Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556543 times)

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2300 on: February 04, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »
I don't have a problem with what saido said but no way is he near a top 5 side, you can't even put him in the same bracket of players as Walcott, Rooney, Kane, Costa, sturridge, he just needs to work hard on improving his game and keep his comments in his head

Quite right - I was at the Spurs game and Kane was in a completely different class.....this is no slight on Saido, just the way it is. I do think he's misguide in the fact that he thinks he'll join a top six team and be anything more than a bench warmer. If he wants to leave, then he'll try regardless of whether we stay up or not so it makes no sense to be bitter about it. If we can get 15-20 mil and he ain't happy here, we could find 3-4 exceptional additions to our squad and strengthen key areas. I would also love to see the Nabi brothers introduced to the the squad next year.........this could prove a very shewd move.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:21:28 PM by sconesy »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2301 on: February 04, 2015, 12:11:38 PM »
Tell you what I bet he can't wait to get out of here the amount of c**p he gets off Albion fans, you never know he might end up somewhere he is appreciated.

Everyone can slag off his attitude all they want but for him to go through what he has and now be as successful as he is he must have some kind of decent head on his shoulders.

equally balanced out by the chip he has on both shoulders
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2302 on: February 04, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »
Alternatively, he could use some creative imagery like Eric Cantona to confuse everybody as to what he's really saying..... ha ha.

As zee faggots with grey peas and bacon fall from zee table, zay are often gobbled by zee Staff Bull Terriers below.

;D ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2303 on: February 04, 2015, 12:26:43 PM »
It could upset the dressing room (out of order)says steve howey
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:28:39 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2304 on: February 04, 2015, 12:35:36 PM »
Tell you what I bet he can't wait to get out of here the amount of c**p he gets off Albion fans, you never know he might end up somewhere he is appreciated.

Everyone can slag off his attitude all they want but for him to go through what he has and now be as successful as he is he must have some kind of decent head on his shoulders.

Nonsense post. Had he been a more amiable character he would be revered by the fans right now, a'la Harry Kane at Spurs, but instead he has been a petulant child who has shown nothing but disdain for club and fans at regular intervals. What are people supposed to think of him?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2305 on: February 04, 2015, 12:36:31 PM »
It could upset the dressing room (out of order)says steve howey

Have or, did I miss something in terms of any bids being received for Sadio, not only during the recent January Transfer Window but any Transfer Window?

A lot of press speculation about his worth, but nothing substantial that I can recall. Personally, the way things stand with him, I think we would be fortunate to receive bids near £10m let alone £25m.

How much do you think we would realistically get for him given all his baggage?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2306 on: February 04, 2015, 12:49:59 PM »

What rubbish does he get off Albion fans? I have not heard anything negative on matchday. In fact, despite his continuous disrespect for our club, I think he has been treated incredibly well.
There are many people in this country who have been through the same or worse than him, but will never have the opportunity or support he has.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2307 on: February 04, 2015, 12:51:16 PM »
What goes through this lads head? There is no need to be coming out with these comments at all, let alone at a time when we're scrapping to stay in the division. He's already a legend in his own mind. I hope we get shot of him this summer.

For those who wonder why we don't love Berahino like Spurs love Harry Kane, here's your answer. Typical brain dead footballer.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2308 on: February 04, 2015, 12:53:39 PM »
Keep your trap shut Saido and let your feet do the talking

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2309 on: February 04, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »

Well said. Where is it written that in order to score goals you have to be a paragon of virtue? One important difference between us and clubs at the top of the league is how we manage our talent. Maybe this is what Saido can see. Maybe he isn't Mr Personality maybe he has a lot to learn about life and human nature. The difference is that if he was at Liverpool, Spurs etc they would support him regardless. If we want to be a premier league club we need to start embracing our prima donna's. Or maybe we would be happier in the lower leagues?
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2310 on: February 04, 2015, 04:24:01 PM »
Embracing Prima donnas? What like Spurs booing Adebayor ?
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2311 on: February 04, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »
I have no trouble with his views , i think he just needs to think about when he says them , if he gets the goals that keep us up and the deals right for us I'll happily wish him well at one of the big clubs but until then he needs to get his head down and think about the team not just himself . To be honest he has got a lot more to achieve with us week in week out before he starts looking elsewhere.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2312 on: February 04, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
Embracing Prima donnas? What like Spurs booing Adebayor ?

Yeah not quite the same but I guess shot myself in the foot there mentioning Spurs still I think my point still stands  ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:34:15 PM by Yamaka »

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2313 on: February 04, 2015, 04:32:46 PM »
Hey Saido! If you can read this I've no issues with you putting yourself in the 'shop window'. Why don't you start on global TV this Sunday with a couple of goals against Burnley!!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2314 on: February 04, 2015, 04:34:35 PM »
Hey Saido! If you can read this I've no issues with you putting yourself in the 'shop window'. Why don't you start on global TV this Sunday with a couple of goals against Burnley!!

