Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556480 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1900 on: January 06, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
Someone at the club needs to set up a meeting between Saido Berahino and Lee Hughes.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1901 on: January 06, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-30698990

West Brom striker Saido Berahino has been charged with drink-driving.

The 21-year-old was arrested by Cheshire Police after being stopped near junction 20 of the southbound M6 in the early hours of 22 October.

He will appear before North Cheshire magistrates in Runcorn on 19 January.

The England Under-21 international has scored 13 times in 24 appearances for the Baggies this season, sparking rumours of a big-money transfer to a top Premier League club.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:31:01 PM by Morany »
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1902 on: January 06, 2015, 01:32:31 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-30698990

West Brom striker Saido Berahino has been charged with drink-driving.

The 21-year-old was arrested by Cheshire Police after being stopped near junction 20 of the southbound M6 in the early hours of 22 October.

He will appear before North Cheshire magistrates in Runcorn on 19 January.

The England Under-21 international has scored 13 times in 24 appearances for the Baggies this season, sparking rumours of a big-money transfer to a top Premier League club.

Closer to his new Liverpool home
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1903 on: January 06, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
He needs to learn some respect and humility in quadruple doses.

You'd think he'd have it in droves being from where he's from and what he's been through.

Instead he probably thinks he's the second coming.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1904 on: January 06, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »
Makes JP's decision to suspend contract talks look a great decision. Seems a bit hungrier at the moment.
Baggie in Southampton

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1905 on: January 06, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
It's certainly not Irvine's fault as Saido has had a few problems at other clubs as well. I'm just highlighting the fact that working under a stronger manager / head coach could benefit the lad.

On another note, I find it absolutely incredible that we have a young lad come through the academy who is a natural goalscorer at the highest level, something we've been wanting for years, and yet all people want to do is criticise him. Yes he has problems but enjoy him on the pitch while we can. Don't force another superb striker out of this club because you don't like him as a person.

From everyone of the 63 pages on Berahino on here, I cant see one single post that has criticised him. Albion fans DO NOT WANT to criticise him, some are just expressing their dismay and disappointment at his numerous examples of possible attitude problems. This is perfectly natural, it is upsetting to see a player of undoubted natural talent maybe going in the direction of throwing it all away. Every single Albion fan who has commented on here wants the best for him,for our club and for his personal demons to disappear for good. I have not heard of one single outburst against Berahino during any match. Albion fans HAVE fully supported him.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1906 on: January 06, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »
Well this will probably mean nobody will touch him this window.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1907 on: January 06, 2015, 01:50:01 PM »
Is it any wonder he has no discipline working for losers like Alan Irvine?

Tony Pulis has a track record of working with troublesome characters, some probably a lot worse than a kid who doesn't smile when he scores. I have total confidence in Pulis to get the best out of a very talented young lad.

Irvine worked with him for 6 months, Berahino's attitude dates much further back than that, such as when he got sent back from a loan spell at Brentford by Uwe Rosler nearly 3 years ago.  An 18 year old getting sent back from a loan spell is really poor.

Hopefully Pulis will straighten him out but this kid doesn't seem to learn from mistakes, or even think he needs to.
"This crack is really moreish."

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1908 on: January 06, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
What an idiot. Obviously he's only been charged at this stage and has not yet been proven guilty, but presumably that's only a matter of time. I have no respect for anyone who drink-drives and endangers other people's lives. Stupid, selfish boy.

In answer to the people who want to know why we're not all up his backside and signing his praises, this is a fairly good example of why.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:13:59 PM by maccbaggie »

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1909 on: January 06, 2015, 01:50:55 PM »
Makes JP's decision to suspend contract talks look a great decision. Seems a bit hungrier at the moment.

Thats a very good point. Although the driving offence will have some bearing on it, Berahinos attitude and lateness will certainly not have gone unnoticed by JP.
Why reward an arrogant and surly player who turns up late on matchdays?

It makes me even more annoyed when fans abuse Brunt and Morrison, two great clubmen and loyal servants.

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1910 on: January 06, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »
If Saido's in court on 19 Jan, everything will be sorted out with at least 10 days of the transfer window left... meaning that TP and Jeremy can ship him out during this transfer window and line up the necessary replacements in good time - if that is what they want to do.

Of course, if he's in jail (could get 6 months!) then they'll still have time to make alternative arrangements.

This is pure conjecture, but I'm sure the timings are significant. As I understood it, the hearing was originally slated to take place in February.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:15:52 PM by The Stroller »

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1911 on: January 06, 2015, 02:19:03 PM »
The club needs to work with Saido to identify a suitable mentor whom Saido will respect and listen to, and to guide him how to avoid becoming the next Ravel Morrison, and how to get the best out if his career. 

Somebody like Ian Wright or Alan Shearer springs to mind.

