Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556650 times)

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2550 on: March 20, 2015, 01:55:52 PM »
Suspect Berahino will withdraw from the u21s, injured.  Just a guess.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2551 on: March 22, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »

You guessed right. The Club has withdrawn him because of his foot injury.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2552 on: March 22, 2015, 12:36:11 PM »

Any guesses as to the next euromillions?  :P

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2553 on: March 22, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »
Good decision to pull him out given he has had an injury since Sunderland and played through it with the help of injections, for all the abuse he gets at times at least he shows he wants to play games. Big Vic should take note.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2554 on: March 23, 2015, 12:55:26 PM »
Any guesses as to the next euromillions?  :P

I got the 0-3 score on saturday too.  On a roll...

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2555 on: March 23, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
I think Saido has played wide for the under 21s on occasions and I doubt even he would be too pushy about playing centrally for the full team at this stage.
Think its more that Hodgson wants to be loyal to the people who have produced the goods and Welbeck has played pretty well for him in fairness.

Welbeck doesn't score enough goals, but he is a tidy footballer in fairness and finishing aside is a better fit than Saido at this point in time for a wide role.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2556 on: March 23, 2015, 01:16:56 PM »
Welbeck doesn't score enough goals, but he is a tidy footballer in fairness and finishing aside is a better fit than Saido at this point in time for a wide role.

Saido is a Predator in & around the box & with the ability to make himself  enough space to get off a shot. He needs to be playing with another player to get the best out of him.  4-3-3,  4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 he has played in a 4-5-1 but you dont get the best out of him playing that role.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2557 on: April 16, 2015, 07:45:38 PM »
Not even on the young player short list then. Does he deserve to be?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2558 on: April 16, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »
Yes! pretty much single handedly kept us up, yet he gets the most stick lol. We're in trouble when he goes to a higher club unless we buy well

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2559 on: April 16, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
Yes! pretty much single handedly kept us up, yet he gets the most stick lol. We're in trouble when he goes to a higher club unless we buy well

Not quite their yet.

And this snub will either make him work harder, or, and I suspect this will be the case, make him sulk

He/him

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2560 on: April 16, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
Not even on the young player short list then. Does he deserve to be?

I'd wouldn't have said so. Apart from his goals, he contributes very little to the team, as witnessed by his lack of assists (and the fact he didn't put Gardner through last Saturday).

I don't think he'll be as good as he should be, and we can probably point to his attitude as the reason why.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2561 on: April 16, 2015, 10:15:05 PM »
In my opinion we should sell him for decent money now if it's still on offer
Seen loads of players like this who we feel we must keep at all costs only for them to disappear after a couple of years
Talk of 25 million at Xmas was a joke
I would happily take 10 million now because in a few years time we will be lucky to get 2 million
Just my opinion

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2562 on: April 17, 2015, 06:04:56 AM »
Great finisher, still very young, does not have many who he can look up to in this squad and is probably disliked by quite a few. We need to keep him, we have plenty of dross to get rid of. Put some quality around him and he will get us loads of goals.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2563 on: April 17, 2015, 06:36:38 AM »
Still learning and seems to lack the fundamental basics to play as a team player.
All strikers have to be a little selfish but IMO this guy is all self self self.
If you try and compare him with Harry Kane, there is no comparison, Kane is light years ahead of him.
I'n not sure if Berahino has the atributes to kick on and be a top level striker in this division, would like to see him stay and develop with us, but I suspect both he and his advisers have other ideas.
If that's the case we should sell him for top dollar and spend the cash wisely on recruiting a replacement(s)
Personally I wouldn't be sorry to see any of our current strike force replaced.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2564 on: April 17, 2015, 08:15:54 AM »
Maybe because he doesnt get decent service is why hes not fulfilling his early season potential
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2565 on: April 17, 2015, 08:27:49 AM »
Maybe because he doesnt get decent service is why hes not fulfilling his early season potential

Exactly. Spot on. He'd score for fun in a decent side. This is by far the worst albion team I've seen for a long time.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2566 on: April 17, 2015, 08:32:46 AM »
Surround him by good players with good service, and in my opinion he would score 15-20 a season.

