Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556477 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5825 on: December 24, 2015, 02:28:48 PM »
I know for a fact that Berahino has been wetting off many of the coaching staff and players in recent months, he has the swag and the attitude around the place of someone who has no interest in performing for West Bromwich Albion, not an assumption.  We need to sell in January while he still has some value and while the bigger clubs have a limited number of striking targets available, the pool for them will become bigger in the summer window.

I agree but will we replace him? We will have to pay over the odds ourselves for anyone decent in January unless their contracts are running out.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5826 on: December 24, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »
I agree but will we replace him? We will have to pay over the odds ourselves for anyone decent in January unless their contracts are running out.
would gladly blow the lot on phillips and Austin, I rate saido but he's giving us nothing.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5827 on: December 24, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »
Berahino has barely been playing so is it really that vital we replace him with quality right now, why not promote Nabi and then wait for the summer to find a real replacement.
"This crack is really moreish."

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5828 on: December 27, 2015, 03:54:05 AM »
We have to get rid ASAP, he is dragging the club down. If JP does not strike a deal SB's antics in the summer could be minor compared with this time. i predict he would go on strike, not turn up for training and almost be prepared to ruin his reputation completely to get back at the club, such is his misguided attitude. He could then almost become unsaleable. Sell him quick and listen to the cheers from the dressing room. A bit OTT some may think but its all about opinions and perceptions.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5829 on: December 27, 2015, 08:49:07 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I still think he is a Cock but having reflected about the last 12 months I have some sympathy for Berahino.

I've never thought he was as talented as he thinks he is but that with some work could go on and become a quality player as he has a natural goalscorers instinct and was arguably the best finisher at the club. This time last year he had been nurtured through the club for years and was first name on the team sheet and fast becoming our greatest asset and was getting called up for England squads. What is he now?

Clearly he doesn't fit Pulisball and whilst we should have been setting ourselves up to play to his (and our) strength we appear to have chosen the dark side and identified our strength as defending and scoring from set pieces; bringing the big men up from the back (the special team in American Football terms) to score our goals. We should have been issuing hands of warnings to clubs (which Peace did?) and not telling him he could leave (which Pulis did?). Teams that do well in the Premier League generally do so because they score goals, Leicester are (were?) top of the table playing to the strengths of a pub player, our best years we played to the strengths of Odemwhingy or Lukaku.

The future for Berahino will only be rosy, as I see it, under two circumstances.  He leaves (at a price much lower than we have probably already turned down for him) or Pulis goes and we start playing to his strengths again. Bye bye Berahino.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5830 on: December 27, 2015, 09:10:56 AM »
There was a point where I could see him being reintegrated into the team but the longer he has been benched the less it has looked like this will happen. I hope we sell him next month he is doing nothing for us.  Pulis will possibly buy a replacement or not it makes no difference either way.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5831 on: December 27, 2015, 09:37:02 AM »
He's had no form for over two months - longer?  I really hope he's off in Jan. Any decent money for him would be good simply because we can reinvest in someone who has more desire to play. Yes he has qualities but he could be one of these strikers who looks promising but fades away badly in his mid-twenties because he's not committed enough?

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5832 on: December 27, 2015, 10:41:07 AM »
Pulis wanted a targetman in the summer to fill the one up front role so on the odd occasion when Berahino has played he's been either out wide or in midfield.

He is a pain up the ar*se but you can't leave your only goalscoring threat out the team and expect to score goals.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5833 on: December 27, 2015, 12:56:55 PM »
Hindsight is a great thing and all but this blokes attitude sucks. He wants to move to spuds so he can get in England team for Euros but when deal breaks down he throws his dummy out of pram.he's put on weight and his touches yesterday were woeful I'd play vic before this pooh

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5834 on: December 28, 2015, 12:44:52 AM »
Hindsight is a great thing and all but this blokes attitude sucks. He wants to move to spuds so he can get in England team for Euros but when deal breaks down he throws his dummy out of pram.he's put on weight and his touches yesterday were woeful I'd play vic before this pooh

Honestly think the guy's a looser with talent - ok I've said it. Obviously doesn't look after himself and has and attitude that precedes his talent.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5835 on: December 28, 2015, 07:15:26 AM »
He's been a fool to himself in the way he acted like a petulant child after the Spurs move didn't happen. He appears to have regressed to the type of behaviour that saw his loan move at Brentford cut short, he really hasn't been advised very well.

I would be surprised if we manage to get a fee anywhere near what we want after his antics in the summer and the fact he can't get in the side anymore let alone score goals to put him in the shop window. I can genuinely see everyone losing out with us being lumbered with him until his contract ends which wouldn't have been a bad thing had he been performing well for us but he is just stagnating now and not developing as he should have been. He should be held up as an example to everyone showing how a difficult upbringing shouldn't hold you back from your dreams but instead he's currently the stand out example to youngsters to show how quickly things can go pear shaped if you act like a dick.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5836 on: December 28, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »
He's been a fool to himself in the way he acted like a petulant child after the Spurs move didn't happen. He appears to have regressed to the type of behaviour that saw his loan move at Brentford cut short, he really hasn't been advised very well.

