Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556535 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2500 on: February 14, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »
Very good finish again today, but something amiss in general play?
I believe his passing , vision and foot work are the areas he needs to work on before talk of big moves happen . No doubting his finishing ability.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2501 on: February 14, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
I believe his passing , vision and foot work are the areas he needs to work on before talk of big moves happen . No doubting his finishing ability.

His awareness is a problem for me, on his heels several times resulting in moves breaking down.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2502 on: February 14, 2015, 05:06:16 PM »
His awareness is a problem for me, on his heels several times resulting in moves breaking down.
Agreed , the longer he abides and works with Pulis the more i believe he will improve.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2503 on: February 14, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »
I thought his general play was good today tbh. His finishing is undoubtedly top drawer but it's his touch and link up play that will enable him to go on to be a top player IMO.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2504 on: February 15, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »
I agree with that. His finishing is second to none (well maybe 1 or 2!), but his vision still needs quite a bit of work in my view and that was apparent yesterday when I thought he was generally ineffective (apart from scoring of course), certainly compared to Bobby.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2505 on: February 15, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »
was this an interview sanctioned by the club, strange its on thfc site
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2506 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:02 PM »
was this an interview sanctioned by the club, strange its on thfc site

Not sure where they got it from as no acknowledgement is given

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2507 on: February 15, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »
Not sure where they got it from as no acknowledgement is given

erm, hope its not another indiscetion.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2508 on: February 15, 2015, 09:47:24 PM »
In fairness to Saido that is a pleasing interview. He comes across quite mature in that and seems to have a decent relationship with Pulis. I'd be more concerned if he was touting his future around again but at least he now seems to understand the emphasis of the team and not just himself.

He has been a breath of fresh air though this season. He has produced goals when we've needed them and I think his ability in general play is also improving. Granted, there are areas which need improving but he's at the moment a raw 21 year old. Personally, I don't think he's suited to being a link up man between midfield and attack but he's doing a relatively good job in that role at the moment - if he can improve and blossom in that position then he is adding another bow to his armory and a few more millions to his price tag.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2509 on: February 15, 2015, 10:18:49 PM »
I agree, that appears to be a very articulate interview and much more carefully worded. He has obviously taken on board advice from TP and no doubt others looking after his interests. It's nice to see Berahino playing with smile on his face and seemingly enjoying his football. Regardless of what happens long term, this is all we can ask for, a talented player putting in 100% effort and giving his best for West Bromwich Albion and respecting the management, colleagues and the club as a whole. He genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself yesterday, as did every single one of our lads.

JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2510 on: February 18, 2015, 04:26:38 PM »

I thought that until the last few games were Berahino has almost been playing as a number 10 with Ideye up top. His ability to drop off and influence play, feeding passes through to Ideye and quick 1-2's has made me look at him in a different light.

He's starting to remind me of the Kevin Phillips we had towards the end of his career but with pace, not the poacher he was at the start of his career. He is a good finisher but his overall play is a level above what I thought it was.

In an ideal world Berahino would want to be up top with somebody feeding him balls but he is more involved in this role and is proving he is our best offensive player.
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2511 on: February 19, 2015, 03:31:29 AM »
I'm dying to see how the partnership between Saido and the newly resurgent Ideye develops. Saido clearly has bags of talent but is far from the finished article. If he has any sense he'll sign a new deal, knuckle down and develop for a couple of years, playing every week and then he can reassess and get his big money move.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2512 on: February 19, 2015, 03:32:28 AM »
By the way I'm not just saying this out of naked self interest. I genuinely feel it would benefit him and his career prospects if he stayed with us another 2/3 seasons.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2513 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:00 AM »
By the way I'm not just saying this out of naked self interest. I genuinely feel it would benefit him and his career prospects if he stayed with us another 2/3 seasons.
When you have a look on those big clubs' squad,you will find that none of them have a desperate need for a new striker.
Man Utd - Falcao,Van Persie,Rooney
Arsenal - Giroud,Sanogo,Akpom
Chelsea - Costa,Drogba,Remy
Liverpool - Sturridge,Balotelli,Borini
Man City - Agüero,Dzeko,Bony

Therefore they are unlikely to spend big on the striker position,I think Berahino will stay with us at least one more season,it's a good for him and the club.Here he  can  get numerous chances to play to improve and we can have a 10+ goalscorer   
The PRIDE of midlands

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2514 on: February 19, 2015, 05:59:56 AM »
When you have a look on those big clubs' squad,you will find that none of them have a desperate need for a new striker.

Therefore they are unlikely to spend big on the striker position,I think Berahino will stay with us at least one more season,it's a good for him and the club.Here he  can  get numerous chances to play to improve and we can have a 10+ goalscorer

You missed Villa off your list of big clubs. :P
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2515 on: February 19, 2015, 08:27:46 AM »
With Callum now taking over the wide right responsibilities I see Saido becoming a very very good out and out No.10 playing just behind Bobby. Exciting times ahead!

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2516 on: February 19, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
You missed Villa off your list of big clubs. :P

Who?  :P

JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2517 on: February 19, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »

With the exception of Man City the other four clubs will all be in the market for a new striker or two come the summer

Falcoa won't be signed by Man Utd and Van Persie could be ushered out.

For Arsenal only Giroud has any quality with the others being young.

Chelsea will ship out Drogba

Liverpool will want to offload Balotelli and Borini.

I can even see Spurs coming in for him to play alongside Kane.
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

Ihsaan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2518 on: February 19, 2015, 10:41:11 PM »

And yet from those strikers only Costa and Aguero have outscored Berahino this season...16 goals by February at the age of 21 is seriously good.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2519 on: February 19, 2015, 11:34:11 PM »
And yet from those strikers only Costa and Aguero have outscored Berahino this season...16 goals by February at the age of 21 is seriously good.

And with his flourishing partnership with Brown, it is a possibility that he may be even more prolific in the last third of the season.

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2520 on: February 21, 2015, 06:26:42 AM »
We have a very special talent worth more than 20 mill considering his age.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2521 on: February 21, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »
Just to put it in perspective someone like Defoe who who constantly lauded as an out an out goalscorer (I think his record is over rated personally) has only scored more than 12 PL goals in a season once and Berahino is on 10 and should surpass that this season.

Id expect him to score 20+ in all comps, something Defoe has done only twice. At the same age as Berahino is now Defoe scored 10 in the league and 14 in all comps.

Im sure theres other examples but just to compare against someone else who is labelled a 'natural finisher' and has (somehow) played over 50 times for England

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2522 on: February 21, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »
Just read Sadio picked up a slight ankle injury early on in the game today, but he still played the full 90 mins.

I really do hope the injury isn't to serious and doesn't prevent his selection for our game against Southampton next week. We need to keep him health for the remaining games of the season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2523 on: February 21, 2015, 11:41:46 PM »
Just read Sadio picked up a slight ankle injury early on in the game today, but he still played the full 90 mins.

I really do hope the injury isn't to serious and doesn't prevent his selection for our game against Southampton next week. We need to keep him health for the remaining games of the season.

It was Clattermole that did it I think, dirty thug.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2524 on: February 21, 2015, 11:56:09 PM »
It was Clattermole that did it I think, dirty thug.

Yes, Cattermole went through him from behind (no booking yet again for some reason) and he struggled limping for next ten minutes or so.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !