Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556610 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #3425 on: August 17, 2015, 04:27:27 PM »
Man U fans saying they had Saido scouted on Sat. Would take 25 mill off them and have Wilson on season loan

I'd take Wilson on loan regardless of whether United buy Saido.

I can see a United deal involving Evans in part exchange, with Wilson on loan.  With the right amount of cash on top that's a far better deal than Fazio and Lennon in my view

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3426 on: August 17, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
I'd take Wilson on loan regardless of whether United buy Saido.

I can see a United deal involving Evans in part exchange, with Wilson on loan.  With the right amount of cash on top that's a far better deal than Fazio and Lennon in my view

I agree its a better deal, but I wouldn't take it.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3427 on: August 17, 2015, 07:19:35 PM »

what radio?

Must have been Radio GaGa
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3428 on: August 17, 2015, 07:54:10 PM »
Saido is quality.
Some will not realise what we have until he has gone.
The same supporters will then moan that we should never have let him go when he comes back with another club.
 :(.

I fear you may be right   >:(
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3429 on: August 17, 2015, 09:56:33 PM »
Got my fingers and toes crossed that TP has managed to get some sense in the lad to have another season with us!

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3430 on: August 17, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »
How bout this for a scenario. Swap saido for dembele and Townsend. Sign Phillips and go with this in midfield and up top

Gnabry.                                      fletcher.                 Dembele.                       Townsend

Phillips

Rondon

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3431 on: August 17, 2015, 10:35:01 PM »
Transfers where players are included very rarely happen, can't remember the last time it did to be honest. I think it should be a straight cash deal if he goes.

I'm seeing articles now stating Chelsea are set to bid £30m for John Stones but Everton want £40m yet some of our fans would be happy to take £20m for Saido, we are going to massively sell ourselves short if we let him go for that kind of money. Its just a shame he didn't have an extra year on his current contract.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:36:43 PM by B_H_Baggie »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3432 on: August 17, 2015, 10:48:30 PM »
How bout this for a scenario. Swap saido for dembele and Townsend. Sign Phillips and go with this in midfield and up top

Gnabry.                                      fletcher.                 Dembele.                       Townsend

Phillips

Rondon

That would be joyous....never going to happen!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3433 on: August 18, 2015, 12:19:30 AM »
That would be joyous....never going to happen!

Joyous and relegated. No bite.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3434 on: August 18, 2015, 06:03:06 AM »

Jacko, I have to say, you talk more sense than anyone on this forum. The most measured and accurate comments
across all topics. Except Mr Brunt of course !
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3435 on: August 18, 2015, 06:26:54 AM »

Phillips

Rondon

Townsend strongly linked to joining up with dim Tim down the road

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3436 on: August 18, 2015, 06:40:14 AM »
United looking for sell on value and won't get that with Pedro. But Bera would be a sensible buy for them.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3437 on: August 18, 2015, 07:43:48 AM »

Good point, it's a bit nice. Maybe swap Fletch for Yacob and it's getting there.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3438 on: August 18, 2015, 10:17:57 AM »
It feels like we're being trolled by the B'ham mail again.  I'd file this one in the same bin as the 'Why Albion Must Buy Joey Barton' article last week:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/west-brom-comment-baggies-must-9876461
West Brom comment: Why the Baggies MUST sell Saido Berahino

West Brom simply have to sell Saido Berahino .

The club’s marquee player should depart as soon as possible with a pat on the back from the club and a head full of dreams.

And let’s not forget the small matter of £25m, because when it all comes down to it, sadly that is what football is all about.

The Baggies have invested a considerable amount of time and money into Berahino since he joined them as a youngster.

The club have taught him his trade and watched him flourish into an England under-21 international coveted by some of the country’s best clubs.

Tony Pulis has spoken of his desire to keep the striker who still has plenty of time left on his current deal.

Whilst they don’t actually need to sell him, realistically they have to.

The nearer he does get to his contract ending, the further the risk of him leaving for nothing, or a lot less than he is worth.

This is the best time to sell Saido and deep down everyone at the club knows it.

