Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556544 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2175 on: January 31, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »
Mate, we're going round in circles, not going to change each others views. Truth may or may not come out.

I'm off to the game and hope he does it on the pitch today  ;)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2176 on: January 31, 2015, 01:59:19 PM »
Mate, we're going round in circles, not going to change each others views. Truth may or may not come out.

I'm off to the game and hope he does it on the pitch today ;)
Me too! Boing Boing

Pedro

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2177 on: February 01, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »
Sat in East stand today, ball kicked out by Foster to Berahino. He fails to control it and it goes out for a throw in. Lad 3 or 4 rows in front stands up and gives him a few expletives. Now whether he was right or wrong to pick Saido out for a few words is a matter of opinion, personally i don't think it helps. But when a professional footballer turns around and tells a fan to go f**k himself and get out there if he can do any better its a sad day for all. My 2 kids were shocked not by the language but by the shear hate in his voice. I was gobsmacked to be honest, quite frankly I don give a toss whether he stays or goes anymore. After that today and some of the stuff he is coming out with I really am not sure he wants to be around. Wherever he ends up I just hope his attitude to all changes. Harry Kane was superb today, enjoying his football I thought, as for Saido, a really sad figure who really doesn't look like he wants to be there. If that's the case maybe it is time to cash in.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2178 on: February 01, 2015, 01:10:45 AM »
Sat in East stand today, ball kicked out by Foster to Berahino. He fails to control it and it goes out for a throw in. Lad 3 or 4 rows in front stands up and gives him a few expletives. Now whether he was right or wrong to pick Saido out for a few words is a matter of opinion, personally i don't think it helps. But when a professional footballer turns around and tells a fan to go f**k himself and get out there if he can do any better its a sad day for all. My 2 kids were shocked not by the language but by the shear hate in his voice. I was gobsmacked to be honest, quite frankly I don give a toss whether he stays or goes anymore. After that today and some of the stuff he is coming out with I really am not sure he wants to be around. Wherever he ends up I just hope his attitude to all changes. Harry Kane was superb today, enjoying his football I thought, as for Saido, a really sad figure who really doesn't look like he wants to be there. If that's the case maybe it is time to cash in.

If this is the case then it is truly shocking behaviour from Berahino. Just sums up the petulance of the bloke. Imagine if Regis, Cunningham and Batson had reacted that way when they had monkey noises chanted at them every other week? They would have had every right to react to abuse from the crowd back then in the face of that. They didn't and wouldn't have reacted though would they, they were bigger than that, better men than that. For Berahino to use such foul abuse just for one lad telling him he is pooh or suchlike is just unbelievable and inexcusable.

bombersboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2179 on: February 01, 2015, 01:12:24 AM »
It seems to me we have another case of too much to soon in Berahino,  instead of being someone who should be setting a fine example of what a 'god fairing', young high profile sportsman can be, through pure petulance, carelessness and greed he's actually a brilliant promotion of what the premier league is all about.

wba606

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2180 on: February 01, 2015, 01:41:17 AM »
fair play to berahino did the right thing

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2181 on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:28 AM »
If this is the case then it is truly shocking behaviour from Berahino. Just sums up the petulance of the bloke. Imagine if Regis, Cunningham and Batson had reacted that way when they had monkey noises chanted at them every other week? They would have had every right to react to abuse from the crowd back then in the face of that. They didn't and wouldn't have reacted though would they, they were bigger than that, better men than that. For Berahino to use such foul abuse just for one lad telling him he is pooh or suchlike is just unbelievable and inexcusable.
They'd have been lynched... literally.

This sounds alot like give and can't take. It's OK to throw abuse at players that are trying to do a job (try going to a building site and doing this) but when one of them fights back, oh no! How awful is he!?

Also your last line is untrue. It's not just one guy is it? I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing has been happening multiple times for the last two seasons not only at matches but in his personal life as well.. Because fans (in the collective term) are massive D**ks.

To reply to Pedro's bit about Kane, maybe because he actually feels wanted by the fans? when was the last time the fans universally liked a player? It HAS to be about 5 years now.

Personally, If I was a player, I wouldn't sign for us... Purely because I could get as good a contract elsewhere with less D**kish fans.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2182 on: February 01, 2015, 01:47:41 AM »

Are you having a laugh?? How on earth can you justify Berahino abusing a supporter who pays his wages? If I'm at work and I make a mistake and my gaffer or a customer makes it known to me, I don't turn round to them and tell them to go and f*** themselves. Berahino is a disgrace if he has acted this way. The bloke is earning more money in a week than I do in a year. If he cant take a bit of criticism he shouldn't be playing.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2183 on: February 01, 2015, 01:51:25 AM »

This sounds alot like give and can't take. It's OK to throw abuse at players that are trying to do a job (try going to a building site and doing this) but when one of them fights back, oh no! How awful is he!?

