Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556561 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2125 on: January 16, 2015, 08:37:27 PM »
Glad it's sorted. Needs to get his head down.

Another 10 goals and he'll get his dream move in the summer and we'll get about £35 million.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2126 on: January 16, 2015, 10:46:12 PM »
He now gets to sleep on it, and get it through his head.
He can then put the court case behind him and concentrate on his career.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2127 on: January 17, 2015, 02:13:03 PM »
He now gets to sleep on it, and get it through his head.
He can then put the court case behind him and concentrate on his career.

If he wants to be the best and get international honours, he needs to change his reputation. Whether his attitude is bad or not, he has been labelled and it seems to me he has fallen behind players like Ings and Kane since he was called up. Rooney and Sturridge have millage left have and theres also Austin, before anyone else breaks through in the next few years.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2128 on: January 19, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »
Lets hope his mind is now fully focussed without the worry of his pre drink driving conviction
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2129 on: January 20, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
Read in The Sun (take it with a pinch of salt) that we are trying to extend his contract by years and more than double his wage to 50k a week. I wonder if contract talks will now begin again after his court case has now been sorted?
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2130 on: January 20, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »
Read in The Sun (take it with a pinch of salt) that we are trying to extend his contract by years and more than double his wage to 50k a week. I wonder if contract talks will now begin again after his court case has now been sorted?

May well be the case. Wise move to offer him a contract as we are bound to get bids in the summer. Increases his value
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2131 on: January 20, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
Peace issues Saido not for sale statement:

Peace: 'Saido can put an unhappy chapter behind him.'
ALBION chairman Jeremy Peace remains resolute over the future of Saido Berahino after welcoming signs of a fresh start by the club’s England striker.

Berahino closed an unsettling chapter in his life on Friday with his appearance at Runcorn Magistrates Court where he pleaded guilty to drink-driving charges and was banned from driving for a year and fined £3,400.

The 21-year-old striker was happy to leave behind all the media attention that has accompanied the case and focus solely once again on his football - and a recent return to top form which has seen him score six goals in three games.

Peace has welcomed the signs of Berahino’s sparkle returning and re-iterated his earlier view that the Academy graduate will not be considered for sale during the January transfer window.

"I think we are all relieved that we can now draw a line under this episode,” said Peace.

"The Club takes seriously the charges to which Saido pleaded guilty and as a result he will be subject to the Club’s disciplinary procedures.

"This unfortunate episode has been unsettling for the club generally and Saido specifically.

"What has been pleasing for everyone around the club has been the clear sign that Saido has responded positively to the arrival of Tony Pulis and a new coaching team and is displaying clear signs of showing that where it matters most – on the pitch.

"Tony has certainly been delighted with him and it is heartening for everyone to see a young man moving forward in the right direction again.

"I said in the autumn that the club had no interest in selling Saido and that remains the case. Unless Tony decides otherwise, the view will surely be that he is far too important to us to consider trading. His goals are capable of keeping us in the Premier League and would be hugely difficult to replace.

"I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify the position and the club’s thinking to our supporters now that Saido can put this unhappy chapter behind him."

Peace added: "Saido has been here from a very young age and he must realise how everyone at West Bromwich Albion has nothing but his best interests at heart.

"We have always looked after him and we are all genuinely pleased to see such encouraging signs that he is back on track."

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/berahino-jeremy-peace-west-bromwich-albion-baggies-2215836.aspx#sqHF18cWeUl81ifM.99

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2132 on: January 20, 2015, 04:42:40 PM »
Nice one JP. Like him or loathe him, it's difficult to argue against the sentiment that Saido is very important to us.

Mind you, good job I'm not in charge, I would have got rid last season as I thought he had shot his bolt. ;D
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2133 on: January 20, 2015, 04:46:55 PM »
A good message from the chairman.

According to the BBC Sport site [gossip - make what you will of that] it is reported that WBA are going to offer him more than double his wages. So providing its OK with his mom he will hopefully stay, and as the chairman says put this episode behind him.

Personally I would like to see two good seasons out of him and I would say that he would have earned the big money move he will no doubt get.

Lets not forget it was only late last season when he got a thumping from Mozza for not taking a ball into the corner........
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2134 on: January 20, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »
Peace issues Saido not for sale statement:

Peace: 'Saido can put an unhappy chapter behind him.'
ALBION chairman Jeremy Peace remains resolute over the future of Saido Berahino after welcoming signs of a fresh start by the club’s England striker.

