Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556450 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2025 on: January 07, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
Soldado??? Good god no!!!!!!!!!

Could not hit a barn door.........

He could before he joined Spurs - look at his record.

To be fair, so could Brown Ideye before he joined us!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2026 on: January 07, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
Maybe I'm just a "glass half full" kind of bloke, but when I read that my thought was that Harrison was trying to be helpful and imply something positive about Saido rather than open himself up for criticism.

That is the way I read it as well.

I suppose if you want to find a negative, you can.
Baggie in Southampton

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2027 on: January 07, 2015, 06:09:25 PM »

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2028 on: January 07, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
That is the way I read it as well.

I suppose if you want to find a negative, you can.

I don't think any of the comments on this point have been at all negative about Harrison or Saido. It's just that it seems we are all no nearer really knowing anything!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2029 on: January 07, 2015, 06:38:55 PM »
Yeah I heard it talked about that Spurs have said Townsend is not for sale he is part of their  plans.

Still think Lennon may be someone we are after though

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2030 on: January 07, 2015, 06:53:54 PM »
I don't think any of the comments on this point have been at all negative about Harrison or Saido. It's just that it seems we are all no nearer really knowing anything!

The problem is Nathan, everyone is looking for negatives re Berahino, from the media to the fans, yes, some worrying stuff has emerged, he is a young man making a few mistakes, it may just be better to show him some support and affection, slagging his every move will drive him away when he is potentially the best Albion forward for over 30 years.
Baggie in Southampton

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2031 on: January 07, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »
The problem is Nathan, everyone is looking for negatives re Berahino, from the media to the fans, yes, some worrying stuff has emerged, he is a young man making a few mistakes, it may just be better to show him some support and affection, slagging his every move will drive him away when he is potentially the best Albion forward for over 30 years.

Certainly agree with much of that mate, the only thing I'd like to comment on though is that I don't think everyone is actually LOOKING for negatives regarding Berahino. I think some people have reacted to the worrying stuff and have concerns but I certainly don't think people are purposely looking for problems and negatives. I think Berahino has still got the support of all Albion fans.

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2032 on: January 07, 2015, 07:18:06 PM »
Certainly agree with much of that mate, the only thing I'd like to comment on though is that I don't think everyone is actually LOOKING for negatives regarding Berahino. I think some people have reacted to the worrying stuff and have concerns but I certainly don't think people are purposely looking for problems and negatives. I think Berahino has still got the support of all Albion fans.

Well let's ALL make sure he is aware of that on Saturday

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2033 on: January 07, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
i think everyone just needs to grow up, realise he aint a perfect robot goal scoring machine like everyone wants him to be, get out of his personal life (or what you hear in the bullsh*t papers), understand hes human and made mistakes, realise he WILL make more mistakes like all of us have done or will do...

and get behind the kid!
would you smile if you were playing infront of a bunch of people who just speak negative about you?

we have such negative support, its shocking.

i couldn't give a damn if hes smiling, dancing, crying or doing backflips! if hes a west brom player and scoring goals... why get rid of him then moan because we aint got a bloody goal scorer?!

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2034 on: January 07, 2015, 07:28:26 PM »
i think everyone just needs to grow up, realise he aint a perfect robot goal scoring machine like everyone wants him to be, get out of his personal life (or what you hear in the bullsh*t papers), understand hes human and made mistakes, realise he WILL make more mistakes like all of us have done or will do...

and get behind the kid!
would you smile if you were playing infront of a bunch of people who just speak negative about you?

i couldn't give a damn if hes smiling, dancing, crying or doing backflips! if hes a west brom player and scoring goals... why get rid of him then moan because we aint got a bloody goal scorer?!

I like the cut of your jib me hearty  ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:39:05 PM by Yamaka »
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2035 on: January 07, 2015, 07:41:59 PM »
I like the cut of your jib me hearty  ;)

hahaa! hes a young kid with bags of potential and he knows where the net is, like many have already said on here before

lets hope Mr. Pulis kicks him into line and takes a liking to him before any clubs put in any serious bids  ;D

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2036 on: January 07, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »

and get behind the kid!

