Author Topic: Anything Birmingham City  (Read 226848 times)

royhan

• WBA Coach

Re: Anything Birmingham City
« Reply #525 on: June 23, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
Mutch went for £3m.

Where did that £3m figure come from? Both clubs report 'undisclosed fee' on their respective websites and the Welsh press are saying that the fee was 'in excess of £1m'.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #526 on: June 23, 2012, 11:16:41 PM »
Where did that £3m figure come from? Both clubs report 'undisclosed fee' on their respective websites and the Welsh press are saying that the fee was 'in excess of £1m'.

Seen a few journalists say it was £3m on twitter including the bloke that covers them for the Brum Mail. Although as I said in my other post I'm sure Blues made out that Roger Johnson went for something like £7m and Wolves said it was closer to £4m last summer so I'm not sure anything leaked from the Blues side is entirely accurate.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #527 on: June 24, 2012, 12:18:15 AM »
Tom Ross is saying they got a 20% sell on clause as well. I wouldn't believe anything coming out of the club to be honest.

slimboyfat1972

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #528 on: June 25, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »
Pretty sure i just heard on talksport that Mick McCarthy has just become the Blues manager ...Anybody else heard that ?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #529 on: June 25, 2012, 10:52:14 PM »
Pretty sure i just heard on talksport that Mick McCarthy has just become the Blues manager ...Anybody else heard that ?

I've heard Lee Clark is on the verge of being announced.

slimboyfat1972

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #530 on: June 25, 2012, 10:57:41 PM »
Sorry my bad ...It sounded like McCarthy when they said it but they are chatting about Lee Clark now ..

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #531 on: June 25, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »
Think Clark will steady the ship there, think the blues will finish mid-table with Clark in charge plays a very boring style of football according to some huddersfield fans on twitter.
BOING BOING

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #532 on: June 26, 2012, 07:11:50 AM »
He bottled it with hudds 3 years in a row with one of the leagues biggest budgets.

Still, hughton and all the players are going nowhere - comprendez :)
I only go for the beer.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #533 on: June 26, 2012, 09:49:02 AM »
Not sure what to make of this appointment, did a good job with Huddersfield but they had a very strong backing and were expected to do well.

Could be an interesting one, cant see them making the play offs however.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #534 on: June 26, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »
I have no clue as to what is going on at Birmingham it has all the hallmarks of another Pompey overseas owners in difficulty 26% owned by Carson Yueng (who owns the rest?) accounts published with a massive disclaimer from the auditors and no accounts from the parent company. A transfer embargo in place and their best players for sale. Whatever you think of Lee Clark he is not one to shirk a challenge.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #535 on: June 26, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »
See Peter Pannu has tried to give a briefing on the current situation at blues through the Bham Mail today. He always strikes me as being a very good plain speaking business man. It appears he has been out in Hong Kong trying to get some answers to some very 'pertinent' questions surrounding the shady dealings of BCFCs parent company BIHL. Reading between the lines under the Carson Young regime things look very bleak and all the bad press is deterring potential buyers.
Not good times if your a Blues fan. 

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #536 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »
On a purely selfish point, I hope potential buyers are put off until Ben Foster is a West Brom player on a 4 year contract with a further 4 years in our favour.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #537 on: June 26, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
See Peter Pannu has tried to give a briefing on the current situation at blues through the Bham Mail today. He always strikes me as being a very good plain speaking business man. It appears he has been out in Hong Kong trying to get some answers to some very 'pertinent' questions surrounding the shady dealings of BCFCs parent company BIHL. Reading between the lines under the Carson Young regime things look very bleak and all the bad press is deterring potential buyers.
Not good times if your a Blues fan.

I agree, I can see him having a future in the game away from the circus that is BIHL.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #538 on: June 26, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
the ass needs to fall right out of them to make them attarctive to any potential buyer.
I dont think that stage is far away now
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

reiss

« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »

i think lee Clark is a good appointment for blues.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #540 on: June 27, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
The state they're in, I think their fans would of been happy with Lee Evans.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #541 on: June 27, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »
I still think it will be difficult for any manager there.

Now they have the new manager inplace I hope we can try and push further on the Foster deal.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #542 on: June 27, 2012, 04:48:25 PM »
I have a mate who's giving up his season ticket next season say's he doesn't want to give a penny to the corrupt hairdresser. I feel pretty sorry for Panu as you can see the guy is trying his hardest and is a pretty good negotiator (he bled villa dry for McLeish). It's obvious he's the fall guy for Yeung and he's left Panu to face the music whilst he's nowhere to be seen in Hong Kong.

Lee Clarke's a good appointment considering the state their in, not many managers would take that job at the moment. I think he'l do well to keep them up as I think the'l be lucky to be able to field 3 or 4 players that finished last season. 

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #543 on: June 27, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
The hairdresser is not allowed to leave Hong Kong. He lost his house to foreclosure. He has much larger problems than the fate of BCFC.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #544 on: June 27, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »
a lot of people might moan about JP but id rather have him than these flybynight conmen! city's best players will soon be picked up for next to nothing.

wilma_carstart

« Reply #545 on: June 27, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
I have a mate who's giving up his season ticket next season say's he doesn't want to give a penny to the corrupt hairdresser. I feel pretty sorry for Panu as you can see the guy is trying his hardest and is a pretty good negotiator (he bled villa dry for McLeish). It's obvious he's the fall guy for Yeung and he's left Panu to face the music whilst he's nowhere to be seen in Hong Kong.

Lee Clarke's a good appointment considering the state their in, not many managers would take that job at the moment. I think he'l do well to keep them up as I think the'l be lucky to be able to field 3 or 4 players that finished last season.

Obviously your mate is as fickle as some of these

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=7712.0

your right about Pannu he knows the value of things, remind me what did peace want to pay for Ridgewell ?? and how much did he finish up paying ? so good luck with getting Foster on the cheap.

I keep hearing this comment the state "they are in" BCFC is fine its selfsuffcient with what people say is £10m worth of debt, in fact according to Pannu we made a profit last year.. Its bihl that is in s**t street.
depending on who you beleive Yeung wants to sell BCFC but he says he wants to clear the £10m debt so if it means we have to sell Foster as well as Mutch to rid the club of him then all Blues fans would accept that.

As it looks like Jack Butland will be no1 next season anyway.

So do us all a favour tell tight a**e Peace to cough up the fee and lets move on

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #546 on: June 27, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »
..."Chris Hughton is not leaving Birmingham City.
I only go for the beer.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #547 on: June 27, 2012, 09:56:57 PM »

your right about Pannu he knows the value of things, remind me what did peace want to pay for Ridgewell ?? and how much did he finish up paying ? so good luck with getting Foster on the cheap.

I keep hearing this comment the state "they are in" BCFC is fine its selfsuffcient with what people say is £10m worth of debt, in fact according to Pannu we made a profit last year.. Its bihl that is in s**t street.
depending on who you beleive Yeung wants to sell BCFC but he says he wants to clear the £10m debt so if it means we have to sell Foster as well as Mutch to rid the club of him then all Blues fans would accept that.

So do us all a favour tell tight a**e Peace to cough up the fee and lets move on

No hint of desperation muddled by blind faith or more than a bit of envy of their more affluent and attractive neighbours then?....................

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #548 on: June 27, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »

'Chris Hughton is going nowhere'

Anyway you're in for your second fire sale in two summers.

Really a desperate time to be a Bluenose isn't it.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #549 on: June 27, 2012, 11:13:53 PM »
Heard they have turned down £6m for Butland from Southampton today and Dave Watson is in talks with Norwich but they hope to get him to sign a new deal according to Colin Tattum on twitter.