Also your last line is untrue. It's not just one guy is it? I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing has been happening multiple times for the last two seasons not only at matches but in his personal life as well.. Because fans (in the collective term) are massive D**ks.

To reply to Pedro's bit about Kane, maybe because he actually feels wanted by the fans? when was the last time the fans universally liked a player? It HAS to be about 5 years now.

Personally, If I was a player, I wouldn't sign for us... Purely because I could get as good a contract elsewhere with less D**kish fans.
It's part of a footballers job to not give back abuse, it's called professionalism. That's akin to a shop assistant abusing a customer and telling them to F off.

The last time all fans have liked a player was two years ago in Gera, although virtually everyone likes Yacob and that's right now... Not exactly 5 years is it.

Although I agree that many fans are as you describe them, it's a complete myth that different clubs have different kinds of fans. The proportion of each kind of fan is more or less the same at every club.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:53:14 AM by maccbaggie »

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2184 on: February 01, 2015, 01:53:47 AM »

If anyone can't take it is is clearly Berahino. Are you telling me that you have never shouted anything at a player in a fit of built up tension and passion? I think not. If you have never reacted to player then I question your actual support for the Albion as I do with your comment saying that Albion supporters are Dicks. You will not find a more popular set of supporters in the country than Albion. I've watched us at 78 league grounds and nobody I've ever encountered has had a bad word to say about us.

bombersboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2185 on: February 01, 2015, 01:54:53 AM »

So you think its ok for a pro footballer to swaear at fans? Even IF the incident happenened, any 1 in Berahinos position with an ounce of intelligence would walk away, the whole team were poor today. And if you seriously feel that way about your fellow fans, id find a new hobby.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2186 on: February 01, 2015, 01:57:23 AM »
So you think its ok for a pro footballer to swaear at fans? Even IF the incident happenened, any 1 in Berahinos position with an ounce of intelligence would walk away, the whole team were poor today. And if you seriously feel that way about your fellow fans, id find a new hobby.
no, but if the player's sworn at first, and then returns it, as in what happened here, I don't see the issue.

I also don't think it's right for fans to swear at the players. So if they do then they are fair game to me.

And on your final point, I've said a couple times before it would be our fans that drove me away from football.. At the moment it's so high and mighty and expectant. There's no humility, no humour, no respect to the players (so why should you demand it back?), there is nothing. just 26,000 bodies surrounding the pitch with the collective mindset of a 12-year old on the internet, ready to start a fight and abuse anyone they come across but then run away and hide behind the club when they get called on it pointing at them saying how terrible they are for doing the same thing.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:07:07 AM by Hunnington Baggie »

bombersboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2187 on: February 01, 2015, 02:03:52 AM »
no, but if the player's sworn at first, and then returns it, as in what happened here, I don't see the issue.

I also don't think it's right for fans to swear at players. So if they do then they are fair game to me.
Its as simple as this ,fans are paying to be there,
Players are being paid  to be there, so one word sums that situation up, professionalism.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2188 on: February 01, 2015, 02:04:15 AM »

I also don't think it's right for fans to swear at players. So if they do then they are fair game to me.

He is a PROFESSIONAL footballer, earning at the moment in the region of 15 grand a week! He should be PROFESSIONAL and not react. It is his job to play football, not argue with the very people who pay his wages. I've had abuse at work but I don't tell people to f*** off and that was in a job earning a pittance. For 15 grand a week, people could call me whatever they liked.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2189 on: February 01, 2015, 03:07:50 AM »

I also don't think it's right for fans to swear at the players. So if they do then they are fair game to me.

And on your final point, I've said a couple times before it would be our fans that drove me away from football.. At the moment it's so high and mighty and expectant. There's no humility, no humour, no respect to the players (so why should you demand it back?), there is nothing. just 26,000 bodies surrounding the pitch with the collective mindset of a 12-year old on the internet, ready to start a fight and abuse anyone they come across but then run away and hide behind the club when they get called on it pointing at them saying how terrible they are for doing the same thing.

And you think this is any different anywhere else do you?? It's a bloody football ground, not an effing theatre with everyone giving a polite round of applause when the show finishes. Did you go to football in the eighties when there was REAL fights and abuse? It's laughable that this is what you think it is like at the Hawthorns now. Football has ALWAYS been tribal and passionate. There is less abuse of players now than at any time in the last 32 years that I've been watching the Albion. As for saying there is no humour and no respect amongst the Albion support?? I seriously don't know where you've been! You haven't been watching the same Albion as I have over the years.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2190 on: February 01, 2015, 08:34:20 AM »
I think this is a problem not just at football grounds but also in society, people give out abuse when they can not really be held accountable eg. in the stands, on Twitter etc. No problem with what Saido did, if you can't take it don't give it out. If that fan had seen Saido in the street he'd of probably been begging for a photo.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2191 on: February 01, 2015, 11:39:21 AM »
I think this is a problem not just at football grounds but also in society, people give out abuse when they can not really be held accountable eg. in the stands, on Twitter etc. No problem with what Saido did, If that fan had seen Saido in the street he'd of probably been begging for a photo. if you can't take it don't give it out.

