Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2567361 times)

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2325 on: February 04, 2015, 08:02:17 PM »
Have his new contract negotiations officially broken down now? I can only assume he's lined himself a move in the summer, knowing that signing a massive contract with us will make him too expensive. As many on the Sky Sports link have said, he'll be the next Scott Sinclair...

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2326 on: February 04, 2015, 08:09:56 PM »
I would have thought that other clubs would be wary of buying him due to his recent exploits and not withstanding he is a bit immature. JP will make sure he gets a lot of money for him should he go.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2327 on: February 04, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »
Becoming a bit too billy big boots for my liking. Also doesnt seem to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, based on what I've read, though the media are not renowned for accurate reporting. I think previous suggestions for a mentor were spot on, as without good advice and guidance, I can see his career going downhill fast.

Matty

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2328 on: February 04, 2015, 11:02:10 PM »
I think Lescott needs to take Berahino to one side and say, 'I've won the Premier League, won cups, played for England in tournaments; you have done nothing Saido.' It's his second season, he needs knocking down a peg or ten. Talent will only get you so far, bad attitude can finish a career just as quickly as a bad tackle. He needs to take a look at Scott Sinclair, Steve Sidwell, Scott Parker, Jack Rodwell, Victor Moses etc etc to see what can happen if you go to a big club too soon.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2329 on: February 05, 2015, 02:01:40 AM »
Let's be honest, he's hardly had a superb season has he ?

Just 9 league goals, of which a few were penalties. If he wants the move he so craves, that needs to be at least 15 by the end of the season.

With our midfield i think thats pretty good myself personally.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2330 on: February 05, 2015, 02:43:30 AM »
lets not forget for those mentioning he will be another odemwingie, Not everything odemwingie said was false now was it ? Id love to take the side of the club every time but im not going to be that naive on anything, Always two sides to a story.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2331 on: February 05, 2015, 06:18:19 AM »
I can only see Mozza taking him to one side and having a 'word' soon  ;)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2332 on: February 05, 2015, 09:36:20 AM »
I have heard most media experts having a pop at him for his arrogance and him thinking he is better than West Bromwich Albion
Micky Quinn on Talksport the latest to have a go, there is also a rumour about him being a billy big boot when with England. Get rid asap
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2333 on: February 05, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
We should have sold him in Jan. Anichebe and Ideye would have fired the goals to keep us up.  :P
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2334 on: February 05, 2015, 10:12:53 AM »
He will be bigger than Real Madrid in a few years
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2335 on: February 05, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
West Brom legend warns Saido on conduct

West Brom legend Ally Robertson has warned Saido Berahino not to rock the boat – after the club’s top scorer admitted he hopes to move “on to bigger things.”

Soccer : Barclays Premier League - West Bromwich Albion v Hull City

Robertson believes the 21-year-old striker risks incurring the wrath of boss Tony Pulis.

It comes after Berahino gave an interview in which he also claimed fans will give him their blessing to depart, if he scores the goals to keep the Baggies in the Premier League.

The Express & Star understands Berahino did not have permission from the club to give the interview, the contents of which was widely publicised yesterday.

And Robertson said: “I think Mr Pulis would want everyone to be giving 100 per cent and not thinking about themselves.

“The position we are in needs that – the last thing we need is someone trying to rock the boat and not doing things for the team and for Albion but for themselves.

“Albion pay his wages at this moment in time and that needs to be his priority, not thinking about where he might be going next.”

Berahino has scored 14 goals this season and was linked with moves to Liverpool and Tottenham during the January transfer window, though Albion never received an enquiry.

But in yesterday’s interview, Berahino said: “I’ve got to stay focused on what I’m doing right now, which is scoring the goals and keeping West Brom in the Premier League.

“If I can keep them in the Premier League and score as many goals as I can, I’m pretty sure the fans wouldn’t mind me pushing on and going on to bigger things.

“I’m just flattered to be linked to all these sort of teams, but I stay focused.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2015/02/05/west-brom-legend-warns-saido-on-conduct/

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2336 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:28 AM »
He will be bigger than Real Madrid in a few years

He will become the Galácticos to the Galácticos  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2337 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
I would love Pulis to drop him and play Ideye, someone who actually wants to be here if it wasn't for the fact we need Saido's goals to keep us up. Can't wait for him to leave to be honest.
the regime don't like it man

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2338 on: February 05, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
I would love Pulis to drop him and play Ideye, someone who actually wants to be here if it wasn't for the fact we need Saido's goals to keep us up. Can't wait for him to leave to be honest.

Same, sad to state of affairs that we have to use him as a means to an end because we screwed the transfer window up. Not a great example to other players, but we have no choice.

Unless Ideye miraculously comes up good in the next few weeks.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2339 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »
Same, sad to state of affairs that we have to use him as a means to an end because we screwed the transfer window up. Not a great example to other players, but we have no choice.

Unless Ideye miraculously comes up good in the next few weeks.

Now I would really love to see that happen, get the whole stadium singing his name after a hatrick against Swansea?
He's got to come good soon!
Hasn't he??  :o
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2340 on: February 05, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Now I would really love to see that happen, get the whole stadium singing his name after a hatrick against Swansea?
He's got to come good soon!
Hasn't he??  :o

We said the same about Sherjill McDonald!  :D

Ideye will never make it here or anywhere else in the Prem IMO. He just doesn't look suited. He reminds me a bit of Rosenberg. Scored plenty before and after his spell here. He will score goals in another country I'm almost certain.

