Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 267226 times)

Webby

• Senior Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »
I watch all boxing. I subscribe to Boxnation and watch the lot.

I will NOT pay for this fight though. I already pay to subscribe to Sky Sports so why should I have to pay again? Not going to happen. I'm not going to be taken for a complete and utter fool.

The fight is being overhyped as well. These two are not P4P 1 and 2 anymore not with Golovkin, Kovalev and Ward around, both fighters are past their best.

Ward hasn't fought for 2 years so he is no where near top of p4p list at this moment. Fighting Paul Smith is pointless I know he needs a warm up fight but still.

Golovkin unsure of still never really fought a big name but they all seem to avoid him so night well say something.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2015, 11:22:20 AM »
Ward hasn't fought for 2 years so he is no where near top of p4p list at this moment. Fighting Paul Smith is pointless I know he needs a warm up fight but still.

Golovkin unsure of still never really fought a big name but they all seem to avoid him so night well say something.

That's because there aren't any in his weight division. Cotto would be a possiblity but he's a blown up middleweight and Golovkin would beat him easily.

Golovkin is not big for his weight so I don't see him moving up and I can't see the likes of Ward or Froch moving down to face him.

For me Kovalev is best of the lot at the moment.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2015, 12:15:06 PM »
You won't get a working stream for this once the bell rings.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »
Mayweather is still the number one in the division without a shadow of a doubt for me.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2015, 09:49:57 AM »
Surely going to points?

Put money on Pac throwing over 650 punches and a split decision so fingers crossed

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:33 AM »
Mayweather is still the number one in the division without a shadow of a doubt for me.

I think both Keith Thurman and Amir Khan can beat the 2015 version of Mayweather.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »
what ever happens, it will be a controversial decision and therefore justify a re-match.
Too much money for it to be otherwise

Personally, I go Pacqiou on a split decision.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2015, 10:08:32 AM »

I think both Keith Thurman and Amir Khan can beat the 2015 version of Mayweather.

Not a chance.  Khan can trouble him with his speed but caught square on the chin just once and its game over for Khan.  I can see why he wants Mayweather though because Mayweather isn't a hard hitter and tends to win most of his fights on points.  Khan needs to be selective with his fights.  He wont fight Thurman or Kell Brook who would both clean him out inside 6 rounds.

Mayweather would beat all those mentioned above because he is too tricky.  I expect him to edge Pacquiao on points, maybe even a split decision.  Although I would like Pacquiao to win.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »

Not a chance.  Khan can trouble him with his speed but caught square on the chin just once and its game over for Khan.  I can see why he wants Mayweather though because Mayweather isn't a hard hitter and tends to win most of his fights on points.  Khan needs to be selective with his fights.  He wont fight Thurman or Kell Brook who would both clean him out inside 6 rounds.

Mayweather would beat all those mentioned above because he is too tricky.  I expect him to edge Pacquiao on points, maybe even a split decision.  Although I would like Pacquiao to win.

We'll have to agree to disagree then mate. Mayweather isn't the fighter he was a few years back, he's cherry picked his opposition for a while now. Khan is better than ever and Thurman is a class act who can become one of the pound for pound kings in  a year or two.

The Pacquiao fight should've happened four years ago when both were at their peaks. Both have declined but I think Pacquiao has declined more than Mayweather has and as Mayweather is the bigger man i don't see him having too much trouble on Saturday.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2015, 10:30:34 AM »
How much is the fight to purchase?
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »
How much is the fight to purchase?
£20 on sky, but I think the actual fight (not the hype) starts at some ridiculous time
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
If you're going to buy it do it before Saturday as they stick another £5 on if you buy on the day
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2015, 11:08:13 AM »
£20 on sky, but I think the actual fight (not the hype) starts at some ridiculous time

It'll start at somewhere between 3 and 4 AM I should think.

Boxnation have these shows on almost every week.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2015, 11:09:28 AM »
I cannot wait for this fight on Saturday.

Its going to be a great one. Tough to call a winner but id like Pacquiao to win

Whatever happens nothing can deflect the fact that Mayweather is a legend of the ring. Khan isnt even in the same league as these guys and never will be......his jaw isnt strong enough to be a top top fighter

Might be going to the 02 on 30th May for the Kell Brook fight....
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »

Wheres that " this is why aliens dont come to visit us " meme, I joke i do think khan looked at hes best in hes last fight but money man is just on a different level im afraid.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2015, 04:57:36 PM »
Kahn is up there with the best of them at 147, however he has yet to be tested against anyone with any power at that level which might eventually be his undoing, Thurman will take Floyds welterweight crown once he has hung up his gloves.

As for Saturday I’d love to see Manny win but I just can’t see past a Mayweather points victory.
"This crack is really moreish."

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »
I watch all boxing. I subscribe to Boxnation and watch the lot.

Me too, absolutely love my BoxNation subscription, such as shame they didn't get this fight although I heard they pushed Sky pretty close, would have done wonders for the channel.  A pity as well considering they are the ones that have been showing all of Pacquiao's and Mayweather's fights for the last few years, while Sky have largely wiped their hands of international fights.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »
I know people are fed up already with polls, but would it be possible for one of the admin to set up a poll on this thread to see who people think might win this one please?

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
I know people are fed up already with polls, but would it be possible for one of the admin to set up a poll on this thread to see who people think might win this one please?

done, but a bit cumbersome. :-(
Albion Family !!!

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2015, 12:26:27 PM »

We'll have to agree to disagree then mate. Mayweather isn't the fighter he was a few years back, he's cherry picked his opposition for a while now. Khan is better than ever and Thurman is a class act who can become one of the pound for pound kings in  a year or two.

The Pacquiao fight should've happened four years ago when both were at their peaks. Both have declined but I think Pacquiao has declined more than Mayweather has and as Mayweather is the bigger man i don't see him having too much trouble on Saturday.

Keith Thurman will never be a p4p king personally.

High hopes for Kell Brook still always been a fan, just needs some decent fights rather than terrible opposition.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »
done, but a bit cumbersome. :-(

Cheers  :o
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »
Keith Thurman will never be a p4p king personally.

High hopes for Kell Brook still always been a fan, just needs some decent fights rather than terrible opposition.

Got back into the swing of things a few weeks back with a comfortable win after his stabbing.

Anthony Joshua looks a good boxer, got high hopes for that kid.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »
Got back into the swing of things a few weeks back with a comfortable win after his stabbing.

Anthony Joshua looks a good boxer, got high hopes for that kid.

Joshua is a great brilliant prospect,
Smart,
quick,
physique of a...., i don't know, just physique
can punch
if he can take a punch, he could go all the way IMO.
Albion Family !!!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2015, 02:49:26 PM »
Joshua needs to be stepped up soon, its difficult to say how good he will be while he is still fighting bums.  After the Johnson fight he needs to have a proper opponent.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »
Joshua needs to be stepped up soon, its difficult to say how good he will be while he is still fighting bums.  After the Johnson fight he needs to have a proper opponent.
I wouldn't argue with that, he seems to have all the attributes, but I agree, he needs to be allowed to test himself.
Albion Family !!!