Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556547 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #6325 on: January 23, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »
Even before Spursgate Berahino wasn't the sort to create his own chances, possibly a better finisher but not overall player for me.
Well Rondon is hardly an overall player on the evidence so far. What we have to consider is that if Berahino goes, Rondon is our main striker. How many goals will he score this season? It's all right having these forwards who hold the ball up, Anichebe is another one, but at the end of the day, someone has to put the ball in the net.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6326 on: January 23, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »
He stands around looking like he's never seen a sodding ball in his life. He doesn't have a clue. Doesn't want to be here, doesn't want to work hard. He's a useless, lazy, childish bag of pooh. There's 50/50s and bottling, then there's not bothering to even attempt to move around the pitch.

I just want him out of the club, you get these idiots like Sinclair on the BBC saying that the club hasn't handled it very well, so Trevor Sinclair has the club mate him turn up late for training and matches, such as today, and not train properly and get over weight. Berahino doesn't have a positive brain cell. I have said this before he has affectively gone on strike at the club that has developed him and supported him from an early age. No Sinclair if he had conducted himself properly and professionally then he would have surely got his move but now it looks like no one in the top six of the premier league will touch him with a bargepole. So it looks as though it would have to be a desperate club like Newcastle. I don't care about how much money we get for him anymore, lets just get this brain dead cretin out of our club.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6327 on: January 23, 2016, 06:15:48 PM »
Well Rondon is hardly an overall player on the evidence so far. What we have to consider is that if Berahino goes, Rondon is our main striker. How many goals will he score this season? It's all right having these forwards who hold the ball up, Anichebe is another one, but at the end of the day, someone has to put the ball in the net.
in case you hadn't noticed, Rondon IS our main striker. Berahino doesn't want to play for us, so get used to it. The Berahino of last year has gone forever

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6328 on: January 23, 2016, 06:50:31 PM »
Im not saying Rondon is the answer but he needs a creative , consistent number 10 behind him. Nothing id love more than Saido to start banging them in but i doubt that will happen.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6329 on: January 23, 2016, 07:02:05 PM »
He is a disgrace to the shirt fat, lazy arrogant git who doesn"t want to play for us backing out of tackles not trying and saying in the press this morning that going to Newcastle was progression!! and to all the ones singing his name and cheering him pathetic i hope he never wears the shirt again.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6330 on: January 23, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »
He is a disgrace to the shirt fat, lazy arrogant git who doesn"t want to play for us backing out of tackles not trying and saying in the press this morning that going to Newcastle was progression!! and to all the ones singing his name and cheering him pathetic i hope he never wears the shirt again.

I cringe when I hear people sing his name. How much more can one player disrespect the fans and club?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6331 on: January 23, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
lets hope it progresses to Newcastle making a bid, need to get shut of this brainless twonk asap. if ever a player was bound to self destruct its this twonk.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6332 on: January 23, 2016, 07:30:16 PM »
yet some fans still clap him and sing his name , not me he doesnt want to be here simple as that .

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6333 on: January 23, 2016, 07:31:15 PM »
It is almost worth shoving him out on loan to a League 2 team.
That is about his worth, now.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6334 on: January 23, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »
He looked terrible today, his touches were awful and you could tell he hasn't played much regular football.

I hope for his sake he moves on because he is rotting here. It's a shame seeing that happen to such a talent but it looks like his attitude is slowly beginning to creep up on him.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6335 on: January 23, 2016, 07:59:42 PM »
Pat Murphy confirmed no bids and it will take a head turning offer to get Peace to the table. Virtually certain he'll stay this window.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6336 on: January 23, 2016, 08:03:23 PM »
It is almost worth shoving him out on loan to a League 2 team.
That is about his worth, now.
how about a swap with keymar roofe.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6337 on: January 23, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
He looked terrible today, his touches were awful and you could tell he hasn't played much regular football.

I hope for his sake he moves on because he is rotting here. It's a shame seeing that happen to such a talent but it looks like his attitude is slowly beginning to creep up on him.

A shame? He's nobody to blame but himself. That wasn't rustiness today. That wasn't lack of game time. That's pure laziness, lack of desire to play for us, and a man who is sulking and is putting his career second to anything else.

He isn't interested, makes no effort and hasn't all season. He looks clueless at the moment, like he's forgotten how to play football, wandering slowly about, bottling tackles. That's not from lack of playing, it's lack of giving a damn.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:06:32 PM by PsalmXXIII »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6338 on: January 23, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »
Was extremely poor when he came on today, bottling tackles and getting caught in possession... Not going anywhere though so might as well get behind him. Says a lot when we became more ineffective with Anichebe and Berahino on instead of Rondon.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6339 on: January 23, 2016, 08:16:21 PM »
A shame? He's nobody to blame but himself. That wasn't rustiness today. That wasn't lack of game time. That's pure laziness, lack of desire to play for us, and a man who is sulking and is putting his career second to anything else.

He isn't interested, makes no effort and hasn't all season. He looks clueless at the moment, like he's forgotten how to play football, wandering slowly about, bottling tackles. That's not from lack of playing, it's lack of giving a damn.

Yet we still have people changing his name and slagging off brunt and Gardner. Ridiculous. I hope we sell him for whatever price.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6340 on: January 23, 2016, 08:43:38 PM »
anbody scounting him today surely wont bother making a bid,looked totally out of sorts,carrying too much weight,our forward department is looking pretty poor,like it or not the only forward we ever had who could beat a man and create his own chance in our premier league tenancy is still odemthingie

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6341 on: January 23, 2016, 09:03:35 PM »
Saido was good in the past, but he must has been sniffing too much gas, and it has affected his brain.

What brain?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6342 on: January 23, 2016, 09:33:34 PM »
I'm afraid he will become one of the nearly men that should have made a much bigger impact in the game than he now will.

A player that should have developed into a top Premier League talent but let his attitude ruin it all, instead of being an backside after his failed move to Spurs he should have knuckled down and done all he could to get back among the goals and make sure someone higher in the league would take a punt on him. Instead he has wasted over 6 months of his career and completely let himself go physically and no one in the Premier League should want to take him on after the way he has reacted to not getting a move.

He only has himself to blame for the way his career is headed.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6343 on: January 23, 2016, 09:45:25 PM »
I'm afraid he will become one of the nearly men that should have made a much bigger impact in the game than he now will.

A player that should have developed into a top Premier League talent but let his attitude ruin it all, instead of being an backside after his failed move to Spurs he should have knuckled down and done all he could to get back among the goals and make sure someone higher in the league would take a punt on him. Instead he has wasted over 6 months of his career and completely let himself go physically and no one in the Premier League should want to take him on after the way he has reacted to not getting a move.

He only has himself to blame for the way his career is headed.

Yes spot on, but of course according to these so called experts on the BBC it is the clubs fault for not handling the situation correctly, these people who know nothing about our great club. BS.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6344 on: January 24, 2016, 07:30:40 AM »
The penny dont drop with him does it.

I think fans forgive a lot of off the field stuff but when you cant be bothered to try on the pitch, you are taking the p**s out the club.

Sad thing is a half motivated Berahino is better than any other striker, yet at the moment he isnt even half motivated and is getting worse. If i was Pulis i would punish him until it sinks in, every day he was late for training, wait for him to turn up, tell him he is fined a weeks wages and to go back home. Same on matchdays, every time he turns up late, say thanks for coming but your not needed, your fined now off you pop back home and it would seem when he is in those moods, it shows on the pitch as he does nothing.

Pulis keep putting him on the bench is a concern, if he is a big t**t as reported and by some of Pulis comments it would seem he is, banish him til he changes, Berahino will think i can do what i want and make the squad anyway, it keeps people talking about him, as i say when he is in his idiot mode we dont miss him anyway. A interested or even half interested Berahino is a different story.