It may leave a bitter taste in the mouth should he depart, but I think on reflection fans will realise that it was a solid and inevitable piece of business.

The reality of football now is that players don’t stay at the clubs they love. There are exceptions, but they are always a rarity.

A club of West Brom’s size and capabilities are some way off being able to offer Berahino the European football he will very soon believe he should be playing.

He wants a chance to mix it with the best and prove his worth, ultimately, he won’t do that at The Hawthorns.

What the fans don't need is the same speculation year in year out, arguably with smaller transfer fees associated with them.

He owes a huge debt of gratitude to the club, I am sure he know that and will always hold a place in his heart for the fans and staff.

The youngster has done a lot of commendable charity work off the pitch that which doesn’t always get the attention it deserves.

The headlines have always been dominated by the more controversial elements of his behaviour

Tony Pulis has stated that he has been as good as gold since he arrived as manager and one hopes for his sake that the past is well and truly behind him.

That is where Albion will be soon too, behind him. All good things must come to an end, and from a business point of view this will end very well for Albion.

It is the youth team progression that many clubs dream of, from youngster to first-team, from first-team to England international.

And then, the big money move.

Albion fans should not feel cheated, they should wish the youngster well and celebrate a tremendous return on their investment.

If Albion were a team higher up in the league, their young starlet would not be heading for the exit door, the reality is though that they aren’t, and he is.

Tony Pulis needs to be canny once again in the next couple of weeks to make sure adequate business is done to help Albion progress as a Premier League team.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3439 on: August 18, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »
Looks like The Birmingham Mail are his agents

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3440 on: August 18, 2015, 11:02:36 AM »
The Mail story also seems to misunderstand that there is a 3rd option regarding his contract. It's not just sell him now or lose out on millions. He could sign a new one with a release clause. That way it's win win for the club and Berahino. Personally i think that's what will happen.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3441 on: August 18, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »
If Saido leaves, not sure who will score :(
Think it's a big loss!

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3442 on: August 18, 2015, 04:04:44 PM »
WEST Bromwich Albion have today rejected an offer for Saido Berahino from Tottenham Hotspur.

Chairman Jeremy Peace commented: “We have no interest in selling Saido which is what I have told Daniel Levy.

“I know we are living in an age where no club can say ‘never’ about the possibility of selling a player.

“However, the prospect of selling Saido is simply not on our agenda.

“We are going forward with Saido very much in our plans and still striving to add players to improve the balance of our squad.”

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-albion-saido-berahino-tottenham-hotspur-2629078.aspx#7cauWcMrt9VleYkF.99
The PRIDE of midlands

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3443 on: August 18, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
Talksport just annouced we have rejected a bid from the Spuds and have no interest in selling? ...Get that price up JP!
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Albionsteve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3444 on: August 18, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
Bid from Spuds rejected on OS

www.wba.co.uk/news/article/wba-albion-saido-berahino-tottenham-hotspur-2629078.aspx

Opening salvo in price war I suspect. Also lets other prospective bidders know they'll have to pay.

Quite clever to do it this way.
There's no I in Team, but there is a ME if you look hard enough!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3445 on: August 18, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »
here we go, I would expect man city & man utd to jump in now :-(
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3446 on: August 18, 2015, 04:13:09 PM »
Not like we weren't expecting a bid. Will be interesting to see how it pans out and how Saido himself reacts to it.

Albionsteve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3447 on: August 18, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »
Good. If he's going to leave let's maximise the return we get for him. 

If Sterling's £49M and Stones more than £30m then getting more of the big teams outbidding each other ensures we can afford the rebuilding that we so drastically need. (Albeit some of it done already).

Saido would most likely have been gone next year anyway so providing we use the money wisely I have no problem with him going now for a hefty sum.  Lambert and Rondon should be able to score enough between them to keep us up, but who's to say we won't buy someone else to score as well.
There's no I in Team, but there is a ME if you look hard enough!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3448 on: August 18, 2015, 04:18:11 PM »
Let him go for minimum of £25m. Remember Saido's off field antics? It's only a matter of time before he does something else.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3449 on: August 18, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »
We can't sell yet. Not until the 1st of Sept.  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club