Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556463 times)

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1975 on: January 06, 2015, 11:32:28 PM »
I agree, fingers crossed

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1976 on: January 06, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
Do this deal and then spend the whole budget on a striker!!!

Do this deal (net nil), sign Defoe (say £6m) and either Crouch (say £1m) or Lambert (say £4m), which leaves plenty to sign a holding midfielder, Huth and the Japanese left back.

Sell Brown Ideye to Newcastle or Sunderland (£6m) plus Morrison or Dorrans (£4m) and we should be nicely done!

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1977 on: January 06, 2015, 11:41:20 PM »
How about just bidding for them? Keep Saido, and. Spend the budget on the midfield and a CB? We have samaras, Vic, Saido, ideye, Nabi brothers? No need for another, or.... Dump samaras, sell Vic cheap, ad bring in Defoe and lambert, Lennon and Dembele/Townsend/ bolasie/salah
Stick Together Through Thick And Thin

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1978 on: January 06, 2015, 11:44:37 PM »
How about just bidding for them? Keep Saido, and. Spend the budget on the midfield and a CB? We have samaras, Vic, Saido, ideye, Nabi brothers? No need for another, or.... Dump samaras, sell Vic cheap, ad bring in Defoe and lambert, Lennon and Dembele/Townsend/ bolasie/salah
Salah's a waste as he has his Egyptian army sentence to serve does he not?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1979 on: January 06, 2015, 11:55:32 PM »
Thinking about it, JP won't sanction spending £6m on Defoe with very limited sell- on value.  More likely to sanction paying more for Danny Ings, which I would love to see.

Buy Lennon, Townsend, Ings and Lambert (circa £25m total)

Sell Berahino, Vic, Brown Ideye and Samares (circa £25m total)

That's the wingers and strikers sorted for net nil.

Still £30m (apparently) left.....

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1980 on: January 06, 2015, 11:59:04 PM »
Am I being dumb or do people want us to play with two right wingers?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1981 on: January 06, 2015, 11:59:45 PM »
Apparently we've offered berahino for lennon and Townsend, would take that tbh

Aren't you ITK? Have you heard anything of the sort from your source?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1982 on: January 07, 2015, 12:01:14 AM »
Am I being dumb or do people want us to play with two right wingers?

Varela on the left - competition for places !

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1983 on: January 07, 2015, 12:08:15 AM »
Spurs offered Berahino

Spurs are being offered striker Saido Berahino in exchange for Andros Townsend and Aaron Lennon.

New West Brom boss Tony Pulis is willing to cash in on top scorer Berahino to fund an overhaul of his squad.

He wants two new wingers to provide pace and power down either flank and sees the Spurs pair as the answer.

Although Berahino is Albion’s top scorer this term with 13 goals and has been called up by England they have put new contract talks on hold.

The club have been frustrated by his attitude and time-keeping, and yesterday he was charged with drink-driving on the M6 in October, and will appear in court on January 19.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-latest-news-4925625

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/spurs-offered-saido-berahino-west-4928812
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:10:46 AM by addy »

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1984 on: January 07, 2015, 12:13:27 AM »
Varela on the left - competition for places !

Two England full internationals competing for a place at West Brom - happy days! Or fantasy island?

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1985 on: January 07, 2015, 12:16:11 AM »
What an exciting prospect, with maybe Defoe up or Ings up front. The club feels refreshed and I feel more confident that we will stay(pending signings)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1986 on: January 07, 2015, 12:22:00 AM »
Two England full internationals competing for a place at West Brom - happy days! Or fantasy island?

Personally I would take just one of them plus Jarvis and leave more to spend on strikers ie Defoe.

I wonder whether Levy would sell Soldado as part of the deal?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1987 on: January 07, 2015, 12:22:17 AM »
I'd love to see it but I can't see it being true. I will believe it when they are on the official website scarves aloft.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1988 on: January 07, 2015, 12:48:55 AM »
This would be awful business on our part.

