Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556601 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5725 on: December 10, 2015, 08:03:45 AM »
Been consistently in the papers this week for liking tweets parodying his situation at the club and also tweets suggesting he's moving in January, soon as we can get rid of this overrated brat and get some decent players in his place the better for West Bromwich Albion

Mark my words, if this attitude and stories are genuine he'll never amount to anything, if the full support and empathy of TP and the chance of being in the Euros squad still isn't enough to even tempt him to make an effort then this kids more trouble than he's worth

Sell for anything above 15m if anyones stupid enough to pay it

I fear if his attitude and sulking affect his opportunities in the future the clueless media will portray us as the bad guys for snatching his big move away and the blame will lie with us in their eyes.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5726 on: December 10, 2015, 10:53:43 AM »
I presume that "not talking to Spurs" does not mean ignoring an electronic communication with a proper offer?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5727 on: December 10, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »
Seems like newspapers inventing a half story ? Would JP or Garlick really say in advance that we are not prepared to talk to Spurs ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5728 on: December 10, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »
I think in hindsight, Pulis has played a blinder with Berahino.

Although I’m not going to criticise Pulis on this matter, I must say I fail to see how anyone has played ‘a blinder’ in regards to the current Berahino situation.  The simple fact is that we have one of our most talented players out of shape, under performing and disinterested, his value has plummeted and there are already worrying indications that he is about kick up another almighty s*** storm come January if/when things don’t go his way.  There's nothing blinding about this tale; just a pathetic waste of talent, time, energy and resource...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:33:35 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5729 on: December 10, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »
Although I’m not going to criticise Pulis on this matter, I must say I fail to see how anyone has played ‘a blinder’ in regards to the current Berahino situation.  The simple fact is that we have one of our most talented players out of shape, under performing and disinterested, his value has plummeted and there are already worrying indications that he is about kick up another almighty s*** storm come January if/when things don’t go his way.  There's nothing blinding about this tale; just a pathetic waste of talent, time, energy and resource...
All down to one person, the player himself .
For me Pulis did brilliant for him by opening the door for him to return to the fold and supporting him in the press 100% , the fact that he's lost interest means Pulis had no choice but to bench him and look elsewhere. At the minute there isn't one player i'd drop for Saido.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5730 on: December 10, 2015, 12:52:57 PM »
I would rather we made a stand against clubs cherry picking players that they want and trying to get them on the cheap or with derisory offers.

I would sooner after Berahino's outburst with him not getting his move that he did become a wasted talent, perhaps it will set a precedent for other players in future that you cant do this as all you will affect is your own career.

Yes we have invested money in his upbringing but it hasnt cost us any transfer fee so for me it wouldnt bother me if he became a nobody in football.

He should have acted professionally and with a level of maturity, he may well have got his move, still been playing and scoring...instead he is benched and playing in the stiffs and wasting his career through petulance.

Stand by the club in this situation all day long

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5731 on: December 10, 2015, 01:09:09 PM »

One person to blame for this...Berahino!!! If he can't be professional and act in a proper manner, then he is wasting his own talent!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5732 on: December 10, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »
One person to blame for this...Berahino!!! If he can't be professional and act in a proper manner, then he is wasting his own talent!

Agree with you 100%. 

Some of the stuff I've heard today about his attitude inside the training ground leads me to believe he will definitely be gone in January, foul attitude.
"This crack is really moreish."

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5733 on: December 10, 2015, 03:27:02 PM »
Berahino seems to be prepared to sacrifice his career to spite JP.  Having an inflated opinion of himself I think he thinks he is capable of picking up his form  immediately he has a change of shirt. This will not happen and if does move in January I cant seem him have a successful time wherever he plonks his inflated backside. In years to come he will surely look on this last 6 months and think what a pratt he has been.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5734 on: December 10, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »
Good finisher , not nearly as good a player as he or others like to make out though imo.
Passing , movement and awareness still lacking at times .
Sad to say but i believe this current side is moving towards better things under  TP and Saido is falling away from it , its not hard to imagine him falling down the league's in years to come either.
I was one of the first on here to say we finally have a kid good enough and was proud to see him come from his loan spells to scoring for us and the Under 21's but this attitude issue has never seemed far away even in the early days.
Personally had enough of these incidents and if you can't play for TP when he supports you after everything then what hope is there?
If the offers right and in plenty of time I'd sell , hopefully not to Spurs though!

joeymayo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5735 on: December 11, 2015, 10:42:57 AM »
For the club its obviously a win win situation. We either get what we want in transfer value both in terms of money and availability to spend it when we want (therefore no staged payments) or we sit and let his contract run down.
JP knows the rules - even if he left at the end of his contract we would be due a fee in respect of his development from youth to present day (Burnley have a similar problem with Danny Ings) and this would probably be decided by a tribunal.
I double whether SB is classed as a significant asset within the clubs structure as he has come through the ranks so in the clubs trading figures it can only work out positively.
I respect the clubs stance here (even though the kid is very talented), petulance just shows you up for what you truly are - a spoilt child, other clubs will look on - they may have to wait to even get hold of him and unless someone hits the magic 25m fee he will probably be staying where he is.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5736 on: December 11, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
Agree with you 100%. 