He is a natural finisher, in the same mould as Defoe.

Watch him move on and score goals in the premier league, I honestly believe if he does leave, and we dont replace him, we will struggle big time next year.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2567 on: April 17, 2015, 08:54:32 AM »
I'm sick of all the stick his lad gets, he is "on of our own" and our only goal scorer and deserves a lot more support and praise, without him we would already be relegated. We moan at his attitude but how would you feel if every little mistake you make on the pitch you get 25,000 people giving you dogs? more than your team-mates? would you feel picked on? he isn't Messi or Ronaldo so why are we expecting so much every time? he touches the ball

For me Saido's attitude has not been a problem at all under Pulis so far. I personally feel he is working harder on the pitch and if you watch him during games he has taken on much more of a 'leader role' by communicating a lot more with the rest of he team and helping try to get TP's messages across (yes those messages may be nonsense but that isn't Saido's fault) and I think you can see TP has entrusted him with this role as when there is breaks in play you an see Saido going over and having conversations with the gaffer so for all you Pulis lovers he obviously trusts him.   

Yes his performances have dipped a little of lately but for me that is partly to do with the complete lack of service and also people are forgetting that this is his first full season as a footballer (as a starter) so there my be possible fatigue creeping in, even Harry Kane has gone off the boil recently.

Oh and for the record I wouldn't have passed to Gardner either!
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2568 on: April 17, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »
I'm sick of all the stick his lad gets, he is "on of our own" and our only goal scorer and deserves a lot more support and praise, without him we would already be relegated. We moan at his attitude but how would you feel if every little mistake you make on the pitch you get 25,000 people giving you dogs? more than your team-mates? would you feel picked on? he isn't Messi or Ronaldo so why are we expecting so much every time? he touches the ball

For me Saido's attitude has not been a problem at all under Pulis so far. I personally feel he is working harder on the pitch and if you watch him during games he has taken on much more of a 'leader role' by communicating a lot more with the rest of he team and helping try to get TP's messages across (yes those messages may be nonsense but that isn't Saido's fault) and I think you can see TP has entrusted him with this role as when there is breaks in play you an see Saido going over and having conversations with the gaffer so for all you Pulis lovers he obviously trusts him.   

Yes his performances have dipped a little of lately but for me that is partly to do with the complete lack of service and also people are forgetting that this is his first full season as a footballer (as a starter) so there my be possible fatigue creeping in, even Harry Kane has gone off the boil recently.

Top post mate.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2569 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:58 AM »
Over-rated in my eyes. Get rid in summer if a decent bid comes in....although i cant see a top 4 club wanting him, he is nowhere near that standard.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2570 on: April 17, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »

Very much agree with the sentiment of this post, except I would have passed to Gardner.

May explain why I never made it anywhere in the game though.....
 :).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2571 on: April 17, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »
This is by far the worst albion team I've seen for a long time.

You lucky sod.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2572 on: April 17, 2015, 11:39:36 AM »
You lucky sod.

;D

There have obviously been worse, but with the finances and infrastructure available it should not be how it is at the moment.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2573 on: April 17, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
If he had of passed the ball to Gardner, he would have only put it into row Z........

So he passed it to the goalie instead  :(

I don't blame him personally, the lad has got an excellent shot. It was just another contributing example of how pathetic we were last week......
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2574 on: April 17, 2015, 01:14:57 PM »
He is a natural goalscorer but is that enough? What does he really offer now the goals have dried up? He doesn't close down very often and his decision making can be poor, another one who runs into crowds of players..a bit like Sess in that respect.

Berahino needs to work harder for me when we don't have the ball.

I'd prefer him to stay but we need to play to his (and Ideye's) strengths which we're not doing at the minute.