I would be surprised if we manage to get a fee anywhere near what we want after his antics in the summer and the fact he can't get in the side anymore let alone score goals to put him in the shop window. I can genuinely see everyone losing out with us being lumbered with him until his contract ends which wouldn't have been a bad thing had he been performing well for us but he is just stagnating now and not developing as he should have been. He should be held up as an example to everyone showing how a difficult upbringing shouldn't hold you back from your dreams but instead he's currently the stand out example to youngsters to show how quickly things can go pear shaped if you act like a dick.
Shafted by the current management and behaving like the spoilt kid that he is.  He is 22 and has spent 12 years of his life in the bubble that is football (following however many years of a life that few on here could comprehend). Fast becoming a future England star to be told by Pulis he can leave and who no longer picks him because he doesn't suit his style of play. (Equally stitched up by Tottenham who thought he could be bought on the cheap with Pulis indicating he was surplus to requirements). Football is hard but should be building a team around him.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5837 on: December 28, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »
Shafted by the current management and behaving like the spoilt kid that he is.  He is 22 and has spent 12 years of his life in the bubble that is football (following however many years of a life that few on here could comprehend). Fast becoming a future England star to be told by Pulis he can leave and who no longer picks him because he doesn't suit his style of play. (Equally stitched up by Tottenham who thought he could be bought on the cheap with Pulis indicating he was surplus to requirements). Football is hard but should be building a team around him.

I'm not sure that he was "shafted by current management". I suspect his behaviour and attitude left them with no choice.  Spurs disgracefully messed his head, trying to force a cheap transfer but it's not them who have to pick up the pieces.  They never had any intention of paying what they knew it would take to buy him.  Is very hard to build a team around a player with a bad attitude who is determined to leave at the next window.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5838 on: December 28, 2015, 09:19:46 AM »
I'm not sure that he was "shafted by current management". I suspect his behaviour and attitude left them with no choice.  Spurs disgracefully messed his head, trying to force a cheap transfer but it's not them who have to pick up the pieces.  They never had any intention of paying what they knew it would take to buy him.  Is very hard to build a team around a player with a bad attitude who is determined to leave at the next window.
Told you can leave and played out of position in a Pulis style of team is pretty much being shafted as a forward in my opinion. I am not in anyway condoning his subsequent actions but chicken and egg spring to mind. Good excuse for Pulis though.  ;)

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5839 on: December 28, 2015, 09:21:27 AM »
When all is said and done whatever we think of him he scores goals . I think the problem Pulis has is he simply doesn't know where to fit him into his system . So we sell him can we trust Pulis to sign a player to replace him who scores goals and will fit in system . I wouldn't be surprised to see Peace dig his heels in on this one .

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5840 on: December 28, 2015, 09:40:59 AM »
Told you can leave and played out of position in a Pulis style of team is pretty much being shafted as a forward in my opinion. I am not in anyway condoning his subsequent actions but chicken and egg spring to mind. Good excuse for Pulis though.  ;)

Being told you can leave doesn't mean that you can leave for next to nothing.  Still requires the buying club to make an acceptable offer.  He wasn't being granted a free transfer! 

Being played out of position is a different issue, but Berahino clearly cannot play the lone striker role.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5841 on: December 28, 2015, 12:22:33 PM »
Lambert and Berahino upfront at home for the next couple would be a good idea I think.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5842 on: December 28, 2015, 12:37:51 PM »

Told you can leave probably depending on receiving a certain offer which given the one from Spurs and their pathetic upfront payment was not part of the deal. Also the playing out of position is again wrong as this is a player who has spent most of his career at all levels out wide as well as upfront including under previous Head Coaches at this club.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5843 on: December 28, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »
Told you can leave probably depending on receiving a certain offer which given the one from Spurs and their pathetic upfront payment was not part of the deal. Also the playing out of position is again wrong as this is a player who has spent most of his career at all levels out wide as well as upfront including under previous Head Coaches at this club.
So neither statement wrong ;)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5844 on: December 28, 2015, 01:20:40 PM »
So neither statement wrong ;)

I didn't say they were wrong statements just not as clear cut as you would like it to appear by putting your little slant on it.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5845 on: December 28, 2015, 01:31:45 PM »
again wrong
;)

Under TP told he can leave and played (occasionally ) out of his best position.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5846 on: December 28, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »
;)

Under TP told he can leave and played (occasionally ) out of his best position.

Oh dear forgive me I DID say the word WRONG, maybe I should have just put TWISTED instead  ;)

Yeah, told he can leave but would depend on a decent deal being offered. Spurs didn't do that and I wouldn't expect any club who don't need the money to accept a poor deal like that.

So now he has only played "occasionally" out his best position ? Same as with other coaches both for us and the England U21 then ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 01:36:22 PM by OldburyWBA »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5847 on: December 28, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »
According to reports on Sky, TP said that there's things go on at clubs that the general public don't know about and that Berahino is lucky to be on the bench.
Not sure what the idiot has done now but I would say his days are numbered for sure
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5848 on: December 28, 2015, 04:11:16 PM »
According to reports on Sky, TP said that there's things go on at clubs that the general public don't know about and that Berahino is lucky to be on the bench.
Not sure what the idiot has done now but I would say his days are numbered for sure

Surely we'd be better off getting Nabi on the bench in that case.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5849 on: December 28, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
I heard the players went out up town on the urine a few weeks ago for christmas and Berahino got absolutely lashed and embarrassed his self and started to have a go at other players.

Don't know how true though