Nobody has actually said that the fan who said anything 'couldn't take it'. You're missing the whole point. Us, the paying supporters, are there to watch so called professional footballers play football. No matter what gets said. In a passionate atmosphere of a football match things get said, it is not like walking down the street and shouting abuse is it. You don't here 20,000 people up Merry Hill chanting "The toilet cleaner's a w*****" or such like do you? You can't compare the two. These players are getting paid obscene amounts of money to play football and the fans are paying obscene amount of money to watch it. If I and thousnds of others are spending more money than they can really afford watching some overpaid arrogant football under performing, I've got every right to be fuming.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:39:49 AM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2192 on: February 01, 2015, 11:42:40 AM »
Olsson, Robinson have had a go at fans both on more than one occasion.

Seems that Berahino cannot do anything these days without someone having a go at him. No he was not right to have a go but he's human and if someone keeps having a pop then in the heat of the moment you'll have a go back.

Not condoning it as he should just walk away and ignore it but he is only human.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2193 on: February 01, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »

Very disappointing if so but we had similar recently form the likes of Olsson (multiple times ?) and before that Kiely so hardly a first.
However, Saido does seem to keep on showing a stroppy side to him that I don't like and I think the fanbase picks up those bad vibes and despite his goals and talent does not seem a crowd favourite.
If he genuinely wants to be here and sticks around and keeps improving/scoring then there is time yet for him to be a favourite.

That said, at the moment he looks well behind Kane as an all round goalscorer and main forward; you cannot see how he would get into a top 7-8 side and would be a bench warmer at best.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2194 on: February 01, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »

Why ?  Not saying it was right to go over the top with personal abuse, BUT were you at the game ?

The players collectively deserved abuse for the sheer garbage for that first half hour of rubbish...............a passage of play by Spuds just after the second goal had many of us in the BRE up on our feet in sheer frustration and anger at what we had paid to watch as the team reverted to type. 

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2195 on: February 01, 2015, 11:52:59 AM »
Olsson, Robinson have had a go at fans both on more than one occasion.

Seems that Berahino cannot do anything these days without someone having a go at him. No he was not right to have a go but he's human and if someone keeps having a pop then in the heat of the moment you'll have a go back.

Not condoning it as he should just walk away and ignore it but he is only human.

I think the difference here speaking as a third party as I wasn't the one giving out the abuse nor was I the one giving it back, is that players such as Robinson and Olsson appear to genuinely have cared for the club. This probably explains their reactions to such abuse as opposed to Berahino, who Pedro,the original poster on this point said there was sheer hatred in his voice. As I said, a football ground is a totally different environment to anywhere else. It is 'par for the course' for passionate fans to shout their frustrations out with a few choice words.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2196 on: February 01, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »
I think the difference here speaking as a third party as I wasn't the one giving out the abuse nor was I the one giving it back, is that players such as Robinson and Olsson appear to genuinely have cared for the club. This probably explains their reactions to such abuse as opposed to Berahino, who Pedro,the original poster on this point said there was sheer hatred in his voice. As I said, a football ground is a totally different environment to anywhere else. It is 'par for the course' for passionate fans to shout their frustrations out with a few choice words.

The bloke has been crucified by Albion fans over the past few months on Twitter etc and then wakes up yesterday to papers causing more problems for him so no wonder he's a bit peeved.

Robinson cared for the club ? yes he did for a spell but thats another story.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2197 on: February 01, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »

Without the passionate fans, good and bad elements, we have NOTHING as a club............end up like Fulhams' uncommitted 'neutrals end'.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2198 on: February 01, 2015, 11:57:38 AM »
The bloke has been crucified by Albion fans over the past few months on Twitter etc and then wakes up yesterday to papers causing more problems for him so no wonder he's a bit peeved.

Robinson cared for the club ? yes he did for a spell but thats another story.
The Twitter bits easy, if your a professional.......KEEP OFF IT !   No reason to enter debate with people all and sundry !

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2199 on: February 01, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
The Twitter bits easy, if your a professional.......KEEP OFF IT !   No reason to enter debate with people all and sundry !

I didn't say he had debated with anyone on there at all but why should he keep off ?

He has the same right to go on there as anyone but howwould you feel if you keep getting notifications from fans abusing you, some of the comments lately have been a disgrace.