Author Topic: Roy Hodgson: The epitomy of modesty  (Read 8158 times)

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

Re: Roy Hodgson: The epitomy of modesty
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »
I think Owen Coyle would be a bit more realistic than Moyes
BOING BOING

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 07:15:59 PM »
I think Owen Coyle would be a bit more realistic than Moyes

No way. Moyes is much more realistic. Coyle won't leave Bolton he is born and bred.

jjb0rdell0

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »
What's the reasoning on moyes being an impossibility?

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »
No way. Moyes is much more realistic. Coyle won't leave Bolton he is born and bred.

With a thick scottish accent!!

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »
Coyle won't leave Bolton he is born and bred.

Most people are born and bred.
Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
I'm shocked at all these people who apparently can read the future with an accuracy rating of 100%.

We cant say for sure what the next months hold, but considering Moyes turned down Villa and has stayed at Everton all these years, what makes people think he would leave to come to us?

Moyes could leave Everton this year with their problems but Moyes, and Coyle for that matter, will not be looking to move sideways or down when they leave their clubs.

I think Moyes will hold out for the Spurs job myself.
Boing Boing

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 08:47:03 PM »
With a thick scottish accent!!

Aye!!  ;D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
David Moyes to spurs

Owen Coyle to Everton

?

might stick a few quid on that happening when Moyes leaves :P
BOING BOING

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 09:27:30 PM »
Don't really like the way Roy has talked Long up this week - yes its for the media but, let him develop quietly its very early days and patting yourself on the back is not a great habit either.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 10:07:52 PM »
what makes people think he would leave to come to us?

I don't think that would happen.

I reckon there is a POSSIBILITY of him leaving Everton due to being inebriated off, either this season or next. Spends some time out of the game, and then we approach him when Roy departs.

All hypothetical of course, but it is far from beyond the realms of reality. No one knows for sure if he would or wouldn't come here. No one stated he would on here, I only saw 2 posts saying it would be worth a bet. Yet we had posters instantly writing the scenario off with the mentality of "he would never come here."

Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »
There is no question that Roy is after the England job.  He absolutely MUST have a good season with us though to stand half a chance against media darling Redknapp.

I feel I am going to be annoyed because more often than not the press will be asking about him and the England job at every opportunity and Roy will be more than willing (almost courting) the questions during club (WBA) press conferences.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 10:14:46 PM »
Don't really like the way Roy has talked Long up this week - yes its for the media but, let him develop quietly its very early days and patting yourself on the back is not a great habit either.

I think this is a fair point and one i agree with to an extent. It is all well and good heaping the praises on him now that he has had a great start and we all hope it continues for years to come but life isnt perfect and if it did all go tits up then roy would look a little silly. But thats thinking a bit too negative. Keep it up shane!!  :D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Rich99

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »
Clearly right now, Roy at the moment has a license to say whatever he wishes, he's certainly earned it, but I do think he may be jumping the gun a little here.  After just 2 games for the club, it's still very early days to go declaring Long an enormous success in my humble opinion.

Still, on the bright side, Roy's seen much more of Long than we have.  I hope Long continues on from his bright start and 'm very much looking forward to watching him grow into the player Roy clearly believes he will.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:05:27 PM by Rich99 »