions league next year and they really don't have a replacement for Kane if he gets injured or needs a rest, so Saido would gets a decent amount of game time.

He can also play off either wing which adds a versatility that Kane lacks
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7554 on: April 27, 2016, 05:52:42 PM »
If i were Daniel Levy, I would withdraw the SB offer and ask about Rondon.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7555 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:27 PM »
If we manage to get anything over 10 million for him I really believe we will get prosecuted for daylight robbery, I've always been on the fence with him but he's the most overrated player I can ever remember and coupled with his terrible attitude I really can't wait to see the back of him.....I just dread the rubbbish Pulis will waste the money on.

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7556 on: April 27, 2016, 06:17:43 PM »
Spurs will be in the Champions league next year and they really don't have a replacement for Kane if he gets injured or needs a rest, so Saido would gets a decent amount of game time.

He can also play off either wing which adds a versatility that Kane lacks
the only problem with that theory he's an absolute load of rubbish.cant pass,head,control is very slow , pretty weak and of late takes a pooh penalty.He might fit in ok down the Villa

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7557 on: April 27, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
I reckon Pulis has been trying  to hide the fact all Season of how rubbish he is.He obviously don't want to play him but at times has had to fit him in just to keep public opinion happy.what do you think he adds to the team certainly not effort.
I wonder if the rest of the league knows how rubbish he is,I should think Spurs would know.They must wonder why Pulis never picked him in both Mathew.
The real problem now is he probably knows how rubbish he is himself.Id bet even his Mother m knows
5 million tops to one of the promoted teams. Might be able to fool them

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7558 on: April 27, 2016, 07:12:19 PM »
the only problem with that theory he's an absolute load of rubbish.cant pass,head,control is very slow , pretty weak and of late takes a pooh penalty.He might fit in ok down the Villa

Well he isn't, is he? He's not played well this season, but would you expect him to in a Pulis team? In a team like Spurs he could get 15 goals if he played enough.

Even with his fairly lackluster season, he still gets a goal every three games across his WBA career. Before that it was a goal every 2.5 games (roughly speaking).

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7559 on: April 27, 2016, 07:14:13 PM »
Some very odd posts on here.  He's out of form and not enjoying his football. Easily worth £25 million plus.

John Stones. Raheem Sterling. The barometers and there is even more money to spend this summer.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7560 on: April 27, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »
He's had about 15 good games in an Albion shirt, I'm not knocking him as I said I'll laugh my head off if some mug pays over the odds for him... When he had his purple patch for 4 months how many goals did he score In open play? Lots were penaltys which he can't even manage now, he can't head a barn door and his attitude stinks.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7561 on: April 27, 2016, 08:35:56 PM »
This lad is like Jermaine Defoe - he won't contribute a lot to the overall game, won't win a game all on his own, but he can score goals. If he doesn't let his attitude get the best of him, he can have a similar career to the Sunderland striker. And that included a spell at Spurs.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7562 on: April 27, 2016, 08:45:37 PM »
This lad is like Jermaine Defoe - he won't contribute a lot to the overall game, won't win a game all on his own, but he can score goals. If he doesn't let his attitude get the best of him, he can have a similar career to the Sunderland striker. And that included a spell at Spurs.
He aint nothing like Defoe!! Defoe IS a proper striker!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7563 on: April 27, 2016, 08:54:31 PM »
He aint nothing like Defoe!! Defoe IS a proper striker!

Defoe is a poacher. Saido is a poacher - he just doesn't get played in the right way, or get the right service, to show that.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7564 on: April 27, 2016, 08:57:11 PM »

With his current outlook and attitude he'll never be as good as Defoe
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7565 on: April 27, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »
With his current outlook and attitude he'll never be as good as Defoe

Spot on. No one's denying he has potential, but he's no better than Anichebe if he regresses and becomes wasteful, which he has been doing since last season.

As has also been mentioned, Spurs could easily look elsewhere and do better.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7566 on: April 28, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »
Spot on. No one's denying he has potential, but he's no better than Anichebe if he regresses and becomes wasteful, which he has been doing since last season.

As has also been mentioned, Spurs could easily look elsewhere and do better.

Couldn't agree more. One 'good' season in which his goal tally made him look way better than he thanks to being our penalty taker does not make a 25 million player.

His all round game (ie passing, movement, ariel ability, strength, work rate) has always been poor. He just had a wicked finish on him and now he's (at least for now), lost that too.

If I was Jeremy Peace id be snapping off anything above 8 million. If and when he turns out like the next Francis Jeffers or Luke Moore it will look like a very good piece of business.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7567 on: April 28, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
Couldn't agree more. One 'good' season in which his goal tally made him look way better than he thanks to being our penalty taker does not make a 25 million player.

His all round game (ie passing, movement, ariel ability, strength, work rate) has always been poor. He just had a wicked finish on him and now he's (at least for now), lost that too.

If I was Jeremy Peace id be snapping off anything above 8 million. If and when he turns out like the next Francis Jeffers or Luke Moore it will look like a very good piece of business.

I can understand why we turned down 23 million from Newcastle in January but with hindsight it was a mistake

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7568 on: April 28, 2016, 02:07:07 PM »
I can understand why we turned down 23 million from Newcastle in January but with hindsight it was a mistake

He maywell have kept them up at our expense
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7569 on: April 28, 2016, 02:24:25 PM »

I wouldn't say that his movement and strength are poor at all. He is only one goal behind Rondon who most think is great despite playing less games and out of position.

He needs to move on but we need to reinvest the money wisely.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7570 on: May 01, 2016, 01:00:19 AM »
Well the fat boy kept his promise of not playing for JP again, get rid as soon as window is open. Who needs saido we've got A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:40:34 AM by MarkW »

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7571 on: May 01, 2016, 02:00:02 AM »
The Danny Ings tribunal fee, the 1 year left on his contract.... we'll do well to get £15m.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7572 on: May 01, 2016, 02:33:09 AM »
the worst forward in the air ever[this includes all professional leagues],he cant beat a man and people on here think we are going to get 25m in your dreams 15m if we are very lucky

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7573 on: May 01, 2016, 08:16:25 AM »
It is a matter of some sadness that whatever we get for him this summer will be a bonus and we simply won't miss him, we the miss the player of last year but the not the one we currently have on our books.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7574 on: May 01, 2016, 01:10:45 PM »
'He's not Corberan, he's a very naughty boy'.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music