When have the fans been negative? I haven't heard him get a single bit of stick at any game this season or last.
I think he has had fantastic support from day one regardless of his off field issues.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2037 on: January 07, 2015, 08:20:17 PM »
When have the fans been negative? I haven't heard him get a single bit of stick at any game this season or last.
I think he has had fantastic support from day one regardless of his off field issues.

just saying from this very thread..
it seems 80% of the people on here want rid of him! when will people realise that we need points and hes the only player we have that's proved he can score goals?

i aint no genius but no goals = no wins, we need wins!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2038 on: January 07, 2015, 08:31:05 PM »
it seems 80% of the people on here want rid of him! when will people realise that we need points and hes the only player we have that's proved he can score goals?

He has disappointed a lot of people, we want him to be a home grown hero, but turns out he's just human. Don't think anyone really wants rid otherwise we would hear it on matches, people just vent their frustration on here (myself included).
I reckon he'll get a rousing reception on Saturday.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2039 on: January 07, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »
He has disappointed a lot of people, we want him to be a home grown hero, but turns out he's just human. Don't think anyone really wants rid otherwise we would hear it on matches, people just vent their frustration on here (myself included).
I reckon he'll get a rousing reception on Saturday.

Let us hope so. The best heroes IMHO are human  :)

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2040 on: January 07, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »
hahaa! hes a young kid with bags of potential and he knows where the net is, like many have already said on here before

lets hope Mr. Pulis kicks him into line and takes a liking to him before any clubs put in any serious bids  ;D

That comment of yours is EXACTLY what everyone else on here has said in regards to Berahino's future! NOBODY has been saying they want him out for no good reason. We all want him to get a good kick up the backside and get his act together. What you've just said is NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOVER to anything said by the 80% of people who you have accused of being negative.

Marcus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2041 on: January 07, 2015, 08:37:36 PM »
How about we get behind him on Saturday with a chant of :
He smiles when he wants
He smiles when he wants
Saido Berahino
He smiles when he wants  :D

Would at least show we've still got a sense of humour.....
Unspoilt By Progress

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2042 on: January 07, 2015, 08:44:55 PM »

I think most fans REALLY want SB to stay but IF a offer of over £20 million from liverpool or spurs does materialise i worry what his reaction on the pitch would be, has his temperament of late has let him down.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2043 on: January 07, 2015, 09:09:47 PM »
I think most fans REALLY want SB to stay but IF a offer of over £20 million from liverpool or spurs does materialise i worry what his reaction on the pitch would be, has his temperament of late has let him down.

So how would you behave? And whilst you're measuring the pros and cons spare a thought for those who might think differently. ..

yorkshire baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2044 on: January 07, 2015, 09:13:18 PM »
Most of us would have given anything to play for our beloved football club and therefore when you see Saido earning massive wages and giving the impression he is doing us all a favour by turning out for us, it gets very annoying...score a hat trick at the hawthorns and not celebrate...just let him go, take the money and run.
Invest in someone who gives a toss. Sorry but can't abide him - the attitude stinks.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2045 on: January 07, 2015, 09:20:06 PM »
I saw Eminike a few months ago and was very impressed. Spurs are sniffing around apparently........

Might be an idea that Mr Burton went to see him for real, but thoughts??????

Would cost us ~£15 million. If Berahino went for mega money then sure, but doubt it otherwise.

He/him

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2046 on: January 07, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »
Most of us would have given anything to play for our beloved football club and therefore when you see Saido earning massive wages and giving the impression he is doing us all a favour by turning out for us, it gets very annoying...score a hat trick at the hawthorns and not celebrate...just let him go, take the money and run.
Invest in someone who gives a toss. Sorry but can't abide him - the attitude stinks.
so basically the reason you want to sell him is because you're jealous?

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2047 on: January 07, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »

With regards to his wages he could be crocked next game putting him in the same job market as the rest of us.  As far as him caring for the club - relationships are a two way thing.  Who should we give a toss about? Surely not someone who judges him asguilty by default?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:30:05 PM by Yamaka »

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2048 on: January 07, 2015, 09:25:31 PM »
so basically the reason you want to sell him is because you're jealous?

Not sure it's jealousy, more that people are envious of his position and disagree with how he is acting while being in that position.

He/him

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2049 on: January 07, 2015, 09:43:17 PM »
I am quite sure envy does not come into it . Football professionals have been getting too much money for way too long . We now accept because basically there ain't nothing we can do about it . What we disagree with is the possible ingratitude that he seems to show. The spat with james Morrison , the hippy crack episode and now this drink driving case . On top of that why the sourpuss face . People can only comment on what they see . It's up to the lad himself to get his act together .