Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556458 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2075 on: January 09, 2015, 06:09:29 PM »
Pulis on Berahino

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-tony-pulis-not-8415563

Tony Pulis says West Bromwich Albion are keen to keep hold of top scorer Saido Berahino but the future appears less bright for Brown Ideye.

Ideye is one of a number of players Albion are keen to move on and that may not be as difficult as it sounds due to the structure of his £8.8 million summer move from Dynamo Kiev.

The majority of the record fee is based on appearances and goals but even so a move to an English club for the 26 year-old looks unlikely.

Berahino is likely to remain at The Hawthorns due to the big clubs as yet being unwilling to take a risk on the 21-year-old.

Stoke's Marc Muniesa in action with West Brom's Brown IdeyeRecord signing Brown Ideye could be moved on but a switch to an English club looks unlikely
“For everyone we’d like to keep him,” Pulis said.

“If you are asking me whether I want to sell him now, not at all because he has been absolutely first class.

“We’ve had no offers for Saido, he is scoring goals and been a pleasure to work with.

“He has been the last on the training ground every morning, been doing extra with Kempy (Dave Kemp) and Jewely (Paul Jewell), the important thing is we have to make sure he has a clear mind when he goes on the football pitch.

“You have a situation where Luis Suarez goes from Liverpool when they finished second last year and they sell him because it was the right deal for the football club.

PICTURES - Saido Berahino's career:

Saido Berahino scores for Albion to make it 2-1 against Manchester United

“Everyone is available in every shape and form and there’s no difference about that. Saido’s been the first on the training ground every morning and the last to leave.

“What we need to make sure is he has a clear mind. We’ve had a chat about that and he’s been smashing.”

Pulis wants to bring in two signings at least.

“The chairman has been very helpful in terms of understanding that we need players in - we want players in who will improve the squad.

“It’s important we get better players in but this will be the toughest window because there isn’t long and we have to get the quality in.

“We’ve got everything here to be a Premier League club. But we need results to ensure we are.”

Three points from this
a) No offers
b) Pulis not minded to sell him
c) He is working well under the new regime

Okay it doesn't rule out Spurs or L'pool coming in with a stupid bid latter in the window but unless something happens to dramatically alter the situation Saido is staying put for the time being.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2076 on: January 09, 2015, 06:14:04 PM »
This pretty much should kill speculation for the time being from the B'ham Mail

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-tony-pulis-not-8415563

Tony Pulis says West Bromwich Albion are keen to keep hold of top scorer Saido Berahino but the future appears less bright for Brown Ideye.

Ideye is one of a number of players Albion are keen to move on and that may not be as difficult as it sounds due to the structure of his £8.8 million summer move from Dynamo Kiev.

The majority of the record fee is based on appearances and goals but even so a move to an English club for the 26 year-old looks unlikely.

Berahino is likely to remain at The Hawthorns due to the big clubs as yet being unwilling to take a risk on the 21-year-old.

Stoke's Marc Muniesa in action with West Brom's Brown IdeyeRecord signing Brown Ideye could be moved on but a switch to an English club looks unlikely
“For everyone we’d like to keep him,” Pulis said.

“If you are asking me whether I want to sell him now, not at all because he has been absolutely first class.

“We’ve had no offers for Saido, he is scoring goals and been a pleasure to work with.

“He has been the last on the training ground every morning, been doing extra with Kempy (Dave Kemp) and Jewely (Paul Jewell), the important thing is we have to make sure he has a clear mind when he goes on the football pitch.

“You have a situation where Luis Suarez goes from Liverpool when they finished second last year and they sell him because it was the right deal for the football club.

PICTURES - Saido Berahino's career:

Saido Berahino scores for Albion to make it 2-1 against Manchester United
VIEW GALLERY   
“Everyone is available in every shape and form and there’s no difference about that. Saido’s been the first on the training ground every morning and the last to leave.

“What we need to make sure is he has a clear mind. We’ve had a chat about that and he’s been smashing.”

Pulis wants to bring in two signings at least.

For more Albion stories, click below to like our West Brom Facebook page

“The chairman has been very helpful in terms of understanding that we need players in - we want players in who will improve the squad.

“It’s important we get better players in but this will be the toughest window because there isn’t long and we have to get the quality in.

“We’ve got everything here to be a Premier League club. But we need results to ensure we are.”

