Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1327863 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #3500 on: August 11, 2019, 01:28:22 PM »
Jacob Murphy had a good start at Wednesday yesterday, scored one and involved in the build up to the second
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:53:37 PM by OldburyWBA »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3501 on: August 16, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »
Huddersfield Fulham was a decent game and gives a good idea of what to expect this season.

Fulham already look like a guaranteed top 4 side, and i’m confident they will go up this year. They have so much attacking ability for this level, and they are one of the only sides in this division with a better midfield than us.

Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Cairney, Arter, Johansen playing behind forwards like Reid and Mitrovic (with Reid and Cavaleiro being able to play as forwards which is great for tactical flexibility in game). Stephen Sessegnon also looks a great player, maybe not his brothers level but potentially a prem player. Reed, Kamara and Onomah all in back up as well.

Huddersfield strike me as a team who are trying to transition from being a decent but functional team under Wagner, to a more expansive but ultimately not good enough team under Siewart. It would be good for us if he stays as I think they will not hurt the top 2, even if they get it right near the end for a play off push, but I think Siewart will be gone in the next few weeks and if that happens, Danny Cowley could be the person they turn to and that would worry me.
Boing Boing

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3502 on: August 16, 2019, 10:26:26 PM »
Huddersfield have sacked Siewert after tonight's loss to Fulham.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3503 on: August 16, 2019, 11:00:40 PM »
Huddersfield have looked abroad in recent years and i’m sure continental managers will dominate the bookies odds lists, however I would’t be surprised to see them ask Hughton if he is interested, or Danny Cowley.

Lincoln have won their first 3 games of the league 1 season, including beating Huddersfield mid week. Will they be tempted to offer him the job? Dowling clearly didn’t fancy Cowley after having an initial meeting with him with the suggestion being Cowley and the club had different ideas on how things should be done, so if he does not like directors of football i’m not sure he would love Huddersfield who are fairly forward thinking, but if they could get him then our job could get even more difficult.
Boing Boing

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3504 on: August 16, 2019, 11:15:26 PM »
Fulham should win the league, anything else would be underachieving with that squad. Huddersfield don't worry me, I think their midfield is poor.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3505 on: August 17, 2019, 10:10:47 AM »
Yeah Fulham are my favourites for the title. Strong throughout. Then it's probably Leeds and us. going to be a long hard season.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3506 on: August 17, 2019, 02:17:51 PM »
No Sam Field in the Charlton squad again

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3507 on: August 17, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
No Sam Field in the Charlton squad again

Not had a real preseason and to an extent Bowyer needs to keep faith with the guys who got them there.

That said, when the 3 teams were linked and one was a League One team, they were my immediate preference.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3508 on: August 18, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
Impressed by Reading today think these could be a dark horse this year

They looked organised and good in the final 3rd
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3509 on: August 18, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »
Reading missed a late penalty today which would have seen them beat early season favourites Cardiff 4-0. That 100-1 odds look a bit silly now. They possibly have some squad depth issues but with their summer signings, especially Puscas who scored 2 today, I think they will be part of the play off race.
Boing Boing

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3510 on: August 18, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »
Stoke boro and hudds bottom 3

Don't think anyone would of predicted  that

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3511 on: August 18, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »
Reading missed a late penalty today which would have seen them beat early season favourites Cardiff 4-0. That 100-1 odds look a bit silly now. They possibly have some squad depth issues but with their summer signings, especially Puscas who scored 2 today, I think they will be part of the play off race.

Puscas looks a good player

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3512 on: August 18, 2019, 02:17:31 PM »
Just finished watching Reading v Cardiff. Reading a bit of a revelation yes I know they have bought in a lot of players but they are gelling quickly will be very interested to see them live on Wednesday.  The 100/1 does look a tad generous but let's face it they have lost 2 out of 3 which is a bit of a head scratcher on the basis of that performance.

Cardiff on the other hand horrible in every sense of the word.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3513 on: August 18, 2019, 04:57:22 PM »

Like the decent promoted Premier League teams are dangerous at home early season, relegated sides often suffer a hangover early season especially away from home. Reading have lost their other 2 matches and will likely lose on Tuesday. 100 to 1 for promotion seems about right.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3514 on: August 18, 2019, 05:18:40 PM »

Like the decent promoted Premier League teams are dangerous at home early season, relegated sides often suffer a hangover early season especially away from home. Reading have lost their other 2 matches and will likely lose on Tuesday. 100 to 1 for promotion seems about right.
if the FA are making them play Tuesday, I think we must have a good chance wednesday?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3515 on: August 18, 2019, 07:32:00 PM »
if the FA are making them play Tuesday, I think we must have a good chance wednesday?

That's my week f**ked then. Meeting on Wednesday early evening.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3516 on: August 18, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »
Middlesborough may need to recall Pulis to get them back up.  :o

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3517 on: August 19, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »

Reminiscent of us last season with the "club legend to get the fans on side appointment"

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3518 on: August 19, 2019, 12:44:30 PM »

There are a few at Stoke suggesting the same.......a lot against as well but he couldnt do any worse at the moment.
MAGA!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3519 on: August 19, 2019, 12:52:13 PM »
There are a few at Stoke suggesting the same.......a lot against as well but he couldnt do any worse at the moment.

Oh I think he could...... 8)

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3520 on: August 19, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »
As long as we've played Stoke at least once, before he re-joins.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3521 on: August 19, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »
Just looking at who could be our main promotion rivals this season (yep, I've got us down as being up there too ).
I think Leeds and Fulham are the main ones. But I can see Forest, Swansea, Sheff Wed., Bristol City, QPR and MBoro being up there. Give or take one or two of those.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3522 on: August 19, 2019, 02:36:12 PM »
Too interesting.
Hopefully most of those will have dropped away towards the end. (If not all).

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3523 on: August 19, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
Just looking at who could be our main promotion rivals this season (yep, I've got us down as being up there too ).
I think Leeds and Fulham are the main ones. But I can see Forest, Swansea, Sheff Wed., Bristol City, QPR and MBoro being up there. Give or take one or two of those.

Agree that its will be Leeds, Fulham and ourselves in the top 3-4 places this season. I think Derby will make the top 6 again as well. Then I think it will be two from Bristol, Cardiff, Stoke and Brentford. Based on yesterday's game though Reading look like they could be the outsider to gatecrash the party this year as there very often is one 'surprise' package.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3524 on: August 19, 2019, 06:39:27 PM »
I still have this feeling about Fulham that their Achilles heel is the manager.

If they part company with him and get an established up and coming coach in, they could take the division by storm imo
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.