Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556517 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1625 on: January 01, 2015, 07:56:04 PM »
Little too much attitude when he came off for me, was swaggering and muttering and then threw away the jumper which was given him.  He even sat on his seat like a spoilt juvenile

I can't wait for the day when Tony Pulis kicks his backside into gear.

He either drops the attitude or he won't play. I'm sure it will be made that simple to him.

Pulis didn't look best pleased when the camera turned to his face.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1626 on: January 01, 2015, 08:02:18 PM »
I can't wait for the day when Tony Pulis kicks his backside into gear.

He either drops the attitude or he won't play. I'm sure it will be made that simple to him.

Pulis didn't look best pleased when the camera turned to his face.

Same as Liam!. Looks like the days of the Comfort Zone boys will be coming to an end.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1627 on: January 01, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »
Difficult one. He has to have the same group discipline, but we don't want to push him towards the exit door, when he is by far the best finisher at the club. I cannot see our other forwards slotting away his chance today so clinically, as it was not as easy as it looked. If he hadn't scored we'd be discussing a 0-1 defeat now.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Ben1983

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1628 on: January 01, 2015, 08:17:45 PM »
Or you can look at things in a different light, he's disappointed as he wants to play?

Sometimes the media like to make a mountain out of a mole hill!
WestBrom.com FC Number 10

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1629 on: January 01, 2015, 08:24:29 PM »
Difficult one. He has to have the same group discipline, but we don't want to push him towards the exit door, when he is by far the best finisher at the club. I cannot see our other forwards slotting away his chance today so clinically, as it was not as easy as it looked. If he hadn't scored we'd be discussing a 0-1 defeat now.

Im with Alex im really torn i hope Pulis brings the best out of him hes obviously frustrated he isnt getting serious game time for us at the moment and i can understand it the problem we have is we have paid 10 mill for a similiar type player so naturally they will rotate, Im hoping he knuckles down under pulis and becomes a dominant force hes finishing really is top 4 however hes attitude is well documented i hope he does good and has a solid second peroid to the season i wouldnt want him to leave just yet.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1630 on: January 01, 2015, 08:32:39 PM »
That goal today may have put another million on his price tag!  ;D

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1631 on: January 01, 2015, 08:37:25 PM »
I think, as with all the players, TP's call for 'unity' will soon come into full effect.

It's going to be shape up or ship out all round I reckon.

At last a bulldog.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1632 on: January 01, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »
That goal today may have put another million on his price tag!  ;D

Why so eager to get money for him ? For a replacement that probably wont be 25% as good and prolific, Dont understand that the guy is still scoring goals for us important goals and for that hes an important member of our team.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1633 on: January 01, 2015, 10:31:56 PM »
As with a couple of previous comments, I was disappointed to see Berahino's childish behaviour when he was substituted today. It's all well and good and I can totally understand a player maybe not being happy at being hauled off but this looked like another show of complete petulance from a silly little boy. I can't make my mind up over Berahino's future. Possibly Pulis can kick his backside and get him to grow up and mature but I think the better option could well be to cash in right now while we still can.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1634 on: January 01, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »
Could it be the Odemwingie influence from the past?

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1635 on: January 01, 2015, 10:49:21 PM »
Why so eager to get money for him ? For a replacement that probably wont be 25% as good and prolific, Dont understand that the guy is still scoring goals for us important goals and for that hes an important member of our team.
I don't want to get rid of him, it was meant as an ironic comment. Whilst he is a goal scorer not happy with the petulance he showed when subbed. It's a team game, disappointed or not he has to accept decisions made by management as we have to whether they are perceived as being  right or wrong

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1636 on: January 01, 2015, 10:49:40 PM »
Could it be the Odemwingie influence from the past?

Stands a very good chance. Berahino's mind and opinions have no doubt been swayed somewhat by listening to Odemwingie and possibly other influences. Someone such as Berahino who has obviously and maybe understandably got a few issues psychologically will always be affected by the opinions of so called seniors. If he does stay, if anybody can sort his head out, I'd like to think Pulis can.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1637 on: January 01, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
Uncle Roy needs to have a word....grow up or forget international honours !

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1638 on: January 01, 2015, 11:20:27 PM »
There were rumours he didn't make his debut for Enfland because Hodgson wasn't impressed with his attitude. Only rumours though

He/him

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1639 on: January 01, 2015, 11:21:57 PM »
Uncle Roy needs to have a word....grow up or forget international honours !

I'd like to think that maybe Roy pulled him to one side and had a good talk to Saido during the last England squad get together. This might not be enough, he strikes me as the sort of player who needs support and guidance on a daily basis, like I said before, if anyone can man-manage him and get the best out of him I think Pulis can....If it's not too late and his future away from the club is not already decided.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1640 on: January 02, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »
There were rumours he didn't make his debut for Enfland because Hodgson wasn't impressed with his attitude. Only rumours though
Micky Quinn on talksport said the same. He heard that SB was annoying players with the way he was swaggering around the training camp, it was the reason he didn't get on against Scotland. Could be a crock of s......

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1641 on: January 02, 2015, 08:29:29 AM »
Micky Quinn on talksport said the same. He heard that SB was annoying players with the way he was swaggering around the training camp, it was the reason he didn't get on against Scotland. Could be a crock of s......

People probably making up rumours, or trying to add 1+1 together and getting something different. Its known to many that Berahino has an element of cockiness about him, media probably creating stories as he didnt get game time.

On the flip side, it could be 100% true as we all know, he does have an element of cockiness about him, and if the stories are true it wouldnt really come as a shock to many of us would it.

I think we will see 1 of 2 things happen with Pulis in charge, a change of attitiude from Saido, or the exit door/bench.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1642 on: January 02, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »
Too much is being made of his reaction to being subbed. Yes he was disappointed and shook his head whilst sitting on the bench. That's a good thing, you want players to be annoyed as not being on the pitch! Pulis should be able to bring the best out of him, but time will tell.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1643 on: January 02, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »
Did he ever go and thank Sessegnon for laying it on for him....seemed more interested in thanking someone up in the sky.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1644 on: January 02, 2015, 11:32:57 AM »
Did he ever go and thank Sessegnon for laying it on for him....seemed more interested in thanking someone up in the sky.
That's the first thing i saw , i think he will either improve hugely under Pulis or be gone fairly quickly.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1645 on: January 02, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »
Yeah I noticed that aswell, quick to congratulate someone up in the sky who didn't stop him drink driving and speeding in the early hours of the morning but couldn't turn round and thank a guy who teed him up for an easy goal and gave him some more limelight.

He may have scored but the guy is an arrogant, ignorant selfish boy, he needs to become a team player before he goes to any 'BIG' clubs or he will get found out very quickly

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1646 on: January 03, 2015, 10:09:59 AM »
Don't dare sell your only goal scorer
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1647 on: January 03, 2015, 10:15:55 AM »

I'd be happy to take the risk. He is more a penalty scorer than goal scorer. The money that comes in would be reinvested and TP would not see us without the required amount of strikers.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1648 on: January 03, 2015, 10:16:53 AM »

UNLESS you are able to replace him with a proven goalscorer.

Jermaine Defoe anyone?    Sell Saido for £20m, buy Defoe for £6m.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1649 on: January 03, 2015, 10:25:28 AM »
Do not sell your top scorer mid season.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.