Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556290 times)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5950 on: January 01, 2016, 10:56:28 PM »
Berahino has scored the same amount of goals this season as Rondon despite having played 539 minutes less. Shame we couldn't have got him on the pitch more.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5951 on: January 02, 2016, 06:59:05 AM »
Berahino has scored the same amount of goals this season as Rondon despite having played 539 minutes less. Shame we couldn't have got him on the pitch more.

Shame he couldn't have got himself on the pitch more.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5952 on: January 02, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
if being a striker was just about putting the ball in the net the national side  for example would just pick the  players with the best goal record, obviously it dosen't just boil down to scoring which is why players like Hurst got the nod over Jimmy Greaves or more recently why Peter Beardsley got 59 caps despite scoring only 9 goals.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5953 on: January 02, 2016, 11:44:59 AM »
Saido will go and he will go to a bigger club, but as with all these players he will sit on the bench and not get any game time, he will then end up elsewhere or if his attitude continues as is then he will end up dropping down the leagues.

At his age in his development he needs continuous games and he has wasted an entire season really of his career as he won't be upto any match standard when he does leave us especially not for a the type of club he wants to join.

I actually hope he goes to Spurs where he will find himself playing second fiddle to Kane and then everyone can see what a plonker this lad is

Such a shame he is so petulant. He could have got his value up to £30M easily by now, instead he'd rather make a t1t of himself.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5954 on: January 02, 2016, 11:47:34 AM »

If he hadn't acted like an idiot he would have been, apparantely the plan was for him to play behind Rondon but the throwing toys sort of stopped that
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5955 on: January 02, 2016, 11:50:57 AM »
if being a striker was just about putting the ball in the net the national side  for example would just pick the  players with the best goal record, obviously it dosen't just boil down to scoring which is why players like Hurst got the nod over Jimmy Greaves or more recently why Peter Beardsley got 59 caps despite scoring only 9 goals.
True, and we won a World Cup on the back of Hurst putting it in the back of the net three times and nothing with Peter  Beardsley not scoring. Leicester are currently joint top of the table with a pub player consistently scoring.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5956 on: January 02, 2016, 12:07:04 PM »
If he hadn't acted like an idiot he would have been, apparantely the plan was for him to play behind Rondon but the throwing toys sort of stopped that

I thought the plan was for Pulis to sell him and spend the money on other players?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5957 on: January 02, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »
I thought the plan was for Pulis to sell him and spend the money on other players?

It is but whilst he was still here that was the plan but didn't work out for well publicised reasons

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5958 on: January 02, 2016, 12:11:02 PM »
It is but whilst he was still here that was the plan but didn't work out for well publicised reasons
Because he was told he could go, Tottenham messed us about and then he started acting like a tit?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5959 on: January 02, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
Because he was told he could go, Tottenham messed us about and then he started acting like a tit?

Yes probably in a nutshell. The thing is with very public "tapping up" you have to pay what the selling club wants like Man City did with Sterling. Spurs did the whole courtship thing but didn't come across with bling  >:(

Well because the toys went out of the pram we never got to see it really but I suspect that might not have worked particularly well because he has not got the all round game that he needs as a number 10, not saying that he can't develop it but right now it isn't there.

I have been generally sanguine about his departure because I have always felt he didn't quite fit into our current style and there are players we might buy with the money that would. As it has turned out with got even less than I thought we might from him this season.

I hate to admit but he could do well at Spurs although he has to find his best form and drop the billy big bollox attitude. So it is far from certain.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5960 on: January 02, 2016, 12:28:14 PM »

Yep, told he could go but I guess he was also told it would depend on the deal so not exactly as clear cut as "you can go" no matter how you dress it up.

Only one person to blame and he has a comfy seat at the lane on matchdays.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5961 on: January 02, 2016, 02:14:04 PM »
True, and we won a World Cup on the back of Hurst putting it in the back of the net three times and nothing with Peter  Beardsley not scoring. Leicester are currently joint top of the table with a pub player consistently scoring.

Hurst did get an hat trick to help win us the world cup but is goals per game are inferior to Greaves so those folk who just see goals would have picked  Greaves ahead of  Hurst and  we may never have won the world cup.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5962 on: January 02, 2016, 02:20:38 PM »

We shouldn't be moving our only goalscorer out of his best position to accomodate an inferior player.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5963 on: January 02, 2016, 05:18:23 PM »
We shouldn't be moving our only goalscorer out of his best position to accomodate an inferior player.

But we thought he was going - he had declined a new contract.  Can't build a team around a bloke who is determined to leave. Had to buy in his replacement in advance because Spurs played silly bugg*rs right up to the end of the August window

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5964 on: January 02, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
I don't know why people are worried about him going. Hasn't done a tap since November and we haven't missed him.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5965 on: January 02, 2016, 05:59:42 PM »

We seem to be doing okay without him at the moment. Rondon is a totally different type of player so not exactly an inferior one.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5966 on: January 02, 2016, 10:28:11 PM »
He is a proven goalscorer though, and I doubt that he has lost that ability completely at a relatively young age. If he does go, I hope that the club realise they need a replacement goalscorer and where do you find one? Much as Vic and Lambert are good at holding the ball up, the most important job of a striker is to stick the ball in the back of the net.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5967 on: January 03, 2016, 12:14:25 AM »
He is a proven goalscorer though, and I doubt that he has lost that ability completely at a relatively young age. If he does go, I hope that the club realise they need a replacement goalscorer and where do you find one? Much as Vic and Lambert are good at holding the ball up, the most important job of a striker is to stick the ball in the back of the net.

It is not April the 1st.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5968 on: January 04, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »
http://readwestbrom.com/2016/01/04/west-brom-quartet-set-january-exit/

Newcastle and Norwich joining Tottenham in the race to sign him....he would just love to play in the Championship I am sure!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5969 on: January 04, 2016, 12:11:27 PM »
He's made for Newcastle, big time charlie in a big toon
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5970 on: January 04, 2016, 12:33:12 PM »
Anyone else worried that once we accept a bid for him he gets to which ever club it is for a medical and they just take one look at him and say nah?, when you sign people in January you want them for and raring to go, not have to wait 2/3 months to get them fit
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5971 on: January 04, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »
http://readwestbrom.com/2016/01/04/west-brom-quartet-set-january-exit/

Newcastle and Norwich joining Tottenham in the race to sign him....he would just love to play in the Championship I am sure!

I would literally cry with laughter if we sold him to Norwich  ;D

Would serve him right

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5972 on: January 04, 2016, 12:49:22 PM »
As much as I'd love him to sign for the Toon or the Canaries it's unlikely either of those would meet our valuation or Bertie Big Bollox expectations.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:25:14 PM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5973 on: January 04, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »
linked with Norwich i hear
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5974 on: January 04, 2016, 02:25:12 PM »
Hasn't he gone yet?  :P
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)