Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556489 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5250 on: September 10, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »
Still no apology from the scrote either. Shouldn't be near the 1st team without one.
Pulis seemed to be at pains to point out that Saido's issue was with JP not with the club, players or supporters.
Personally think we should back Pulis' handling on this - if he chooses to pick Saido Saturday or he's on the bench, just get behind the team. Don't think it should go to the Odemwingie category ...no shouts of 'Berahino is a w****r'
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5251 on: September 10, 2015, 05:23:16 PM »
Saidi does have an agent - Jonathan Barnett's outfit who also acted for Bale and Modric when they left Spurs.  That agency has a good relationship with Spurs.  He is also liable to pay Aidy Ward, his former agent, a cut of anything which would have come up before
November when the notice period expires under that contract.   I suspect that will include a cut of Saido's imminent new contract.

It is a misconception that Saido didn't have an active agent while all this was going on. He was being advised all the way.

Then why did Garlick say he didn't have representation or did I mishear what he said on the Q&A video?
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5252 on: September 10, 2015, 05:28:20 PM »
Getting boring this fiasco now role on Saturday game of footy being played out.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5253 on: September 10, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
Hope Saido has it in him to play some football Saturday, might need taking out the limelight and slowly reintroduced to the team. Pulis will have to be careful with him.
the regime don't like it man

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #5254 on: September 10, 2015, 05:54:36 PM »
He will be booed on Saturday imo...will be interesting to see if he reacts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5255 on: September 10, 2015, 06:49:20 PM »
He will be booed on Saturday imo...will be interesting to see if he reacts

I bet his mom's in the dug out just in case
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Cleobury_WBA

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5256 on: September 10, 2015, 09:41:01 PM »
You just know he is going to come off the bench on Saturday and score the winner!

When he has scored a couple of goals (hopefully also against Villa next week!) I'd be surprised if there was any booing. At the end of the day, we need him scoring.

I think he'll be gone in January, if he can score 4 or 5 before then then I'll take it.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5257 on: September 11, 2015, 07:41:39 AM »
Then why did Garlick say he didn't have representation or did I mishear what he said on the Q&A video?

Garlick said he represented himself in his discussions with us.  It doesn't mean that he didn't have an agent advising him or representing him in any discussions with Spurs (which legally shouldn't have been happening anyway unti, the two clubs had agreed a fee).

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5258 on: September 11, 2015, 08:50:41 AM »
Garlick said he represented himself in his discussions with us.  It doesn't mean that he didn't have an agent advising him or representing him in any discussions with Spurs (which legally shouldn't have been happening anyway unti, the two clubs had agreed a fee).

The "tapping up rule" is a joke and more frequently observed in the breach which is why nobody ever complains directly to the FA about (whining in the media doesn't count) If he has representation for the purpose of the deal it would have made sense for the agent to handle both sets of discussions but whatever the kid's an idiot and there is a point that there is no level of help can rescue him from his own stupidity.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5259 on: September 11, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34218827

"West Brom manager Tony Pulis says striker Saido Berahino is available and in contention for selection for Saturday's match with Southampton."

He may be the only fit striker!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5260 on: September 11, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34218827

"West Brom manager Tony Pulis says striker Saido Berahino is available and in contention for selection for Saturday's match with Southampton."

He may be the only fit striker!
And lambert

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5261 on: September 11, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »
And lambert

Supposedly (and unbelievably) Lambert still isn't fully fit as he was so unfit at Liverpool

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5262 on: September 11, 2015, 01:18:22 PM »
Supposedly (and unbelievably) Lambert still isn't fully fit as he was so unfit at Liverpool

I blame Lambert unprofessionalism for allow himself to fall so far behind in his fitness >:( 

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5263 on: September 11, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »
I was furious with him, but, I have calmed down a bit now, I will not boo him provided he gives 100% on the pitch, if he does that, it's hard not to show him some support.
Baggie in Southampton

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5264 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »
I was furious with him, but, I have calmed down a bit now, I will not boo him provided he gives 100% on the pitch, if he does that, it's hard not to show him some support.
I will find it very easy not to show him any support. I stick by what i have said before he shouldnt be anywhere near the squad.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5265 on: September 11, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »

I blame Lambert unprofessionalism for allow himself to fall so far behind in his fitness >:(

There's a big difference between being 'fit' and being 'match fit'. It's not his fault he didn't get much game time at Liverpool. The thing that angers me is the fact we've bought in yet another player who is not ready to hit the ground running.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5266 on: September 11, 2015, 02:11:58 PM »
As a team or a club I don't see what we gain by giving Saido abuse and as such I won't boo him. If he is in the team I support the team if the club is bigger than anyone player then our support of the the team shouldn't  be diminished by the inclusion of any given player.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5267 on: September 11, 2015, 02:17:20 PM »
As a team or a club I don't see what we gain by giving Saido abuse and as such I won't boo him. If he is in the team I support the team if the club is bigger than anyone player then our support of the the team shouldn't  be diminished by the inclusion of any given player.

Agreed, I don't like what he has done one bit BUT booing him can only have detrimental effects. When Odemwingie came on as a sub and got boo'd, he ended up just shooting wildly out of frustration from 30 yards.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5268 on: September 11, 2015, 02:23:30 PM »
It will be interesting to see the reaction if he comes off the bench and scores.... both his reaction and the crowd......
MAGA!

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5269 on: September 11, 2015, 02:51:57 PM »
It will be interesting to see the reaction if he comes off the bench and scores.... both his reaction and the crowd......

I'm not going to be there, but if I were, and he scored...well I wouldn't celebrate out of respect to his desire to be playing for someone else.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5270 on: September 11, 2015, 03:19:56 PM »

I don't think it was related to  Saido but Garlick also said on that video that players are almost getting agents to compete against each other to get the best deal for them without actually being signed up to them. He also said that with the timing of the transfer request coinciding with the first bid from Spurs for people can read into that what they like so to speak.

I personally think its clear he had someone in his ear but he may not be officially signed up with anyone just yet.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5271 on: September 11, 2015, 03:38:34 PM »
If they have someone acting for them but not in an official capacity does that mean they unofficial person can legally hold talks with Spurs?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5272 on: September 11, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
The world of football is very murky. They won't have done anything official but nothing stopping them discussing potential figures with someone.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5273 on: September 11, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
Am I the only one who hasn't taken this personally? As far as I'm concerned as soon as he plays again this saga is over and he's back to being the best Albion player I've seen in my lifetime (24 years old)

I've said much worse things on social media about my work, as I imagine a few on here have

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5274 on: September 11, 2015, 04:55:56 PM »
Am I the only one who hasn't taken this personally? As far as I'm concerned as soon as he plays again this saga is over and he's back to being the best Albion player I've seen in my lifetime (24 years old)

I've said much worse things on social media about my work, as I imagine a few on here have
With all due respect, I don't think the media give a toss about what we say about work.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.