Some of the stuff I've heard today about his attitude inside the training ground leads me to believe he will definitely be gone in January, foul attitude.

Pulis is the Express and Star today praising his attitude and revealing Berahino asked to play for the under 21's, not exactly a foul attitude.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5737 on: December 11, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »
Pulis is the Express and Star today praising his attitude and revealing Berahino asked to play for the under 21's, not exactly a foul attitude.

What do you expect him to say, the lads a plank?
We don't want to be putting off any potential suitors.
Whichever way you dress it up Berahinos shennanigans on twitter says more about him than turning out for the U21 does.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5738 on: December 11, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »
Whichever way you dress it up Berahinos shennanigans on twitter says more about him than turning out for the U21 does.

He could of chose to say nothing. It also explains why Berahino tweeted that he was allowed to play for the U21 which out of context appeared sarcastic was nothing of the sort as he asked to play.

Why does liking a few tweets say more then what he does on the pitch?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5739 on: December 11, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »
He could of chose to say nothing. It also explains why Berahino tweeted that he was allowed to play for the U21 which out of context appeared sarcastic was nothing of the sort as he asked to play.

Why does liking a few tweets say more then what he does on the pitch?

At the moment he isn't even getting on the pitch
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5740 on: December 11, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »
At the moment he isn't even getting on the pitch

His form had been poor prior to being dropped so I agree he has been deservedly dropped for footballing reasons not what he tweets about.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5741 on: December 11, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »

Kind of agree yes it's like TP on Chester saying there's no issue with what he said but behind closed doors I would be almost certain that he let rip.

Baggie953

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5742 on: December 11, 2015, 03:45:33 PM »
Just read the following from 'Arry'  ;D
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2015/12/11/harry-redknapp-tells-saido-to-shut-up/

Harry Redknapp tells Saido to 'shut up'

Former Premier League manager Harry Redknapp has told West Brom striker Saido Berahino to ‘shut up and start performing.'

The former Spurs boss criticised the 22-year-old’s actions on Twitter.

Redknapp reckons Berahino’s behaviour on social media will put clubs off signing him and has told him to focus on scoring goals rather than spouting off.

The forward hasn’t started the last four games for Albion and has been an unused substitute for the past two.

This week he went on a tonque-in-cheek spree of ‘liking’ tweets by fans telling him to leave the club and joking he was being kept hostage in chairman Jeremy Peace’s basement.

Redknapp said: “What Saido Berahino should do is shut up and start performing. Liking Twitter posts suggesting he will leave West Brom for Tottenham or Chelsea in January makes him look bad".

“He can’t get in West Brom’s team at the moment".

"If he starts scoring goals, people will take notice of him in the best way, rather than every time he opens his mouth spouting off about what he’s going to do next.”

If ‘liking’ those tweets is the striker’s way of telling other clubs he is disillusioned at the Hawthorns, then Redknapp thinks it won’t work.

He said: “The fact Berahino keeps going on Twitter every five minutes will put clubs off him, if anything".

“Managers will look at it and think ‘Do I really need this hassle all the time? What if he doesn’t like me? How will I control him?"

The former Portsmouth boss, whose last job was at Queens Park Rangers, compared Berahino to one of Villa’s young stars.

He said: “It’s the same for Jack Grealish at Aston Villa. Stop getting sidetracked and start dedicating yourself to playing football

Berahino has been dedicated in recent weeks. He came into training every day of the international break – sometimes on his own – and played for the under-21s on Monday night.

But his actions on social media, which have landed him in hot water before, suggest he is growing increasingly frustrated at being left on the sidelines.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5743 on: December 13, 2015, 08:48:08 PM »
Saido who?

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5744 on: December 13, 2015, 09:00:16 PM »
Saido who?

I actually think we'd have more points on the board had he played regularly this season. Rondon couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo. He runs around a lot so he'll be a cult hero here.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5745 on: December 13, 2015, 09:05:20 PM »
I actually think we'd have more points on the board had he played regularly this season. Rondon couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo. He runs around a lot so he'll be a cult hero here.

Rondon doesn't get many chances to convert so has to make the most of them.  I really think he and Berahino would have been a real handful for defences if they had been able to develop a partnership together

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5746 on: December 13, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »
Not while Saido isn't interested , missed a few sitters himself as well.
Rondon needs to improve his finishing but his overall game suits us much better than Saido's.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5747 on: December 13, 2015, 11:28:27 PM »
Reckon he's already been sold and so won't play him for risk of injury?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5748 on: December 13, 2015, 11:38:02 PM »

I very much doubt we would waste a place on him on the bench if we were determined to protect him by keeping him off the pitch altogether

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5749 on: December 13, 2015, 11:41:20 PM »

Seriously though, who would buy him right now?
Mentally he just doesn't look up to it.