As for Berahino, like him or not his goals will keep us up. Lets at least get behind him whilst he's still here.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2341 on: February 05, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
As along as he knows if he performs well and scores more goals between now and the end of the season he is more likely to get the move he wants then whats the problem?

We all know that he wants the move and I for one wouldn't mind if he left after helping secure prem survival.

I recon all the players know he wants to move and some may even want him to.

His interview hasn't revealed anything we don't already know.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2342 on: February 05, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »
I really hope it clicks for Brown instead and he can be the hero and fan favourite. Forget Berahino.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2343 on: February 05, 2015, 11:35:59 AM »
Honestly can't wait for the day he is sold. To say he comes from such a poor background he doesn't sound humble or grateful at all for what we as a club have done for him.

He had an mediocre season last season and this year he's hardly set the world alight with Kane, Austin and Ings well ahead of him. Have any of these come out to the press? No. He's selfish and only interested in himself.

It's a sorry state of affairs when we all want our most successful academy player out the door in the summer, but he's brought it all on himself.

Take anything above £15 million and run.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2344 on: February 05, 2015, 11:56:22 AM »
As along as he knows if he performs well and scores more goals between now and the end of the season he is more likely to get the move he wants then whats the problem?

We all know that he wants the move and I for one wouldn't mind if he left after helping secure prem survival.

I recon all the players know he wants to move and some may even want him to.

His interview hasn't revealed anything we don't already know.

Its not about the content of the article, as you say the interview hasn't revealed anything we don't already know, its more the timing and the Self-centeredness and selfishness that comes through.

Additionally, he gave the interview without the clubs permission which demonstrates a level of arrogance and again flies in the face of authority, which he seems to have a problem with. He also comes across at times and presents himself as being another "Special One".

Will someone tell me what this lad has achieved so far in his career, have I missed a PL leading goals scorer, a PL winner, an FA Cup Winner, a League Cup Winner, and England Cap at senior level, what?

Reading the article he does mention he is flattered at being linked to famous clubs, but how many, if any, have put a bid in for him. He is young, in-experienced and believes his own media hype, silly boy.

What about the club and his team mates and, quite frankly, without them he'd probably be nothing.

I hope he does fire the goals to keep us up, but it will only be what he is being very well paid to do. Loyalty does not appear to feature in his Lexicon.

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2345 on: February 05, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »
Keep us up son ,and then on your bike for as much has we can get .

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2346 on: February 05, 2015, 12:21:06 PM »
Great article from BT Sport. Spot on

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/columnists/saido-berahino-should-take-lessons-from-harry-kane-on-fulfilling-potential-S11363959696730

They are both 21, strikers, full of goals, collecting new contracts like postage stamps and are being touted as the future of England, yet that is where the comparisons begin and end with Saido Berahino and Harry Kane.

Last weekend the pair shared the same pitch when West Brom played host to Tottenham yet it was young Mr Kane of Spurs who looked the real deal.

The cameras will be on Kane again this weekend, in the high-octane North London derby, and who would bet against the player adding to his 20-goal tally?

National head coach Roy Hodgson reacted to the clamour for Berahino by calling him up in the autumn in what was unbelievably bad timing considering the forward was nabbed for drink-driving shortly afterwards.

Since then, Hodgson has dropped heavy hints about Kane this spring, complimentary sentiments echoed by Under-21 coach Gareth Southgate.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, it will be Kane’s name on the England senior squad roster for the match against Lithuania at the end of March. The intriguing question is whether Berahino will have kept his place.

Here is a player with oodles of talent and who combines searing pace with a knack for deadly finishing.

The word that springs to mind on regular observation is ‘raw’. Unfortunately 14-goal Berahino comes across as someone who is already looking at further horizons and his comments about leaving The Hawthorns for a ‘bigger’ club are ill-advised at least.

He has grabbed more headlines for his off-pitch antics than his on-pitch exploits. Even scoring a hat-trick against Gateshead in the FA Cup turned into an example of huge grumpiness from someone who cannot handle criticism.

Apparently there is nothing in the rules about celebrating when you grab three goals in one match.

Perhaps not, but Berahino came across as a moody teenager with an attitude problem. He still lives with his mother and fully deserved a rap across the knuckles for that incident.

Kane, on the other hand, looks as if he is enjoying every second of his amazing elevation. He smiles, he shoots, and he can take a mean free-kick and deliver a through-ball too.

Hopefully he will do something special against Arsenal. Hopefully the cameras will close in on his big grin. Hopefully Berahino will watch and learn.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2347 on: February 05, 2015, 12:21:40 PM »
Keep us up son ,and then on your bike for as much has we can get .

Isn't that what he has said he's committed to doing ?

I imagine someone from sky has phoned him asked some leading questions and the kid answered them honestly. he's been set up , FFS he's 21 and a footballer not an experienced politician.

yes, I agree he needs muzzling, but personally I blame SKY more than Saido for spinning this.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2348 on: February 05, 2015, 12:24:17 PM »
He's up for sale according to the Guardian
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部