Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556658 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2425 on: February 06, 2015, 11:05:30 AM »
Just say that then, can't imagine Harry Kane & Charlie Austin are squeaky clean either.

Probably not no, but at least they have the nouse to just get on with their jobs and no go squawking to the papers or getting themselves in trouble every 5 minutes.
I means whats in the kids head? Rocks?
What is the mentality of a professional sportsman filming himself (or allowing himself to be filmed) doing wrong in the knowledge that it could end up in the public domain?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2426 on: February 06, 2015, 11:12:18 AM »
This whole scenario with Berahino means that it is even more vital that our other attacking players, namely Ideye and Sessegnon start scoring.

Problem is that Berahino is a legend in his own mind, players such as Lescott and Fletcher have achieved more in their careers than Berahino ever will. So he needs to realise that he isn't the 'big man' at the club and he needs to realise that big teams won't play him.

At 20m I would rip a teams hand off and we can get a humble striker in. For the record I still maintain the abuse of him was over the top.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2427 on: February 06, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
This whole scenario with Berahino means that it is even more vital that our other attacking players, namely Ideye and Sessegnon start scoring.

Problem is that Berahino is a legend in his own mind, players such as Lescott and Fletcher have achieved more in their careers than Berahino ever will. So he needs to realise that he isn't the 'big man' at the club and he needs to realise that big teams won't play him.

At 20m I would rip a teams hand off and we can get a humble striker in. For the record I still maintain the abuse of him was over the top.

I can see it getting worse.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's not taken out of the firing line soon or risk another Odemwingie saga.
Our fans put up with most things, we have to, but disrespecting the club and fan base is not accepted.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2428 on: February 06, 2015, 12:11:24 PM »
As much as we need his goals I would love nothing more than too see him dropped.

Come on Ideye get your game together son so we can drop this idiot.

Im done with Berahino, goals or not id like to see him playing in the stiffs instead and then sold to anyone that will take him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2429 on: February 06, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »
Listen to what Matt LeTiss has to say about modern football after the 4:00 minute mark in the following video, and then reflect on all the overblown hoo-ha and outrage about Saido on this thread. http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/jan/29/matt-le-tissier-video-interview

He's right! Everything that is said and done gets blown out of all proportion. Saido has not said anything disrespectful or controversial. He's just told it like it is, and is going to be.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2430 on: February 06, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »
what a top bloke and not a bad player too. Tiss that is.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2431 on: February 06, 2015, 12:33:15 PM »
Listen to what Matt LeTiss has to say about modern football after the 4:00 minute mark in the following video, and then reflect on all the overblown hoo-ha and outrage about Saido on this thread. http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/jan/29/matt-le-tissier-video-interview

He's right! Everything that is said and done gets blown out of all proportion. Saido has not said anything disrespectful or controversial. He's just told it like it is, and is going to be.

He has been disrespectful to his teammates by saying he wants to go on to bigger and better things, he clearly believes he is a big fish in a small pond when the reality is he is a talented boy but far from the finished article.

It should tell Saido all he needs to know that despite all the links that appear in the press not one club has made a bid for him, I think he's got a shock coming in the Summer as the move he will be expecting may not materialise.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2432 on: February 06, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
As much as we need his goals I would love nothing more than too see him dropped.

Come on Ideye get your game together son so we can drop this idiot.

Im done with Berahino, goals or not id like to see him playing in the stiffs instead and then sold to anyone that will take him

He's got us over a barrel, he knows we need to play him in the hope he does get the goals to keep us up. Like you I would like nothing more than for someone else to step up so we can drop him, he believes he is bigger than the club.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2433 on: February 06, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »
I don't necessarily believe all the stuff in the press, what will be telling is how his team mates react when (if) he next scores, I'll be watching that very closely.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

jsam

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2434 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »
I suppose you've got to remember that the lad is only 20, but his comments have made me very angry. It's not as if Berahino has come to us recently - we've nurtured him since he was a boy. We're family and he needs to respect that.

He's got a lot to learn as a footballer, but more to learn about growing up.

Remember the past - learn from it

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2435 on: February 06, 2015, 12:45:59 PM »
He probably is telling it like it is, but what he's said shows a complete lack of awareness, humility and respect for others, and he did not have the permission of the club.  I'm fed up with him being the centre of attention and my club being associated with his thoughtless actions.

