Author Topic: Dwight Gayle (at Newcastle)  (Read 235047 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Dwight Gayle (on loan swap from Newcastle)
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2019, 06:37:40 PM »
Absolutely, no point admitting to doing something that was not intended.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »
If anybody is at fault its Lee Mason , can add that leg breaker he missed by Grabben too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »
There is contact toe to toe on the floor just before he goes down.  That makes it not deception, just making a meal of it.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2019, 06:44:07 PM »
There is contact toe to toe on the floor just before he goes down.  That makes it not deception, just making a meal of it.
The bloke with the mask ?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2019, 06:51:53 PM »

There isn't. It looks like it from one angle but when you see it from the reverse angle there is clear daylight between them. Hate to say it but it was a dive.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2019, 06:59:21 PM »
thought it was a bad call by Mason to award a penalty, seen nothing to change my opinion. Gayle made the most of it but dont give a toss. in fact he can gladly do it 3 times this Saturday.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2019, 07:02:56 PM »

Can't see DG openly admitting that he intended to deceive, he'll claim he felt a contact, but if he accepts the charge on that basis, it will put a stop to blatant diving which has cost us in the past.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

rogerstubbs

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2019, 07:10:16 PM »
Match after match don goodman ,a crowd favourite when he played for the Albion,is so anti Albion. Last night he invited the F.A. to charge Dwight on a penalty that in real time he thought was a penalty. At least 6 times he reviewed the Gibbs incident never mentioning Lolley was holding Gibbs’ arm.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »
Match after match don goodman ,a crowd favourite when he played for the Albion,is so anti Albion. Last night he invited the F.A. to charge Dwight on a penalty that in real time he thought was a penalty. At least 6 times he reviewed the Gibbs incident never mentioning Lolley was holding Gibbs’ arm.
Dingle Don and Bull the tatter thought they'd batter us back in the 90s they didn't and he still isn't over it.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2019, 07:32:02 PM »
we should defiantly be appealing this on the basis of dives against us haven't seen the same retrospective punishment. we might have Phillips back for QPR or Sheffield united game  anyway...

on the other hand this might be abit like bartley and brunt being injured. Like the 352 which started well 433 has been worked out especially in our home games. we seem reluctant to change it, gayle being suspended and HRK being injured might see us have another evolution and galvanize us again.

we still should be ruing the decision to not bring in another striker during the window
O Albion we love you

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2019, 07:37:09 PM »
Back-room staff should now be going through every penalty given in the top few leagues this season and finding any where the ref has been deceived. Take it to the FA and say "when all of these players are charged, we'll accept the charge".

Otherwise, sue the FA for persecuting us. Can't just pick on one club whenever they feel like it because a commentator or radio station makes a big deal of it.

Fair play if they wanna do Gayle for it, but it has to be done consistently.

Exactly this. The number of games already just this season where blatant dives have brought rewards and no action has been taken by the FA. The question should be asked, and keep on being asked why is this one instance any different? It might also be mentioned that during the course of this game incidents of serious and dangerous foul play play inflicted on Albion players by Nottingham players went unpunished, and it was against this background that DG felt the need to take avoiding action by diving out of the way of possible injury by at least one of the Nottingham players responsible for such foul play. I rest my case your lordships.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2019, 07:37:20 PM »
I can’t recall Neymar being similarly charged with this offence along with a few others

Zaha
Sterling
Sala
Young

I’m sure you could all add to this list

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2019, 07:45:16 PM »
Didn't Sala dive for a penalty lately no action taken, Albion need to back their player to the hil

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2019, 08:01:25 PM »
Didn't Sala dive for a penalty lately no action taken, Albion need to back their player to the hil

No it was judged to be a penalty.

Gayle surely won't get done for this anyway. Too much doubt.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »
I’m not sure I 100% agree that Don is more biased against us because he played for Wolves etc. I’ve heard him talk about his time at the Albion with fondness. I remeber him arriving from Bradford City for about £40,000, Ron Saunders was Manager if my memory serves me.

We sold him to Sunderland for about £90,000, “Barmy” Bobby Gould was Manager. He regularly turns out for Albion in senior five-a-side tournaments and other games.

I was sorry when he left us, additionally, he has played more games for us and scored more goals for us than any other club he turned out for, including Wolves.

1987–1991 West Bromwich Albion 158 (60)

1991–1994 Sunderland 116 (40)

1994–1998 Wolverhampton Wanderers 125 (33)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2019, 08:12:56 PM »
I’m not sure I 100% agree that Don is more biased against us because he played for Wolves etc. I’ve heard him talk about his time at the Albion with fondness. I remeber him arriving from Bradford City for about £40,000, Ron Saunders was Manager if my memory serves me.

We sold him to Sunderland for about £90,000, “Barmy” Bobby Gould was Manager. He regularly turns out for Albion in senior five-a-side tournaments and other games.

I was sorry when he left us, additionally, he has played more games for us and scored more goals for us than any other club he turned out for, including Wolves.

1987–1991 West Bromwich Albion 158 (60)

1991–1994 Sunderland 116 (40)

1994–1998 Wolverhampton Wanderers 125 (33)

£875,000 I think,  was definitely Sunderland's transfer record the time. Broke my heart as a young kid.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »
Yep, used to love Don as a nipper. Proper upset me that did.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2019, 08:17:19 PM »
It was a dive, he cheated and should be punished....’IF’ the FA treats every other player the same great, it would disappear from the game in a matter of weeks. I hate it regardless of who’s clubs crest is on their shirt.

pensnett stu

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2019, 08:31:25 PM »
I bet not one top six club player will ever get charged,because commentators escpecially talk sport always say it's part of the game nowadays, (one rule for the rich and another one for everybody else)

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2019, 08:37:35 PM »
It is a dive, and I do also hate when players do it. But you can't be just banning one player, it happens every single week up and down the country.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »

£875,000 I think,  was definitely Sunderland's transfer record the time. Broke my heart as a young kid.

I missed a zero, should have read £900,000  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2019, 09:13:44 PM »
I still can’t see what he was supposed to do when he had two players coming together at him, other than to go through them. With the tackle coming in it’s natural instinct to try and jump over it. I’ve seen more blatant ones given without the trial by tv and consequential FA charge.

Having said that, now the FA have publicly called him a cheat, there’s no way they’ll let him off unless the club can find a legal reason to avoid a ban. I think we should appeal
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2019, 10:30:34 PM »
It was a dive, he cheated and should be punished....’IF’ the FA treats every other player the same great, it would disappear from the game in a matter of weeks. I hate it regardless of who’s clubs crest is on their shirt.
OK. But why start at this point of the season?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:03 PM »
Have to say Gayle has shown one or two earlier signs of making the most of the slightest contact/ exaggerated avoiding of contact. He seems to get an easier ride on here than Shane Long used to.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2019, 10:59:44 PM »
Gayle will be banned for 2 games,apparently the law was introduced last season,the first player banned was niasse Everton player who also got a penalty for his efforts,so it looks like it will happen all the time if it as result changing dive