Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556551 times)

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7075 on: February 02, 2016, 08:05:58 AM »
But if he had tweeted nothing, there would have been nothing to make something about.
Totally agree with you, but I doubt any of us could resist having a dig after taking a load of flak last year, it's human nature.

His best reaction would be quit the sulking and do what he does best, proving we were right to keep him.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7076 on: February 02, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »
I still think he'll go, left training early after 'a knock' hmmm convenient  ::) & I think there'll be at least another one (possible two) coming in, Pulis not at training ground & not doing pre match interview  ::) .....do love a conspiracy theory me!   

Could've swore I saw Saido on the grassy knoll  :D

If nothing else this proves one thing, I am definitely not ITK  :'(
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7077 on: February 02, 2016, 08:43:30 AM »
What's the general view on his tweet?

Do we think hes been told to knuckle down, scores goals, improve attitude, and try and get into Hodgson's mind before he picks his Euro 2016 squad - and he has accepted it? (also knowing he go go in summer)

Or did he just want the last word again but without rocking the boat too much?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7078 on: February 02, 2016, 08:43:42 AM »
Glad he is still here, I would take him in are starting line-up even with his juvenile antics over any of our strikers when we play 2 up front.

Fair play to him for his tweet he has been goaded all day. I also read it as he recognized that he had been a silly little boy in the last transfer window.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7079 on: February 02, 2016, 08:51:27 AM »
Wow, some people really don't like being proven wrong do they?

Well done Saido for sticking two fingers up at the people who can't wait to pick faults, and the hypocrites who undoubtedly acted like ****heads in their early 20's just like Saido.

I'm 24. I've never drunk drove, inhaled laughing gas. Never refused to work.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7080 on: February 02, 2016, 08:57:51 AM »
Hey I wonder the wording of the tweet, it's not aimed at this forum is it!!🤔

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7081 on: February 02, 2016, 08:58:33 AM »
What's the general view on his tweet?

Obviously no idea whether he was just having a laff or sticking his tongue out at those who were relishing the prospect of a Tw@tter melt down. I would imagine it was a bit of both.

What I do know is that when I heard the tweet read out on the news last night I thought it was funny and laughed out loud.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WD40

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7082 on: February 02, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »
Bet he signs a new contract by the end of the week

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7083 on: February 02, 2016, 09:04:25 AM »
The tweet could and should have been less cryptic but if it is a little dig at himself then fair play.
Am I the only one that thinks that, from a football point of view, this could be the best signing of the window?
If he knuckles down, gets fit and starts enjoying his football again, he, and we, could have a very good end to the season.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7084 on: February 02, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »
Obviously no idea whether he was just having a laff or sticking his tongue out at those who were relishing the prospect of a Tw@tter melt down. I would imagine it was a bit of both.

What I do know is that when I heard the tweet read out on the news last night I thought it was funny and laughed out loud.
I had the same reaction, maybe because sky had built it up so you're expecting fireworks or maybe just because I felt Bera was actually having a laff at himself.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7085 on: February 02, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »
The tweet could and should have been less cryptic but if it is a little dig at himself then fair play.
Am I the only one that thinks that, from a football point of view, this could be the best signing of the window?
If he knuckles down, gets fit and starts enjoying his football again, he, and we, could have a very good end to the season.

No you're not.

Over to Tony and Saido.

COYB and SOTV.
 8).

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7086 on: February 02, 2016, 09:24:23 AM »
Darren Lewis (mirror) spouting off i read
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7089 on: February 02, 2016, 09:44:05 AM »
An uninformed outsiders view......... he knows as much as we do about the matter, possibly less. 
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7090 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:28 AM »
I think it's mostly whimpering, whinging, whining drivel to be honest.
Agree typical Adrian Durham nonsense.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7091 on: February 02, 2016, 09:46:38 AM »

I totally agree. The side needs him as the alternatives are dreadful. Who else would have scored the 2 goals that he did at the weekend?

He's no doubt been told that he can go in the summer and now needs to knuckle down and score some goals. He may still have an outside chance of making the Euros. TP keeps harping  about his fitness but if he doesn't play how can he get match fit?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7092 on: February 02, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »
Agree typical Adrian Durham nonsense.

Durham has a thing about TP and his alleged style of football, so any chance to have a swipe.......

He also supports Peterborough so even more of a reason to try and cause problems.
MAGA!

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7093 on: February 02, 2016, 09:54:26 AM »
Lets just get behind Saido now, he will probably go in the summer, and he seems to of learnt from last transfer window. Lets support him and hope he scores some goals to keep us up!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7094 on: February 02, 2016, 09:57:08 AM »
Durham has a thing about TP and his alleged style of football, so any chance to have a swipe.......

He also supports Peterborough so even more of a reason to try and cause problems.

Eventhough it can often lack insight his radio programme can be funny at times.

With regard to his thoughts on this issue, I believe he'd be better served focussing his ire on his chairmans FA Cup pricing policy.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7095 on: February 02, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »
Reading his latest tweet, I think he might finally be getting (or at least listening) to some good advice.

If he had said nothing, people would have assumed he was sulking, but he addressed the situation sensibly.

He seems to want Spurs, but Spurs have been put off by his reputation it would appear. If he fancied Newcastle or Stoke, I think he would have gone for 24m, but I don't think he does.

So there has been a few things in the media recently to try and fix his image which a clever advisor could manipulate, such as pointing out he spends time doing extra training with the kids and bits about charitable work he has done abroad and with the homeless.

Even allowing his extra training with his striking coach to be on Soccer Am last week presents a person who cares about his career.

He needs to get fit and on the pitch now, whilst avoiding controversy. Waste another six months and a Newcastle / Stoke will be his only option. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:01:59 AM by johnny Cash »

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7096 on: February 02, 2016, 10:05:54 AM »
I think some of what he is saying is true to be fair.

However one of the key things, its okay saying we should of accepted £24m from Tottenham, if it had been as straight forward as that we would of accepted it i imagine? What he doesnt mention is that Spurs offered in installments, a very incentive driven offer with a very low initial amount.

We could say we want to buy Messi for £500m, wow - amazing! However we will give them £10m upfront, £10m when he scores ten goals, £10m when he takes five throw ins, etc, etc. Its not as black and white saying we turned down £24m from Tottenham.

We may of turned down bids for Newcastle (who are relegation rivals, why strengthen a rival) and Stoke, Stoke are a better team than us Saido said he wants to play champions league football and with all due respect to Stoke, they wont achieve that! Okay we maybe should of given him the chance to turn them down but i it would of been more of a sideways move than an upwards one.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7097 on: February 02, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »
As the window is now shut until the Summer we no longer need two topics discussing the same subject so this will be closed until any new trasnfer rumours begin to surface.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7098 on: February 02, 2016, 10:14:58 AM »
No club came near JPs valuation this drivel from journo's is typical, blokes an idiot

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7099 on: February 02, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »

Durham seems to have a problem with West Bromwich Albion Football Club full stop and this is just the latest excuse he has to have a pop, its been going on for a while, anything and everything he can have a go about he does.