Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556608 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5050 on: September 05, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »
Why the sarcasm about Berahino's Mum?

When Berahino had the meeting with JP, it's likely that JP would have invited him to bring a witness to the proceedings, as he doesn't have an agent looking after his interests at the moment, wouldn't his Mum be the obvious choice?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5051 on: September 05, 2015, 11:30:28 AM »
What are the odds of him signing a new and improved contract in a few weeks /months time?

Its what I expect, 3-4 year deal with a release clause of £25-30 million.

Its fairly obvious now that Berahino had his heart set on a move to Spurs since he got the new agent, he will go in the next 12 months, we just now need to get best value out of the little runt in terms of goals and money.
Baggie in Southampton

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5052 on: September 05, 2015, 11:33:11 AM »
Why the sarcasm about Berahino's Mum?

When Berahino had the meeting with JP, it's likely that JP would have invited him to bring a witness to the proceedings, as he doesn't have an agent looking after his interests at the moment, wouldn't his Mum be the obvious choice?

He does have an agent, he got rid of Aidy Ward and now has the Stellar Group looking after him. I don't know why so many assume he hasn't had any representation all summer.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5053 on: September 05, 2015, 11:38:25 AM »

Its fairly obvious now that Berahino had his heart set on a move to Spurs since he got the new agent, he will go in the next 12 months, we just now need to get best value out of the little runt in terms of goals and money.

Agree with that. All parties need this for the happy ending.

His mum will be happy too ;D
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5054 on: September 05, 2015, 11:38:59 AM »

To be honest, it's essential, we're far too vulnerable at the moment, if his alleged wages of £14k per week are correct.
If we can put him on a contract worth about £40-50k per week, it would almost eliminate an offer for more money.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5055 on: September 05, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »

I don't think he will sign a new deal now. If no clubs were willing to pay £25m in the summer window I can't see them offering that much in January.

If somebody offers £18-20m with the majority coming up front I can see the club accepting.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5056 on: September 05, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »
I don't think he will sign a new deal now. If no clubs were willing to pay £25m in the summer window I can't see them offering that much in January.

If somebody offers £18-20m with the majority coming up front I can see the club accepting.
Depends on what his "performance" on the pitch is like from now on?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5057 on: September 05, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »
Can't see him signing a new deal and I ain't fussed, Get him out of the club.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5058 on: September 05, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »

Take all that on board, but if WBA freeze him out, we're not going to sell him. It's my bet that WBA will do everything they can to protect the integrity of the Chairman.
I can't see us getting £25million for him now anyway, but we have to get a deal that's seen as a win for the Chairman
Good players will be sold even when not playing or on form.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5059 on: September 05, 2015, 02:22:29 PM »
I was being flippant, but........

FC's put players on contracts not only to give the player some security, but also to give the player a value. Berahino's current contract is allegedly £14,000 per week until July 1st 2017. As someone else has said, the players are considered assets of the FC, & it appears that WBAFC capitalize the players wages, and then write down the value over the period of the contract, For example if we give a player a contract worth £40k per week over a 4 year period, the player is worth £8million the first year, £6million the second year and so on.
Based on Berahino's current contract, his value is about £1.4million, however, we were allegedly about to offer him an improved contract, which would probably been equivalant to the Spurs offer, which I understood was around £50k per week & I guess they would have offered him a 4 year deal. So that would have put his value at around £10million. Obviously, these figures only represent the values a buying club would have to pay to buy out the contract, the selling club would add additional values to the transfer fee, depending on "market forces".
Sorry it's a bit long winded, but I just wanted to demonstrate that your argument of a player seeing out his contract just doesn't hold water, if it suits the club to sell it will. It just didn't suit WBAFC to sell at this time, wether, it was the correct decision remains to be seen.

As far as Berahino is concerned, he's not going to be bothered about how much his transfer fee is, but if he can see an increase in wages from £14k per week to £50k per week he's going to want a piece of the action, & I can see why he went into a strop. Personally, I think he went about it totally the wrong way, & caused himself and the FC more problems that it solved.
I don't think wbafc capitalise player's wages. I believe the club only capitalise the transfer fees of the players they buy e.g. if a player is bought for £8m on a 4 year contract the £8m is written off in the Profit & Loss Account at £2m per year. If a player is signed on a free transfer nothing is capitalised

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5060 on: September 05, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »
He's back on Monday..i wonder if his mom will be in the office with him when Pulis tears him a new one!