Berahino closed an unsettling chapter in his life on Friday with his appearance at Runcorn Magistrates Court where he pleaded guilty to drink-driving charges and was banned from driving for a year and fined £3,400.

The 21-year-old striker was happy to leave behind all the media attention that has accompanied the case and focus solely once again on his football - and a recent return to top form which has seen him score six goals in three games.

Peace has welcomed the signs of Berahino’s sparkle returning and re-iterated his earlier view that the Academy graduate will not be considered for sale during the January transfer window.

"I think we are all relieved that we can now draw a line under this episode,” said Peace.

"The Club takes seriously the charges to which Saido pleaded guilty and as a result he will be subject to the Club’s disciplinary procedures.

"This unfortunate episode has been unsettling for the club generally and Saido specifically.

"What has been pleasing for everyone around the club has been the clear sign that Saido has responded positively to the arrival of Tony Pulis and a new coaching team and is displaying clear signs of showing that where it matters most – on the pitch.

"Tony has certainly been delighted with him and it is heartening for everyone to see a young man moving forward in the right direction again.

"I said in the autumn that the club had no interest in selling Saido and that remains the case. Unless Tony decides otherwise, the view will surely be that he is far too important to us to consider trading. His goals are capable of keeping us in the Premier League and would be hugely difficult to replace.

"I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify the position and the club’s thinking to our supporters now that Saido can put this unhappy chapter behind him."

Peace added: "Saido has been here from a very young age and he must realise how everyone at West Bromwich Albion has nothing but his best interests at heart.

"We have always looked after him and we are all genuinely pleased to see such encouraging signs that he is back on track."

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/berahino-jeremy-peace-west-bromwich-albion-baggies-2215836.aspx#sqHF18cWeUl81ifM.99

If further evidence were required of TP's control of footballing issues, then look no further than that sentence from the Chairman
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2135 on: January 20, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
Yes and why not pay him the going rate as a striker who can score like him will cost at LEAST that!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2136 on: January 20, 2015, 09:03:46 PM »
although anchibe had one of his best games v everton,i cant understand why he is still not played as the centre forward that's his best position and one that gets us the goals,to ask him to defend v everton was a waste,i can understand the thinking in anchibe trying to hold up the ball with his back to goal,but equally if berahino had played centre,morrison and brunt could have tried to play balls behind for berahino to run on to

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2137 on: January 23, 2015, 12:07:04 AM »
This is turning in to madness, first not for sale, but now a maybe with a big offer!!!.We cannot possibly let him go if we don't have a first class replacement already signed !!!!!!. There is no point selling him for a massive amount money then hoping to find a replacement before deadline day, as they might never arrive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2922620/West-Brom-manager-Tony-Pulis-warns-Saido-Berahino-won-t-sold-Baggies-firepower-Premier-League-battle.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/west-bromwich-albion/story/2259503/saido-berahino-wont-be-dealt-on-deadline-dayssays-west-broms-tony-pulis

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2138 on: January 23, 2015, 12:40:36 AM »
This is turning in to madness, first not for sale, but now a maybe with a big offer!!!.We cannot possibly let him go if we don't have a first class replacement already signed !!!!!!. There is no point selling him for a massive amount money then hoping to find a replacement before deadline day, as they might never arrive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2922620/West-Brom-manager-Tony-Pulis-warns-Saido-Berahino-won-t-sold-Baggies-firepower-Premier-League-battle.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/west-bromwich-albion/story/2259503/saido-berahino-wont-
be-dealt-on-deadline-dayssays-west-broms-tony-pulis

Let's replace him with Ameobi lol, ameobi and Victor up front what a threat

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2139 on: January 23, 2015, 01:54:47 AM »

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/west-bromwich-albion/story/2259503/saido-berahino-wont-be-dealt-on-deadline-dayssays-west-broms-tony-pulis

The stance from within the club has always been the same regarding Saido. They Dont want to sell him and rightly so. It would be crazy for anyone to sell their top scorer half way through the campaign. Pulis is probably getting very frustrated with answering questions about Berahinio. I've never seen a coach have to talk about one player so much during a window as Pulis has had to with Berahinio. I personally Dont think we will sell him this month I think he will go for stupid money in the summer if he hasn't signed a new deal by then. Like I said the club's stance has always been we don'twant to sell Saido but if a bigger club comes in with a ridiculous offer thats simply to good to turn down we will have to reconsider.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2140 on: January 23, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »
We'd probably need two strikers to have any level of confidence in scoring goals during the remainder of the season e.g. Jordan Rhodes AND Deaney
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2141 on: January 27, 2015, 10:49:44 AM »
Not posted on this yet but thought he looked well drilled on Saturday. In the second half Pulis shouted him over and I've never seen him run so fast. Went over got some instructions and ran back.