If any of the strikers are to be sold to raise funds Brown Ideye looks the most likely candidate.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2077 on: January 09, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »
Lennon in
ings in
crouch in
nzonzi in
maybe mcmannaman in

saido out
olsson out
dorrans out
maybe one of mulumbu or yacob out

not what i want , tis what i think will happen
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2078 on: January 10, 2015, 12:26:13 AM »
I've watched the presser this is from. Ideye wasn't mentioned so why he is in at the top of the story I have no idea. He conceded everyone has a price, citing Suarez as an example. He also said ALL the lads had been superb. He said Saido was doing extra training at the end of sessions and his attitude was very good. Then again why would he say anything different?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albiondean

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2079 on: January 10, 2015, 02:04:06 AM »
I  just cant see us selling him in this window, even if we get silly money it wont benefit us at this moment in time, ok just say we get 25 mil for him in this window, who are we going to replace him with ? and other clubs are going to know weve got all that money to spend, so their prices for any strikers are going to go up.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2080 on: January 10, 2015, 06:07:51 PM »
absolutely madness if we sell him now. will considerably increase our chances of going down.

plus if we hang on to him and he bangs in another 10 goals, we might get £30-35m for him...

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2081 on: January 10, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
MoM today for me. Switch off the phone JP  :(

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2082 on: January 10, 2015, 08:51:18 PM »
Where on earth would we be without this kid eh? The only player on the park today with that extra little spark. Worked his socks off and deserved his goal.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

benladdie3000

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2083 on: January 10, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »
Theres nobody to replace him. Its fine to hell him as long as it means he stays here till end of season. Hes our best player and we need 6 months to scout and find a proper replacement not a stop gap. Plus if we keep him till summer his stock will only increase and hjs goals may very well keep us up

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2084 on: January 10, 2015, 09:29:58 PM »
This kid is going to be special. He oozes class! Scary to think that there are 5/6 players in the academy at the moment who are rated higher than berahino was.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2085 on: January 10, 2015, 10:25:51 PM »
Saido Berahino @SBerahino  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Hope i dont make any headlines for over celebrating, joke aside though- what a strong team performance we shown today #GodIsGood

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2086 on: January 10, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »
Saido Berahino @SBerahino  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Hope i dont make any headlines for over celebrating, joke aside though- what a strong team performance we shown today #GodIsGood

Not very holy when he is on the laughing gas or drink driving is he!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2087 on: January 10, 2015, 10:42:20 PM »

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...

;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Ihsaan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2088 on: January 10, 2015, 11:26:38 PM »
If anybody wants to think about how good this kid is, he currently has 2 more goals than Aston Villa in all competitions this season...

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2089 on: January 10, 2015, 11:30:59 PM »

;)

Agree, but I find Berahino a bit of a hypocrite.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2090 on: January 10, 2015, 11:36:08 PM »
Why have you got bondage chains as your avatar?
 :o
(I know really)  :P

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2091 on: January 11, 2015, 01:04:19 AM »
If anybody wants to think about how good this kid is, he currently has 2 more goals than Aston Villa in all competitions this season...

I actually did lol! Brilliant!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2092 on: January 11, 2015, 02:49:41 AM »
He was definitely M ot M today. The goal capped his performance, but overall alot of intelligent link up play, extremly good at working the ball in tight spaces, and has the pace to get away from defenders and markers. 
We are going to need his goals. Even if we got alot of money for him, I cannot see us finding a forward able to score his goals. They are certainly not going to come from our other forwards.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2093 on: January 11, 2015, 06:56:41 AM »

Villa have almost as many red cards as goals this season!

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2094 on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:10 AM »
He's also not the only twenty one year old not to be a prat! He makes loads of mistakes in his personal life but we all do so give him a break.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2095 on: January 11, 2015, 08:40:02 AM »
He's also not the only twenty one year old not to be a prat! He makes loads of mistakes in his personal life but we all do so give him a break.

Not quite, he needs to grow up and man up quick. If he doesn't his football career could be over before he blinks not to mention his liberty. Berahino is a class act, a real talent, I just hope he doesn't throw it all away being a naive, adolescent know all. There will be people advising him but they can't run his life for him. He talks like an idiot (his gangsta, childish rubbish) and at times he's acted the same. He needs to wise up and realise he's a man now, not a boy. The day he does that everyone, himself included benefits.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:57:30 AM by Atomic »

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2096 on: January 11, 2015, 10:12:52 AM »
No reason he shouldn't be involved.

His court appearance is in Runcorn so he's only 20 minutes or so away.

I will drop him off in trusted carriage if he is unable to drive himself........for a small fee! ;D
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2097 on: January 11, 2015, 03:44:32 PM »

;)

#TLMS
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2098 on: January 12, 2015, 04:58:44 PM »
serious offers this week according to Durham and his sources. Durham also said hes too good for us >:(
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2099 on: January 12, 2015, 05:01:29 PM »
serious offers this week according to Durham and his sources. Durham also said hes too good for us >:(

Durham is a bloke who wants you to get angry/ inebriated off/ etc at him so you call up.

No serious offer will come this week, anything that comes will be after his court case next week.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill