Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556558 times)

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2400 on: February 06, 2015, 12:23:54 AM »
For me he is digging a huge hole for himself, liverpool look like they want Ings, spurs have Kane, and for a similar amount of money that we are going to want for him possibly someone like Lavezzi or Higuain will be available, he could end up not wanted by any if the big teams which would leave him stuck here. Apart from the top 6/7 teams the table can change season on season so could be hard for him to actually get a move which is an improvement on 'lil old Albion' don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that Saido
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2401 on: February 06, 2015, 12:34:48 AM »
I feel hes  burnt his bridges here and will end up having to leave , and to a club that might not be as BIG as he currently hopes

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2402 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:08 AM »
I'm feeling a little irate about this fella. Where the f''k does he really see himself?! His recent form is 'up in the air' - his goal v Hull was 'blagged'.....Sess put his goal on a plate v West Ham.....and he had a 'field day' against a bunch of accountants and painters and decorators!! The more he professes his worth, the easier it is to ridicule his substance. Unfortunately off the pitch....the boy lacks class, it's a fact. Our wonderful club has taken this 'lost soul', nurtured him, supported him, encouraged him, stood by him, rewarded him, protected him and cherished him -  and this his how we're repayed! I'm not Ideye's biggest fan....however he hasn't moaned, groaned or shown any disrespect to the fans whatsoever... his situation is tough to put it mildly. He has conducted himself throughout with the upmost dignity and I sincerely hope he keeps Saido out of the team.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2403 on: February 06, 2015, 01:55:15 AM »
I'm feeling a little irate about this fella. Where the f''k does he really see himself?! His recent form is 'up in the air' - his goal v Hull was 'blagged'.....Sess put his goal on a plate v West Ham.....and he had a 'field day' against a bunch of accountants and painters and decorators!! The more he professes his worth, the easier it is to ridicule his substance. Unfortunately off the pitch....the boy lacks class, it's a fact. Our wonderful club has taken this 'lost soul', nurtured him, supported him, encouraged him, stood by him, rewarded him, protected him and cherished him -  and this his how we're repayed! I'm not Ideye's biggest fan....however he hasn't moaned, groaned or shown any disrespect to the fans whatsoever... his situation is tough to put it mildly. He has conducted himself throughout with the upmost dignity and I sincerely hope he keeps Saido out of the team.

GREAT post and my sentiments exactly - this situation will be a BIG test of TP's management skills

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2404 on: February 06, 2015, 04:35:24 AM »
Its going to be like this all season, he really has made a rod for his own back

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-target-saido-berahino-5113576
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2405 on: February 06, 2015, 08:38:52 AM »
Its going to be like this all season, he really has made a rod for his own back

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-transfer-target-saido-berahino-5113576

I feel another punch up coming up in the not so distant future
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2406 on: February 06, 2015, 08:51:50 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that this is really a media dig at Roy Hodgson. "How can you pick SB for the England squad when we have Spurs & QPR players who are so much better?" What a coincidence that both are London clubs.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2407 on: February 06, 2015, 09:02:41 AM »
I feel another punch up coming up in the not so distant future

he should be dropped with immediate effect
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2408 on: February 06, 2015, 09:07:24 AM »
To everybody saying "Drop him", "put him in the reserves" and the like....
.....who are you expecting to actually score goals instead?

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2409 on: February 06, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »
To everybody saying "Drop him", "put him in the reserves" and the like....
.....who are you expecting to actually score goals instead?

Exactly. Nobody will.

We need him in, but as soon as we're safe , he needs dropping.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2410 on: February 06, 2015, 09:12:11 AM »
It's a bad state of affairs when a premier league club has only one decent goal scorer.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2411 on: February 06, 2015, 09:17:54 AM »
Just thinking about this . If by chance we do stop up and sell him , 2 half decent strikers come to mind Troy Deeney and Jordan Rhodes with maybe a little bit on top for a creative midfielder . Just thoughts chaps .

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2412 on: February 06, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
I feel hes  burnt his bridges here and will end up having to leave , and to a club that might not be as BIG as he currently hopes

His progress is heading the way of our last "big fish in a little pool" went to a "big" club - Villa and now struggles to get into Hulls team
Saido take heed you could be another Curtis  :(

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2413 on: February 06, 2015, 09:20:43 AM »
It's a bad state of affairs when a premier league club has only one decent goal scorer.

Top 4/6 aside can you name many teams that have 2 good goal scorers?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:25:20 AM by Morany »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2414 on: February 06, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
His progress is heading the way of our last "big fish in a little pool" went to a "big" club - Villa and now struggles to get into Hulls team
Saido take heed you could be another Curtis  :(

He will be IMO. Attitude stinks and I can't see him at a massive club. I hope he fails dismally once he leaves us. I like nothing more than see a cocky and arrogant person on the slide.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2415 on: February 06, 2015, 09:26:33 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that this is really a media dig at Roy Hodgson. "How can you pick SB for the England squad when we have Spurs & QPR players who are so much better?" What a coincidence that both are London clubs.

I don't think it's a dig, I think it's a fact
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2416 on: February 06, 2015, 09:27:15 AM »

Bang on! Jumped up little sod.

Where's Mozza when you need him???!!!
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2417 on: February 06, 2015, 09:32:32 AM »
I don't think it's a dig, I think it's a fact

Just say that then, can't imagine Harry Kane & Charlie Austin are squeaky clean either.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2418 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:32 AM »
In one way, I'm glad Roy didn't give him a senior game for England, he's bad enough now just imagine if he'd got a full England Cap what his Hattitude would be  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2419 on: February 06, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »
In one way, I'm glad Roy didn't give him a senior game for England, he's bad enough now just imagine if he'd got a full England Cap what his Hattitude would be  :D

You are right, he would be even more unbearable now!
MAGA!

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2420 on: February 06, 2015, 10:19:29 AM »
He must be one of the very few players we have who is not a senior international.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2421 on: February 06, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »
Why is it always one saga after another with us. Fed up with bad blood within the camp and causing disharmony. Anelka, Odemwingie (After once being our hero), now Saido. One flipping thing after another.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2422 on: February 06, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
Reflecting on this situation he’s options are a little thin on the ground.  The only clubs that have the financial clout to sign Berahino are Spurs and Liverpool, while Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal simply won’t be interested. 

Will Brendon Rodgers want the hassle, Liverpool is a club that like to pride themselves on developing role models, he brought a temperamental striker in Balottelli in the summer and he has been a major flop.  Berahino and Sterling are also as thick as thieves, having known each other for a while, will Rodgers want Berahino influence corrupting his star Sterling, especially after he worked so hard to straighten out Sterling’s attitude, maybe not.  As for Spurs there’s no guarantee they will want him either, they have Kane who is a far better sort than Berahino and they may prefer to bring someone in with experience who he can learn from and who can take the burden off him.

It could just be possible that we will end up being stuck with each other.
"This crack is really moreish."

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2423 on: February 06, 2015, 10:39:56 AM »
i can see him going to somewhere like Qatar / Abu dhabi or even china where the mega bucks are.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2424 on: February 06, 2015, 10:54:58 AM »
i can see him going to somewhere like Qatar / Abu dhabi or even china where the mega bucks are.

He's after prestige, not money, can't see him going there. As far as I can see he's reacting to questions from the media, he's just naive in the way he answers them.
For those comparing, he's nothing like Odemwingie, he proactively slated the club.