Pulis could be just what Saido needs regards man management. Get him on the straight and narrown and get him firing.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2142 on: January 27, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »
Not posted on this yet but thought he looked well drilled on Saturday. In the second half Pulis shouted him over and I've never seen him run so fast. Went over got some instructions and ran back.

Pulis could be just what Saido needs regards man management. Get him on the straight and narrown and get him firing.

I would agree with that mate, he did look more focused.

Got himself two assists aswell. He looked really pleased for Vic getting the goals.

I hope he does get his head straight, potential is there to be a very good premier league player.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2143 on: January 27, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »
He is young and still seems to be a little immature for his age too hence he seems to need one or two players and a manager who can 'put their arm around him'. I think he'll be a top player (play for a top four team) if he can settle down a bit. His technique is good, he's a natural finisher and obviously has a good focus (e.g. penalties under pressure). However, he strikes me as someone who would thrive in a partnership rather than the lone frontman (a la Shane Long) working away. Him and Vic could work in theory if they get better service and Vic stays fit (!!!!)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2144 on: January 27, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »
Movement off the ball is very, very good.
This gives him time, space and also options.
Good eye for a pass.
Scores goals with both feet and his head.
Although not blessed with lightening pace he is still pretty quick and also stronger than he looks.
Cracking young player who I sincerely hope that we keep hold of.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2145 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:12 PM »
Saido Berahino gives West Brom a boost after edging closer to contract extension

By SAMI MOKBEL

Saido Berahino is close to signing a deal to keep him at the Hawthorns
The 21-year-old signed a three-and-half-year deal in December 2013
It would end speculation linking the England striker with a move to Liverpool and Tottenham
West Brom manager Tony Pulis views him as a vital component in his team

Saido Berahino is set to hand West Bromwich Albion a huge boost by penning a bumper new contract.
Baggies officials have held a fresh round of talks with the striker and his representatives this month over an extension.
And the Midlands club are confident Berahino, who only signed a three-and-half-year deal in December 2013, will put pen to paper sooner rather than later.

The news will end any immediate speculation regarding his future at West Brom, with Liverpool and Tottenham both chasing the hitman this month.
But the club's unwillingness to entertain offers below their £20million asking price, together with the latest round of talks has resulted in Berahino - who is expected to net an increase on his current £12,000-per-week terms - committing his future to the club.
Initial talks over a new deal were shelved earlier in the season, fuelling talk that he could be on his way of the Hawthorns.
But manager Tony Pulis views Berahino, who has broken into Roy Hodgson's England plans this season, as a vital component of his blueprint to beat the drop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2933495/Saido-Berahino-Baggies-boost-edges-closer-signing-contract-extension.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2146 on: January 30, 2015, 09:53:07 PM »
Great news if this happens. I've noticed a visible improvement in his attitude and commitment over the last couple of games. Against Everton in particular, asked to play in role that required him to constantly track Coleman, he got on with his job brilliantly, restraining his natural attacking instincts to work tremendously hard for the team. I was hoping Pulis would be the man to man-manage Saido and get him back focused and so far it seems to be working.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2147 on: January 30, 2015, 10:08:45 PM »
I think tha "Tone" is letting Saido have a free rein, to be himself.
Under Irvine, this was stifled.
As we all know....
If you can enjoy your job, you perform better.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2148 on: January 30, 2015, 10:51:21 PM »
I think tha "Tone" is letting Saido have a free rein, to be himself.
Under Irvine, this was stifled.
As we all know....
If you can enjoy your job, you perform better.
He had anything but a free rein at Everton. As someone said he may as well have had number 3 on his back. Shouldn't forget he was playing well for Irvine until the England call up.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2149 on: January 31, 2015, 01:21:11 AM »
There is no way anyone has a "free" role in a Pulis side. If he does sign it is purely down to the money on offer and the fact that no bids have materialised.

Hopefully he will continue to develop and be able to play off the target man rather than as a Centre Forward to date he has not really settled into that role but with time I am sure he will adjust.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.