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5061 on: September 05, 2015, 06:25:36 PM »
He's back on Monday..i wonder if his mom will be in the office with him when Pulis tears him a new one!
Does not need that.Needs pointing out in a calm way he needs to get his head sorted and performances on pitch on an upward plane as he is going nowhere for 2 years.
His choices are.
1.He does it on £14k a week performs or gets stuck in the reserves.
2.He signs a new contract on £40k a week with a release clause.
Only problem with the latter is if he signs and plays like an ass.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5062 on: September 05, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »
Does not need that.Needs pointing out in a calm way he needs to get his head sorted and performances on pitch on an upward plane as he is going nowhere for 2 years.
His choices are.

He wont get the move,obviously.
No-one wants to hire a slacker.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:52:50 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5063 on: September 05, 2015, 07:39:57 PM »
His choices are.

The stupid tweet and recent unbalanced behaviour doesn't exactly strengthen Saido's bargaining position does it. Who would trust him now?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5064 on: September 05, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
His choices are.

That's his Catch 22
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:53:19 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5065 on: September 05, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »
Then 1. is best let him rot.In 2 years he will be worth feck all but then he was when he came.
Awful man terrible attitude not worth a light.

At the hospital I work at I asked a fellow worker about a "volunteer".They wear red shirts,he is there all day meal times serving patients.
I asked who is this Gentleman.
Told the hospital put him right and wanted to give something back.
Not paid goes in and does it 5 days a week.
Just saying.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5066 on: September 05, 2015, 08:49:59 PM »
I don't think wbafc capitalise player's wages. I believe the club only capitalise the transfer fees of the players they buy e.g. if a player is bought for £8m on a 4 year contract the £8m is written off in the Profit & Loss Account at £2m per year. If a player is signed on a free transfer nothing is capitalised

The transfer fee, as you rightly say is amortised over the duration of the contract. As far as I know, wages have to be identified separately, by player, under the FC's obligations to meet the FFP conditions, & are not listed under "expenses" as they would be in "normal" businesses.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5067 on: September 05, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »
His choices are.

I would hate it if we were to reward him with a new deal given his petulant behaviour.

What sort of message does that send out?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5068 on: September 05, 2015, 09:22:42 PM »
Then 1. is best let him rot.In 2 years he will be worth feck all but then he was when he came.
Awful man terrible attitude not worth a light.

At the hospital I work at I asked a fellow worker about a "volunteer".They wear red shirts,he is there all day meal times serving patients.
I asked who is this Gentleman.
Told the hospital put him right and wanted to give something back.
Not paid goes in and does it 5 days a week.
Just saying.

Having been engaged in volunteer work myself over the past ten years or more I have come to the following conclusion. Who is it that benefits from such virtuous behaviour? The answer is the agency that doesn't employ them! Also, many of the people working in this environment of slave labour are not of white Anglo Saxon decent.

The way to show gratitude to people who actually give a damn is to give a damn yourself.
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5069 on: September 05, 2015, 09:24:53 PM »
I would hate it if we were to reward him with a new deal given his petulant behaviour.

What sort of message does that send out?
I agree Liam.
I would do option 1 and see how how he does? At the end of I want best for WBA as you.
Another Luke Moore ?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5070 on: September 05, 2015, 09:32:28 PM »
I agree Liam.
I would do option 1 and see how how he does? At the end of I want best for WBA as you.
Another Luke Moore ?

In fairness I think he has the hard work and ability that Luke Moore didn't have.

No doubting that Berahino works hard to improve his game

he's just a complete and utter ****
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5071 on: September 05, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »
Having been engaged in volunteer work myself over the past ten years or more I have come to the following conclusion. Who is it that benefits from such virtuous behaviour? The answer is the agency that doesn't employ them! Also, many of the people working in this environment of slave labour are not of white Anglo Saxon decent.

The way to show gratitude to people who actually give a damn is to give a damn yourself.
Ten years St John

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5072 on: September 05, 2015, 09:36:30 PM »
In fairness I think he has the hard work and ability that Luke Moore didn't have.

No doubting that Berahino works hard to improve his game

he's just a complete and utter ****
To himself as us! He needs to work as others before him have done.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5073 on: September 05, 2015, 09:45:01 PM »
Ten years St John
I knew there was a reason I had time for you  ;) I take it that you get my point then.
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5074 on: September 05, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »
I knew there was a reason I had time for you  ;) I take it that you get my point then.
Yes.There should not have been a need for me.
An the upside it added to my CV