As the article says, Levy would want Berahino AND cash for Lennon & Townsend. As a conservative estimate, let's say we rate Berahino at 15 million pounds. That means Spurs are valuing Townsend and Lennon as being worth that, plus they want us to pay more on top. Not a chance that happens, with other clubs in for Berahino at around the 20 million mark.

Add to that, They'd be on a combined 100k a week, Berahino's new deal was reported as 12k a week, so we'd be paying money and 10 times the wages of Berahino.

And there is also no way Peace would pay the combined wages for one of the two to be sat on the bench. .

Either of them would be a great addition as either a stand-alone deal on our part, or as part of a deal for Berahino where we get cash as well, but the mooted deal would be terrible business on our part.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1989 on: January 07, 2015, 01:02:18 AM »
Articles about trade deals are almost always made up, there's regularly articles about them, but really the amount of transfers that involve a player exchange, yet alone 3 players is incredibly small. Where they do exist its usually low key players, certainly not major transfers like proposed here.

Even then there's virtually no chance we would a) sell Berahino for what amounts to about 15m, and b) Exchange him for 2 players so we receive no money, presumably use all our wages available, and are left without a sriker.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1990 on: January 07, 2015, 01:22:31 AM »
Agreed absolute fantasy from the Mirror.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1991 on: January 07, 2015, 08:26:13 AM »
do it
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1992 on: January 07, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »
If we sell him for two wingers and a defender who will score the goals

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1993 on: January 07, 2015, 08:40:45 AM »
If the rumour was true I would be happy to do the swap based on the belief that we would sign a replacement striker.

In reality though, cannot see such deal happening, relying on 3 players to agree to the move, more wages to pay for us, plus the expectance to have to replace Berahino still which means we would be paying 100k more a week and then the wages of a new striker, all to replace one lad.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1994 on: January 07, 2015, 09:04:00 AM »
Its not just replacing one lad though is it!! Its putting some real quality into the squad that we are lacking and using the money from him to overhaul this squad.

Lennon and Townsend would be 2 players we should be going for anyway aswell as Defoe.

If we lost Berahino and signed the above I would be ecstatic not happy
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1995 on: January 07, 2015, 09:12:35 AM »
Amazing if we could get Lennon and Townsend.
Go the whole Hogg and get Defoe and Crouch as well.Sessegnon behind those four and one new central midfielder and Bingo we are ready to beat Birmingham in the cup

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1996 on: January 07, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
Its not just replacing one lad though is it!! Its putting some real quality into the squad that we are lacking and using the money from him to overhaul this squad.

Lennon and Townsend would be 2 players we should be going for anyway aswell as Defoe.

If we lost Berahino and signed the above I would be ecstatic not happy

Yeah I agree with you, they would both improve us massively, but from a JP point of view he will look at it like this.

Berahino - wages 12-15k a week
Townsend and Lennon - easily 100k a week

That means we are already spending around 85k a week more in wages, plus the need to replace Berahino, which would probably cost realistically 6-10 million for someone half decent, whos wages would also be around 50k-60k.

Just cannot see that happening if im honest, JP signing 3 players on 50k+ a week contracts in January, a month we hardly ever strengthen.

Dont get me wrong though, I would love it to happen.

If we replaced Berahino with Townsend, Lennon and say Defoe, and it only cost us wages plus around 6 million in money, I would be jumping for joy.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1997 on: January 07, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
has anyone noticed that he's in court the day we play Everton ?

guessing he won't be involved in the squad that day

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1998 on: January 07, 2015, 09:23:56 AM »
If Peace is true to his word Berahino won't be going anywhere this month.  We don't win enough games as it is without selling the only player who can score regular goals.

If this does happen then i'd rate Townsend at about 6 million and Lennon at 4 million so it would still take a sizeable transfer fee as well.

I don't think this would be a wise career move for Berahino either. He would be playing second fiddle to Harry Kane for the forward role and would end up playing out wide.

If we want to cash in then fair enough, but leave it till the summer.

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1999 on: January 07, 2015, 09:30:41 AM »
No reason he shouldn't be involved.

His court appearance is in Runcorn so he's only 20 minutes or so away.