This goes way beyond what's best for West Brom the club but if its successful then everyone wins.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1912 on: January 06, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »
If Saido's in court on 19 Jan, everything will be sorted out with at least 10 days of the transfer window left... meaning that TP and Jeremy can ship him out during this transfer window and line up the necessary replacements in good time - if that is what they want to do.

Of course, if he's in jail (could get 6 months!) then they'll still have time to make alternative arrangements.

This is pure conjecture, but I'm sure the timings are significant. As I understood it, the hearing was originally slated to take place in February.

He won't go to jail if it's simply drink driving, just a driving ban and a fine...at least, that's what everyone who appears on Motorway Cops gets :D

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1913 on: January 06, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
He won't go to jail if it's simply drink driving, just a driving ban and a fine...at least, that's what everyone who appears on Motorway Cops gets :D

Not true.  Drink driving at 110 mph is a far more serious offence than just being over the limit.

A court COULD jail him, even if only for a week or two to send a clear message.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1914 on: January 06, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »
He will more than likely be given a huge fine and a ban.

Cant see him getting jail time if im honest.

Just hope the thought of jail time might just be the wake up call the lad needs.

Seriously confuses me how someone can preach so much about faith and belief in god and humble for his opportunities, yet be so silly at the same time.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1915 on: January 06, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »

Depends if they want to make an example of someone in the public eye. I agree, 99.9% of the time for a first drink drive offence, it would be a ban and a fine. There is the always the chance though that the courts might wish to make an example of Berahino as if to send a message out to the youngsters and impressionable people out there that this is a potentially very serious offence with grave consequences and that someone famous, in his position and who is looked up to by many should have known better.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1916 on: January 06, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »
Depends if they want to make an example of someone in the public eye. I agree, 99.9% of the time for a first drink drive offence, it would be a ban and a fine. There is the always the chance though that the courts might wish to make an example of Berahino as if to send a message out to the youngsters and impressionable people out there that this is a potentially very serious offence with grave consequences and that someone famous, in his position and who is looked up to by many should have known better.

In my opinion that shouldn't come into it, everyone should be treated by the justice system equally. But that's for an entirely different debate!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1917 on: January 06, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »

Exactly - that alone should be making him think a lot more about his actions.

To be fair, the threat of jail plus all the court case publicity must also be weighing heavily on his mind and could well be the direct cause of his subsequent moody behaviour.  Any of us would feel stressed in that situation and stress affects different people in different ways.  He may be struggling to sleep, which could be a cause for being late for matches.

The sooner this is done and dusted and he can get on with his football, the better, but with the lesson well and truly learned that he risks throwing it all away.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1918 on: January 06, 2015, 02:42:25 PM »
The club needs to work with Saido to identify a suitable mentor whom Saido will respect and listen to, and to guide him how to avoid becoming the next Ravel Morrison, and how to get the best out if his career. 

Somebody like Ian Wright or Alan Shearer springs to mind.

This goes way beyond what's best for West Brom the club but if its successful then everyone wins.

how about Big Dave Darren Moore, ok won't help him on the pitch but would probably help him a lot more off the pitch.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1919 on: January 06, 2015, 02:43:33 PM »

Just hope the thought of jail time might just be the wake up call the lad needs.

Seriously confuses me how someone can preach so much about faith and belief in god and humble for his opportunities, yet be so silly at the same time.
The guy's an idiot. Preaches about God and then puts the lives of other people in danger due to his own selfishness and stupidity.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1920 on: January 06, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »
Big Dave for mentor, whack him for a couple of hundred hours community service (enforced properly, working with kids or something), the biggest fine possible, two or three year driving ban and a six month suspended sentence.

Job done (I hate that phrase)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1921 on: January 06, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »

Just depends if he turns up at court on time  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1922 on: January 06, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »
Not suprised he didnt smile the other day when he scored 4 goals knowing he had a court appearance coming up. Hopefully he will finally learn his lesson. Prehaps he needs to step away from some of his friends who might not be a great influence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1923 on: January 06, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »
how about Big Dave Darren Moore, ok won't help him on the pitch but would probably help him a lot more off the pitch.

there is some merit in this Big dave is a religious guy and could maybe get through to saido in a way which a relatively elderly, white, non-religous guy (AI / S.Clarke / TP / lee hughes) maybe would not. Just a thought.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1924 on: January 06, 2015, 03:00:43 PM »
there is some merit in this Big dave is a religious guy and could maybe get through to saido in a way which a relatively elderly, white, non-religous guy (AI / S.Clarke / TP / lee hughes) maybe would not. Just a thought.

You beat me to it Albionic! I was just thinking that I was liking what I was reading about the Big Dave angle. I agree, if anyone can get into SB's head in a positive way and maybe relate to SB's religious side then it would be Big Dave. A nicer, more placid,caring bloke you couldn't wish to meet. Darren Moore would be perfect and I'm sure he would jump at the chance to help out in this situation.