Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556624 times)

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1725 on: January 03, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
Id have been more worried if none of the players went to celebrate with him. I think everyone bar myhill went to him for all the goals.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1726 on: January 03, 2015, 09:44:16 PM »
Id have been more worried if none of the players went to celebrate with him. I think everyone bar myhill went to him for all the goals.
Yes they did and congratulated him well enough.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1727 on: January 03, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »
So in effect, Saido is getting a lot of stick that he wouldn't have been getting if he didn't score four (or even one) goal today.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1728 on: January 03, 2015, 09:50:18 PM »
I have no problem with low key celebrations, we were playing a non league team. The least we could do was show them some respect for their endeavours.
I had been in favour of selling him but after those finishes we would lose a great talent and have no one to replace him. If he scores another 5-10 by the end of the year his value will increase dramatically and we will have the summer for a replacement if needed.

baggielad82

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1729 on: January 03, 2015, 09:53:29 PM »
Maybe he's adopted Balotelli attitude....doesn't celebrate for doing his job!
I'm watching you Ghandi!!!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1730 on: January 03, 2015, 10:06:50 PM »
So in effect, Saido is getting a lot of stick that he wouldn't have been getting if he didn't score four (or even one) goal today.

Great point!

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1731 on: January 03, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
I'm not going to read too much into today but in all honestly I think the majority of us haven't warmed to him as a man, he should be a cult hero but I've never thought about him that way, he will leave sooner rather then later and we will miss his ability on the field, but fingers crossed we find a winning formula without him.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1732 on: January 03, 2015, 10:20:03 PM »
From what I've read on this thread about SB's non celebration, to be fair, I haven't seen that he has received "stick" in my opinion.

In the main there have been observations, mine included, on his overall body language that has been questioned and rightly so.

He is a talent, one that we would miss if he were sold. But there must be reasons for halting contract talks with him and leaks from the dressing room about his attitude, if they are to be believed.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1733 on: January 03, 2015, 10:22:45 PM »
From The Guardian. Even they have picked up on potential trouble regarding Saido:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/03/west-bromwich-albion-gateshead-fa-cup-third-round-match-report

Saido Berahino bolstered his transfer value with a four-goal haul, including an 11-minute hat-trick, as West Bromwich Albion gave Tony Pulis the ideal welcome party with an emphatic victory.

The new manager at The Hawthorns now has the task of bringing a smile to the player either by rehabilitating the £23m rated striker or by cashing in on him now that his barren run is over.

etc.

Do note the pic with the players celebrating with Saido.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:28:56 PM by GrGr »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1734 on: January 03, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
has mozza got his finger in saido's eye ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

rogerstubbs

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1735 on: January 03, 2015, 10:45:02 PM »
What has happened with saido's speeding/drink driving case?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1736 on: January 03, 2015, 10:59:56 PM »
What has happened with saido's speeding/drink driving case?

Gone very quiet, may not be as straight forward as some would like to believe.
Baggie in Southampton

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1737 on: January 03, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »
Maybe it was the team's collective way of acknowledging their guilt that their poor performances had cost AI his job and that they shouldn't be celebrating an easy win against a non league side?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1738 on: January 03, 2015, 11:10:17 PM »
Tony Pulis said "you should go and see him in the dressing room, he's more happy in there".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30669567

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1739 on: January 03, 2015, 11:18:26 PM »
Just watching Match of the Day. An extremely low key celebration but in fairness, Anichibe looked every bit as miserable after he scored as well.

Brunt and Morrisson seemed happy alright. 

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1740 on: January 03, 2015, 11:22:21 PM »
Just watching Match of the Day. An extremely low key celebration but in fairness, Anichibe looked every bit as miserable after he scored as well.

Brunt and Morrisson seemed happy alright.
.  Which pair have been told they are going ?

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1741 on: January 03, 2015, 11:26:15 PM »
Anyone see his photo on instagram of his match ball? message on there saying £23 million, tongue in cheek or something we don't know maybe?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1742 on: January 03, 2015, 11:28:40 PM »
.  Which pair have been told they are going ?

Brunt and Morrison I reckon have been told they are available but don't want to go, Berahino wants to go but only at our price rather than at his price, and Anichebe fed up because he was injured again and had wanted to come off!

But I may be wrong!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1743 on: January 03, 2015, 11:38:06 PM »
Maybe it was the team's collective way of acknowledging their guilt that their poor performances had cost AI his job and that they shouldn't be celebrating an easy win against a non league side?

The players didn't cost Irvine his job, he was an awful head coach, manager whatever. It was inevitable he would be sacked.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggies97

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1744 on: January 03, 2015, 11:55:21 PM »
I don't think there's any problem with him not celebrating - no one bar Morrison really did - but he looked almost upset he'd scored, the other players at least smiled! Having said that, main thing of course is the goals, and from the analysis shown on motd he showed good spacial awareness, especially for the first goal just waiting at the back post for his chance.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1745 on: January 03, 2015, 11:59:17 PM »
The players didn't cost Irvine his job, he was an awful head coach, manager whatever. It was inevitable he would be sacked.

Yes, but even this squad under him has underperformed by at least 6 points.  If they hadn't, then AI would no doubt have survived for another 4-6 weeks minimum.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1746 on: January 04, 2015, 12:00:37 AM »

So the players don't shoulder a part of the blame even though they are the professionals who are sent out to do a job and are putting in pathetic performances.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1747 on: January 04, 2015, 12:49:52 AM »
Anyone see his photo on instagram of his match ball? message on there saying £23 million, tongue in cheek or something we don't know maybe?

I noticed that. Couldn't make out the signature, wonder if it's JP lol.

Also noticed his latest tweet:

The smile on my mum face when i gave her the match ball PRICELESS, and please let me breath, im only HUMAN!! #tooquick #toojudge

It's hard not to read into things when celebrities put things out in public.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1748 on: January 04, 2015, 12:58:48 AM »
So the players don't shoulder a part of the blame even though they are the professionals who are sent out to do a job and are putting in pathetic performances.

They were sent out with no confidence, a flawed gameplan that was ruined if the other team scored. No I actually do absolve them of all blame. Seriously.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1749 on: January 04, 2015, 01:22:28 AM »
Tony Pulis said "you should go and see him in the dressing room, he's more happy in there".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30669567

Cheers for that, I hadn't seen it. If he'd whipped his shirt off and swung it round his head he'd have looked a right plonker. So whatever, we'll see what happens. Hope TP can manage him well and keep him happy at the hawthorns.