He's been at this club for 11 years.  Where would he be without us?  Where would he be without his team mates?

The first thing that Pulis talked about when he joined was unity.  Berahino is a destructive force.  We just need him... for now. 

I'm pretty sure Hodgson won't be picking him with all this going on and other young players more focused on their game and doing better than him.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2436 on: February 06, 2015, 01:06:46 PM »
How long should we keep needing him for?

What if he doesn't score, lets say, in the next 3 games that's Burnley (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A).

Do we still keep needing him or should we drop him?

I would expect him to score in 2 of those 3 games, which is roughly his scoring average so far this season, but if not, well............................
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2437 on: February 06, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
How long should we keep needing him for?

What if he doesn't score, lets say, in the next 3 games that's Burnley (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A).

Do we still keep needing him or should we drop him?

I would expect him to score in 2 of those 3 games, which is roughly his scoring average so far this season, but if not, well............................

If he's not in form he shouldn't just be persisted with. Even Lamberk down the villa is considering dropping Benteke,
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2438 on: February 06, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »
If he's not in form he shouldn't just be persisted with. Even Lamberk down the villa is considering dropping Benteke,

Totally agree.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2439 on: February 06, 2015, 01:38:40 PM »
Had to laugh at the comparisons to Harry Kane on this thread. Based on last weekend Berahino is a shadow of the player Kane is and will be. Pace, good first touch, strong, good in the air, fantastic movement off the ball, good anticipation and a knack of scoring all sorts of goals. Berahino has none of that; Kane had it all and is only getting better. Granted life would be a lot easier being supplied by Erikson and Lamela instead of Brunt and Gardner but the difference between the two players on Saturday was massive.

Berahino isn't anywhere near as good as HE or many of US think he is. I'm worried we're as good as it will get for him as we need rid of him as soon as we possibly can.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2440 on: February 06, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »
For starters he should be dropped for Sunday and then lets see his attitude in next weeks training
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2441 on: February 06, 2015, 01:41:08 PM »
For starters he should be dropped for Sunday and then lets see his attitude in next weeks training

Despite my previous post, sadly we are in no position to do this.

If only we'd have signed Carlton Cole. How depressing is that?

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2442 on: February 06, 2015, 02:14:27 PM »
Stat I've just seen for league games

Saido Berahino: After scoring 7 goals in his first 9 Premier League appearances this season, Berahino has scored just 2 in the last 14

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2443 on: February 06, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »
Funny comment as well in the presser for this week:

''TP says Saido Berahino has been on 'the naughty step - but he's OK'. #wba''

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2444 on: February 06, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »
His slide to oblivion will be a move to Newcastle, then a loan to Scunthorpe, then he will end up selling fish and chips from a van on Scarborough sea front.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2445 on: February 06, 2015, 04:16:37 PM »
His slide to oblivion will be a move to Newcastle, then a loan to Scunthorpe, then he will end up selling fish and chips from a van on Scarborough sea front.

Now your just making me hungry.  :D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2446 on: February 06, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »
He will get a move, he will fail there and get loaned to a Watford or Notts Forest where he will score a few goals and get a permanent transfer to but he will end up a decent championship striker that's all if he doesn't sort his ego.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2447 on: February 06, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »
Saido appears to have a footballers brain off the field and not one on the pitch.  Raw talent and a natural goalscorer maybe, just makes the wrong decisions.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2448 on: February 06, 2015, 05:57:38 PM »
If Saido wants to go from zero to hero and get a little respite from the fans anger with him, he desperately needs to score on Sunday imo.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:00:06 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2449 on: February 06, 2015, 09:37:45 PM »
This is a storm in a teacup.  If he keeps us up he's done his job.  If someone is going to double his wages and play for a club in champions league next season and we receive £20 million so what?  The difference between Kane and Berahino is 1 plays with world class players and the other plays in a snail like midfield with little quality.  Until we get sharper in terms of buying better players and ruthless with ones below standard then it'll happen again and again.  The days of player loyalty are gone for good, get used to it.  This is the work of the London media, desperate to see little West Bromwich relegated instead of the West London glamour boys QPR.  They don't like the fact we've got Pulis and are desperate to unsettle the camp.