I know people say he is a valuable asset, he is only valuable if others want to buy him, if he is still here end of the window, then if his attitude stays the same, personally i would make him train on his own away from the club, he is on £15k a week, we have others in the squad who earn more than that and dont play so that shouldnt be a factor.

Make him come in two afternoons a week when the other players have gone, beast him and see how he responds, if you see improvement get him back in with the squad, if you dont keep doing it, i think he probably has too many people kissing his backside and been nice to him and its created a arrogant, unprofessional git, maybe he needs some tough love, it will do him good in the long run.

I remember when Fletcher first joined, the first few months it was said he was going to act as Saido mentor, Pulis was making the right noises too but even they seem to of give up on him, people will only stand so much, its happened a lot and he has to realise for himself.

In his world god is great and he loves him mum, surely people around him who care about him must shake him up, he has a talent for scoring goals which if he sorts his attitude out would mean most the country would want him, he has the talent but things like turning up late, not being arsed on the pitch is not only bad manners, its unprofessional and disrespectful and if he was a relative or friend of mine i would be telling him that, not just a lesson in football, in life itself.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:32:36 AM by Albion79 »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6345 on: January 24, 2016, 08:58:53 AM »
You can all jump up and down and say what you like, the facts are he is our biggest assets and our best player.
If it were your money you wouldn't stick him in the reserves nor would you let his contract run or send him to league two.
I get why many are upset but the overreaction to this guy is amazing, you might not like him, you might not like ODEMWINGIE but the facts are they are top players and we were lucky to have both.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6346 on: January 24, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »
You can all jump up and down and say what you like, the facts are he is our biggest assets and our best player.
If it were your money you wouldn't stick him in the reserves nor would you let his contract run or send him to league two.
I get why many are upset but the overreaction to this guy is amazing, you might not like him, you might not like ODEMWINGIE but the facts are they are top players and we were lucky to have both.
Can't be compared footballing wise with Pete ,  he was on another level to Saido as an overall player and did it around the world scoring goals .Pete wasn't a one season wonder either.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:40:47 AM by Dexy »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6347 on: January 24, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »
Biggest asset and best player when on the pitch.

Sadly for three months now he is not deemed fit to play even when we have other strikers who cant hit a barn door between them. I dont think its an overreaction when a 22 year old earning massive money cannot even be bothered to turn up on time (reguarly), keep himself fit and try in a local derby, i think the reaction is justified.

If he doesnt go this window its down to him, he has six months til the next window, he can either use those six months to work hard, get back in the team and come the summer get a move to a decent team.

If he carries on like he has the last few months where he is clearly not doing even the minimum required then during those six months then i would punish him until he does, we couldnt sell him even if we wanted to in that period so if it was my money i wouldnt be paying him his full wage when he cannot do his job properly, ie - fine him when he isnt on time.

If nobody buys him it doesnt matter what he is deemed to be worth by us. If he still here in the summer we could still probably get £12m plus i would insert a big sell on fee incase he fulfills his undoubted potential.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:33:15 AM by Albion79 »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6348 on: January 24, 2016, 09:51:08 AM »
For me we either do one of two things with him - get him back in the team scoring goals and get him back into shape, if for nothing else just to keep his value up for summer. If that really isn't an option though I think we'd be better off doing what Albion79 says and getting Leko or Roberts on the bench in his place.

Pulis said Nabi was sold because of his lack of first team exposure in England, well here's a great opportunity to give one of our younger lads with hunger (for the game rather than food) a chance.

Either play him, because we need goals or break him and hope that he might see the error of his ways.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6349 on: January 24, 2016, 11:02:43 AM »
Even a half hearted Berahino is better than anything else we have. Still our joint top scorer despite barely playing. I honestly can't see him going so we need to find a way back in for him. He does need to help himself.
We saw an half hearted  Berahino yesterday do you still think he is better than anyone else?