He likes scoring against them. Two of his whopping 9 goal tally came against them earlier in the season.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2315 on: February 04, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »
in this day and age, would it not be feasible to write into a players contract that ALL press and social media "stuff" shall be reviewed by the PR department before release. fines, warnings will follow if not observed.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2316 on: February 04, 2015, 04:45:31 PM »
I have stopped listening to what players say, positive or negative, the only talk of importance to me is what they do on the pitch. :P
Baggie in Southampton

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2317 on: February 04, 2015, 04:46:33 PM »
I really hate the fact we really need this imature fool ( theres so many words i could of used) Berahino knows we need him aswell.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2318 on: February 04, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »
in this day and age, would it not be feasible to write into a players contract that ALL press and social media "stuff" shall be reviewed by the PR department before release. fines, warnings will follow if not observed.

I like your thinking but I guess it would have to be a universal "bringing the game into disrepute" type law otherwise it could be used as another reason not to sign for us  8)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2319 on: February 04, 2015, 06:26:04 PM »
Would have thought so too mate? Company I last worked for had a clause saying basically I could not slag them off to the media.
Not saying Saido is but can be sensitive in football.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2320 on: February 04, 2015, 06:33:28 PM »
So can he please just shut up about everything and just play football for the next four months?  Help keep us up, sell himself to these fabulous big glamour clubs, then he can go on grudgingly reasonably good terms and we'll get £30m to soothe our feelings.

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2321 on: February 04, 2015, 06:38:07 PM »
To me it is a big part of going to matches. Last season I took the little one to about a dozen games in the East Stand and couldn't handle - it was like being in church and the thought of standing up to sing would have made me feel like I was some kind of freak. So this season I returned to where I have been since I was a kid and went back to the Brummie. I am not the type to start the chanting off but I certainly don't need much encouragement to join in.
Buckster, get yourself & your nipper to the back of the Brummie where we are mate, around block E8 & you can join in with us. I take my 11 year old with me & he's like your lad .. Wants to join in the songs & hates the negativity. I'll start em off .. You join in .. Simples!
Also, nice one smethdan for asking the question, because too many love to moan without ever raising their voice in support of the team themselves!
Now, to get back on topic .... So much of what Saido comes out with just seems to me to come out of the Peter Odemwingie book of Twitter quotes. The lad really seems to go out of his way to rub us up the wrong way. I'm guessing that a certain Mr Pulis will be having a quiet word! Adil Nabi, I'm convinced will be featuring very soon on the Baggies sub's bench as his 1st team chances gather momentum with every Berahino Tweet!

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2322 on: February 04, 2015, 07:36:13 PM »
Frankly I do hope he scores the goals to keep us up and we can then pocket about 20 million quid for him
With that plus the money in the pot we can build a super team
We have nearly cleared the decks of players now so there is plenty of room on the wage bill to really do something next year - if we stop up
Saido really does nothing to get people to like him does he

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2323 on: February 04, 2015, 07:49:45 PM »
Why are these interviews appearing so often? I think of young English footballers like Harry Kane, Charlie Austin and Danny Ings and I never see them angling out their future. I think we're all slightly naive if we expect Saido to be our next hero, he has made it quite clear that his future lies away from West Brom and I have no qualms about that - what I do have an annoyance about is several of his poorly timed comments at a time when everybody's focus should be on securing our Premier League safety.

Saido has the potential to be a very good player but he has to realise that he is not the finished article just yet and in terms of England selection, he is, in my opinion behind both Kane and Charlie Austin. The real shame about Saido's Albion career is that he should leave this club highly regarded as our most successful academy product - instead I fear he may leave this club with people remembering his attitude and off the field troubles rather than his success on it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2324 on: February 04, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »
Why are these interviews appearing so often? I think of young English footballers like Harry Kane, Charlie Austin and Danny Ings and I never see them angling out their future. I think we're all slightly naive if we expect Saido to be our next hero, he has made it quite clear that his future lies away from West Brom and I have no qualms about that - what I do have an annoyance about is several of his poorly timed comments at a time when everybody's focus should be on securing our Premier League safety.

Saido has the potential to be a very good player but he has to realise that he is not the finished article just yet and in terms of England selection, he is, in my opinion behind both Kane and Charlie Austin. The real shame about Saido's Albion career is that he should leave this club highly regarded as our most successful academy product - instead I fear he may leave this club with people remembering his attitude and off the field troubles rather than his success on it.

They appear so often because by now even the press by now realise that this kid is brainless and can be relied on to give them something to print.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'