Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556512 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5475 on: November 05, 2015, 06:07:24 PM »
Pulis has turned him into a defensive winger. You have to laugh.

He doesn't work hard enough defensively to be that. Has been anonymous for entire games recently. Lazy, overweight and can't be arsed. Thank god he scores deflections, penalties and one yard tap ins after fouling the goalkeeper to inflate his goal record enough for us to sell him.

When he's working hard he's a good player, but for we're carrying him right now.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5476 on: November 05, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
I'd take Townsend and £10m in January. He's no good to us now. Wants out and his performances show that.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5477 on: November 05, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
He doesn't work hard enough defensively to be that. Has been anonymous for entire games recently. Lazy, overweight and can't be arsed. Thank god he scores deflections, penalties and one yard tap ins after fouling the goalkeeper to inflate his goal record enough for us to sell him.

When he's working hard he's a good player, but for we're carrying him right now.

He's been very good defensively this season, tracking back a lot. Best player in the squad in my opinion

fpvmtimbdbo

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5478 on: November 05, 2015, 08:18:03 PM »
He's been very good defensively this season, tracking back a lot. Best player in the squad in my opinion

He's been absolutely abysmal! Terrible against City, woeful against Villa and downright shocking at Selhurst Park. He' s been by far the worst player in the team and I have no idea why TP starts him very week.

The club don't need him or his goals and should sell him in January/Summer. Use the money and buy a quality midfielder.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5479 on: November 05, 2015, 08:26:42 PM »
Saido is getting a rough ride at the minute, the boy is a striker being asked to do a job. He's technically excellent, our best penalty taker and I'd rather a gilt edge chance fell to him than anyone else in the squad, these qualities are why he keeps getting picked despite his obvious shortcomings as a midfielder. Also he's the last person I'd drop for a game against one of the top sides. Loves the spotlight does SB.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5480 on: November 05, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »
He's been absolutely abysmal! Terrible against City, woeful against Villa and downright shocking at Selhurst Park. He' s been by far the worst player in the team and I have no idea why TP starts him very week.

The club don't need him or his goals and should sell him in January/Summer. Use the money and buy a quality midfielder.
everyone was terrible v city,he won us the 3 points at villa and everyone was terrible v palace too,he is our most gifted player by a mile,even v Leicester last week he chased the keeper down on a number of occasions he is living off scraps at the moment and being asked to play defensively too,if you would rather start gardner or lambert then im glad you aint pulis

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5481 on: November 05, 2015, 08:49:21 PM »

it was the most calculated deflection ive ever seen then,and no way did he foul the 6ft 5 keeper who had use of 2 hands

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5482 on: November 05, 2015, 09:44:12 PM »

please can i have what your on

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5483 on: November 05, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »
Everyone can have an opinion and I know some won't agree with me but since the whole transfer fiasco I've watched him closely. I just don't think he's driven or motivated enough for us at the moment. He doesn't track back, or even push forward and pressure keepers and defence with any degree of regularity.

That criminal run against Leicester was a great example when he had McClean wide open to the left, begging for the ball in space,  Rondon ahead of him, and he ran it forward into trouble, got tackled then made no attempt to win it back.

He can finish given half a chance, but he doesn't do enough around the park. Watch him for the next few games and although I WANT him to play a blinder, expect to be underwhelmed. I've not turned on him for his bellendery during the window, I've just never understood those who rate him 'the best player on the pitch' when he's done next to nothing all game. Score some goals son and prove me wrong.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5484 on: November 05, 2015, 11:18:23 PM »

Do you know what Football is? cant tell if your post is serious or sarcasm, but if you are being serious how on earth can you say we dont need his goals? 

what teams in the world dont need a players goals?!  :o

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5485 on: November 06, 2015, 06:20:53 AM »
his goals are needed but overall his performances have been pretty poor.
Looks like he's had one kebab too many to me as well.
He wants out so we should maximise any offer we can for him, whether that be straight cash or cash plus player.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5486 on: November 06, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »
definately get rid of him in Jan. He's done well but I'm not sure his value will get much more than it is now as he has limitations to his attitude and game overall which I think will prevent him ever being top class (champions legaue/ England regular) - maybe I'll be proven wrong but his all round game, especially his awareness is sometimes lacking and he's a bit 'head down' ( in the way kids are when they play football).

Get around £25m one way or another and we'd be laughing 

Maybe he'll start trying again in December............closer to the window?

