Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556620 times)

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7250 on: February 16, 2016, 03:41:13 PM »
We got a lucky break there, if the ref had seen it he would have sent Saido off.

Granted it wasn't as dramatic as Martinez made out, but a he did kick out at the Everton player and players get sent off for that nowadays.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7251 on: February 16, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
I've seen loads of articles stemming from Martinez relating to the alleged offence, no actual video footage or photographic evidence of the actual incident though.

Not calling him a liar by any means.

Just seems a little odd as there is usually footage spewing all over the place and netiher MotD or Sky seem to have highlighted any as yet.
Indeed that is what I thought as well. I only found out about it on here.I have a mate who is an Everton fan and he has not mentioned it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7252 on: February 20, 2016, 08:06:39 PM »
Absolute dog s***e again today. Never worth £20m in a million years.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7253 on: February 20, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »

If we paid off Pulis to go now and brought in a more attacking manager, the chances are that we'd get about £10m more for Berahino in the summer than we will get if we carry on playing like this and devalue Berahino with each and every Pulisball game. 

Keeping Pulis is a false economy.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7254 on: February 20, 2016, 08:21:40 PM »
If we paid off Pulis to go now and brought in a more attacking manager, the chances are that we'd get about £10m more for Berahino in the summer than we will get if we carry on playing like this and devalue Berahino with each and every Pulisball game. 

Keeping Pulis is a false economy.

Good point, although for me he doesn't seem bothered, movement is poor, touch is poor, doesn't have a shot ...

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7255 on: February 20, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »

Thank you, I thought it was me.
All I keep hearing is Bera this and Bera that, stop blowing smoke up his arris.
Hes had one half decent season and thats it.
We've been kidding ourselves that he isnt getting the service. When he gets a good ball its off his knee or the corner of his threepenny bit head.
He's chyte and his attitude stinks.
The sooner he's sold and we buy a proper footballer the better
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7256 on: February 20, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »
Strolled through the game today. Did naff all.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

kendo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7257 on: February 21, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »
I bet there are some very happy chairmen who are glad they never paid 25 mil, for him. He is hardly involved in any game since he as been back and I can,t  see who would want him right now. He as got a lot to prove between now and the rest of the season. We have 2 strikers who are not very good right now and 2 strikers sitting on the bench that are a dame site worse. The sooner we have a real good clear out the better. We want young hungry players who want to play for the club. Clear them out.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7258 on: February 21, 2016, 11:24:09 AM »
Even if Saido is playing a bit behind Rondon, we've been here before...playing two strikers doesn't suit us as much as playing one up top with a genuine attacking midfielder behind to link defence and attack better.
This means Morrison....and in his absence Pritchard.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7259 on: February 21, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »
thought he was dire yesterday.
valued at £25m
worth about £10m in reality.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7260 on: February 21, 2016, 11:33:51 AM »
Looks over weight still. His main quality was being sharp and pacey who can finish well. He looks slow cumbersome so suits the pulis way at the moment

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7261 on: February 26, 2016, 03:07:54 PM »
Saido Berahino Interview on WBA youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUYPhf03CaI&feature=youtu.be

interesting....

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7262 on: February 26, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »
Apology from the lad which we have to accept and move on, whether he actually means it or not is another thing but im going to get behind the lad from now until he leaves

Its true he has made mistakes, its also refreshing to hear he asked to play for the U-21's to get his fitness up and id seen he had been taking extra coaching lessons off his own back up at St Georges to improve his game.

He may have learnt from these mistakes, I would now play him and give him a run of games and see what happens...if he has a great end to the season it means we do to
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7263 on: February 26, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »
An apology is better late than never.

Especially when:

Despite having spent so long on the sidelines, Berahino is Albion’s joint top-scorer, alongside Salomon Rondon, with six goals.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-striker-saido-berahino-10955726#ICID=FB-Birm-wba

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7264 on: February 26, 2016, 04:00:45 PM »
The bridges have been burnt for me. An apology has arrived only because he has been advised to do so to put himself back in the shop window.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7265 on: February 26, 2016, 04:03:40 PM »
The bridges have been burnt for me. An apology has arrived only because he has been advised to do so to put himself back in the shop window.

Good to see you being so adult about it. A true example.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7266 on: February 26, 2016, 04:10:28 PM »
Best thing for all sides is for him to get his head down work hard score goals and increase his value...then at the end of the season move on...

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7267 on: February 26, 2016, 04:15:07 PM »
Good interview that one even if it should have come much sooner than it has, the woman asking the questions didn't hold either back to be fair to her. The most infuriating thing about him for me is that he's clearly not thick yet he's done some ridiculously stupid things over his career so far.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7268 on: February 26, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »
Apology from the lad which we have to accept and move on, whether he actually means it or not is another thing but im going to get behind the lad from now until he leaves

Its true he has made mistakes, its also refreshing to hear he asked to play for the U-21's to get his fitness up and id seen he had been taking extra coaching lessons off his own back up at St Georges to improve his game.

He may have learnt from these mistakes, I would now play him and give him a run of games and see what happens...if he has a great end to the season it means we do to

Perhaps he hasn't got to heading on his coaching sessions yet!

Although it is good to have an apology it took a long time in coming, perhaps it is a sweetener so he can get his move to a top six club? The best apology that Berahino can make now is to score goals to win us enough points to stay in the premier league.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7269 on: February 26, 2016, 05:37:19 PM »

just seen this on bbc sport site:

West Brom striker Saido Berahino says he regrets threatening to go on strike and has apologised to the club and its supporters.

The 22-year-old tried to force a move away from The Hawthorns in the summer after the Baggies rejected two bids from Tottenham Hotspur.

In September he tweeted he would never play for chairman Jeremy Peace.

But he said: "It is something I look back on and really regret. I should never have said that. I am human."

Berahino, who was the subject of a £21m bid from Newcastle in January, has scored six goals in 25 games for Albion this season, with boss Tony Pulis critical of his form and fitness.

The England Under-21 international netted 20 times for the Baggies last term.

"I make mistakes," he added. "I hold my hands up and I say it was a mistake from me. I just apologise to all the fans out there that have always supported me and also the club that has always believed in me.

"I have missed a lot of football and I am just trying to get myself back into match fitness and sharper again like I was last season.

"My focus is mainly on getting back to what I was last season and finishing really on a high."

West Brom are 14th in the Premier League and entertain Crystal Palace on Saturday.

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7270 on: February 26, 2016, 06:49:44 PM »
Obviously a good bit of PR, a bit like saying to potential buyers, "look, I'm not a bad lad really, just misguided, so please come for me."

It maybe should have been said sooner, I actually would prefer players to do their talking on the pitch. Let's face it, if Saido had performed as we know he can, no apology would be needed or said.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7271 on: February 26, 2016, 07:37:00 PM »

I don't have to accept anything from him, i couldn't care less i will never change my mind the sooner he us gone the better

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7272 on: February 26, 2016, 07:38:25 PM »
100% agreed

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7273 on: February 26, 2016, 07:40:04 PM »
100% agreed

Why are you so irate? Have you never said anything in the heat of anger that you later regret?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7274 on: February 26, 2016, 07:45:01 PM »
Why are you so irate? Have you never said anything in the heat of anger that you later regret?
Yes i have but not for over a year!!! He doesn't want to he at the Albion i don't want him at the Albion end of