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5487 on: November 06, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »
When SB made his infamous 'never play again for JP again' comment, I believe he meant the word 'play' to infer as in a committed performance like in previous seasons. He has certainly carried out this threat by being anonymous in matches to the extend I have forgotten he is on the pitch at times. My worry is that JP sees keeping SB as a guarentee that will keep us in the Premier, a view I dont share. I think Pulis wants rid but if offers come in and JP insists on £25m I can see a repeat of the August debacle. I think SB sees a move as vital if he is to force his way into Roy's Euro plans.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5488 on: November 06, 2015, 10:35:29 AM »
When SB made his infamous 'never play again for JP again' comment, I believe he meant the word 'play' to infer as in a committed performance like in previous seasons. He has certainly carried out this threat by being anonymous in matches to the extend I have forgotten he is on the pitch at times. My worry is that JP sees keeping SB as a guarentee that will keep us in the Premier, a view I dont share. I think Pulis wants rid but if offers come in and JP insists on £25m I can see a repeat of the August debacle. I think SB sees a move as vital if he is to force his way into Roy's Euro plans.

I think he needs to get back to scoring a few goals if he is to force his way into Roy's Euro plans. Today would be nice, Saido.  ;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5489 on: November 06, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »
He is a good player but if he wants his move I really can't see anybody spending what Peace wants on a player who's been mostly average this year and an attitude that stinks, if I was scout or manager of any club thinking about him I would recommend looking elsewhere. I heard Newcastle were thinking about him but would they match his own inflated ambitions?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5490 on: November 06, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »
Think he's suffering from our setup with Yacob and Fletcher in CM. We are low on creativity and aren't going to carve out many one on one opportunities for him. His main strengths are finishing off one on ones and shooting ability from in and around the box. We are not seeing much of either of those.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5491 on: November 06, 2015, 01:06:45 PM »
http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/football_legends_ian_wright.html

Ian Wright scored 64 goals in three seasons under George Graham's Arsenal who were super defensive (lowest scorers in the league in at least one of those seasons). Point being, if Saido was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd score in a defensive set up.

Either
1) he's not as good as he thinks he is (and one or two others) or
2) he's not applying himself enough

Which ever of the two, if someone offers big money, we should get rid and but a couple players who will give their all...............and have some quality in the final third

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5492 on: November 06, 2015, 01:45:52 PM »
Or.......

3) George Graham's defensive Arsenal team which went on to win the top flight title, was better than the current Tony Pulis defensive team, and thus better able to support Mr Wright appropriately as and when opportunity allowed

4) Ian Wright was rarely if ever played out of position or asked to 'do a job'

5) Title winning Geroge Graham was a better tactician than Tony Pulis

6) Depending upon perspective all/some of the above and perhaps many more.....

We could be here all day  :).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5493 on: November 06, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »
http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/football_legends_ian_wright.html

Ian Wright scored 64 goals in three seasons under George Graham's Arsenal who were super defensive (lowest scorers in the league in at least one of those seasons). Point being, if Saido was half as good as he thinks he is, he'd score in a defensive set up.

Either
1) he's not as good as he thinks he is (and one or two others) or
2) he's not applying himself enough

Which ever of the two, if someone offers big money, we should get rid and but a couple players who will give their all...............and have some quality in the final third

whilst accepting Saido is a long way from the quality - and maturity - of the Ian Wright playing for Arsenal in that period i think you are comparing apples with oranges. ( a polite way of saying thats cobblers!)!
That Arsenal side is light years away from our current side and Wright was played right up top as an out and out goalscorer, doubting his ability in the final third flies in the face of all the evidence i have seen. Saido has not started a single game as the focal point of our attack. I for one think that he is a natural goalscorer and thats his best position. Whether thats the best place for him in our TEAM right now is another debate.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5494 on: November 06, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »
off topic, apologies,

i've always been amazed that given George grahams record, no took a punt on him (despite the money issues).

Is there some sort of football ostracizing thing at play?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5495 on: November 06, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »
off topic, apologies,

i've always been amazed that given George grahams record, no took a punt on him (despite the money issues).

Is there some sort of football ostracizing thing at play?
Leeds and Spurs did and he didn't really pull up any trees at either.
"This crack is really moreish."

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5496 on: November 06, 2015, 05:10:16 PM »
He has been poor more often than he's shone this season and quite simply doesn't deserve the England call up. We'll regret not trying to negotiate with Spurs and on his current performances and with just 18 months left on his contract come January £25m simply will not happen.

The bidding clubs will be at a distinct advantage and Spurs deadline day will not be bettered in my opinion. That is unless he turns into a goal machine again.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5497 on: November 06, 2015, 05:58:48 PM »
Time for a rest for young saido needs to get his fitness levels up, give the lamb a chance looked good against Leicester. FEED THE LAMB AND HE WILL SCORE

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5498 on: November 06, 2015, 06:27:28 PM »
Leeds and Spurs did and he didn't really pull up any trees at either.
once again failing memory gets me, thanks for that Senor
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5499 on: November 06, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »
Just a quick question, would you rather a striker who runs around all day and works his socks off but never looks like scoring, equalling 0 points OR someone who may not work as hard but have the naxk to be in the right place at the right time to score important goals equalling for example 9 points? I know which I prefer
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!