Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 165476 times)

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)
« Reply #650 on: October 01, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
Congratulations Harvey!

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #651 on: October 01, 2020, 05:32:44 PM »
Well deserved..think Leicester will do well to hold on to him..

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #652 on: October 01, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »
When he went back to Leicester I wondered how he'd fair in the Pl as in some games with us he struggled to make an impact.

He has become an important part of a Leicester side that continues to be at the top end of the table.
Well deserved call up and I hope he does well (if selected to play).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #653 on: October 01, 2020, 06:33:33 PM »
Fully deserved.

Well done Harvey and good luck.

He's one of Leicester's but he feels like one of ours.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #654 on: October 01, 2020, 06:36:09 PM »
Said about 3 games into his loan spell with us wouldn’t be surprised if he made the England team at some point, he had that Gareth Bale pace & power look about him back then the goal against Wednesday where he beasted 3 off the ball in that 65 yard run was a prime example. He absolutely breezes past Ajayi for the Leicester goal against us at the start of the season also which is no mean feat as semi’s not exactly slow himself. Really pleased for the lad he seemed to love his time here and still likes WBA on social media, just a shame we couldn’t keep him for longer.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #655 on: October 01, 2020, 06:46:31 PM »
Said about 3 games into his loan spell with us wouldn’t be surprised if he made the England team at some point,

He made his debut for us in a pre season friendly against Coventry. Within five minutes he'd scored two goals and I thought how special he was, he just oozed quality.

He's progressed, obviously, but that quality was always there.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #656 on: October 01, 2020, 07:20:09 PM »
When I first saw him play for us, I couldn't understand how such a gifted player was sent out on loan. Fair play to him. He dropped down a division, did what he does best, and got recalled. He's got all the attributes to be a top England player. Well done lad!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #657 on: October 02, 2020, 09:47:24 AM »
The Foxes are set to offer winger Harvey Barnes a new contract following the 22-year-old earning his first call-up to the England squad.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #658 on: October 02, 2020, 10:02:13 AM »
The Foxes are set to offer winger Harvey Barnes a new contract following the 22-year-old earning his first call-up to the England squad.
He signed a 5 year deal only last year I think, certainly since Rodgers has been there. I guess in the past year he's become established as a first team regular and obviously now got the England call-up so has earned improved terms.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #659 on: October 02, 2020, 10:18:27 AM »
Fantastic player. Congratulations to him.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #660 on: October 02, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »
Shoot me down but I can see him at a elite club in the next 5 years. Real Madrid perhaps. He's that good.
BOING BOING

FriendlyFox

• Newcomer

« Reply #661 on: October 05, 2020, 02:46:04 AM »
Hey guys. Really feel like i had to sign up and comment on Harvey’s call to the England squad..

Just before Harvey joined you guys on loan there was a lot of discussion on the Leicester boards on what to do with Harvey. He was clearly gifted but wasn’t very consistent and was borderline perplexing at times. - he wasn’t getting consistent game time .In short there was a clear divide.. some wanted him to stay and get some time off the bench others felt a loan was the best option. couple of weeks into his loan we get to see a youtube video of a cracking goal..  pure fluke we thought. good on him though... but then the next week we see another great goal  .. and then  a great assist.. week after another cracking goal and very soon a lot of Leicester fans are sitting up and taking notice. Very soon we nearly all agreed that West Brom was absolutely the best place for him to be and it was like we could literally see him grow before our eyes. He needed  regular game time,  a supportive manager and players who would let him do his thing- sometimes it wouldn’t work but the times it did started to become more frequent.

Basically, it can not be underestimated just how important to his development and recent call up to the England squad his time at West Brom was. it was exactly the right club at the right time and actually a lot of us felt quite sorry for you when he was called back half way through the season.. he clearly had become an important part of the team and like i said his development had been so rapid with you. You guys gave him the games he needed to become the player he has.

Now, whenever we discuss a young player on the fringe of the first team - Thomas ( LB), Hamza ( CDM), Dewsbury-Hall ( CM/AM) there’s often someone piping up with “ Send him to West Brom!”

Thanks for taking such good care of Harvey and i wish you the absolute best of luck this Season!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 02:51:00 AM by FriendlyFox »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #662 on: October 05, 2020, 08:08:50 AM »
Thank you for saying "Thank you".

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #663 on: October 05, 2020, 08:26:34 AM »
Good to hear from you Friendlyfox.

Harvey is a class act and it was a pleasure and privilege watching him at the Hawthorns.

That Vardy bloke could do with a bit of development if you want to lend him to us for a season........

Good luck for this season, would be good to see you repeat your previous success, anything to shut Klopp up!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:52:18 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #664 on: October 05, 2020, 08:40:06 AM »
Thanks for dropping by Friendly Fox. You raise an interesting point about our ability to attract future stars as young loanies. Is this something we have not realised as a massive benefit of our Acadamey status not just the youngsters it produces locally?
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #665 on: October 05, 2020, 09:35:47 AM »
Hi Friendly Fox, I hope you continue to provide us with updates on Harvey progress.

I think if he had stayed with us for the whole of that season, we would have been promoted and vile would still be in the Championship, but it's a funny old game!

Good luck to you and your boys for the rest of the season
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #666 on: October 05, 2020, 11:57:17 AM »
Hey guys. Really feel like i had to sign up and comment on Harvey’s call to the England squad..

Just before Harvey joined you guys on loan there was a lot of discussion on the Leicester boards on what to do with Harvey. He was clearly gifted but wasn’t very consistent and was borderline perplexing at times. - he wasn’t getting consistent game time .In short there was a clear divide.. some wanted him to stay and get some time off the bench others felt a loan was the best option. couple of weeks into his loan we get to see a youtube video of a cracking goal..  pure fluke we thought. good on him though... but then the next week we see another great goal  .. and then  a great assist.. week after another cracking goal and very soon a lot of Leicester fans are sitting up and taking notice. Very soon we nearly all agreed that West Brom was absolutely the best place for him to be and it was like we could literally see him grow before our eyes. He needed  regular game time,  a supportive manager and players who would let him do his thing- sometimes it wouldn’t work but the times it did started to become more frequent.

Basically, it can not be underestimated just how important to his development and recent call up to the England squad his time at West Brom was. it was exactly the right club at the right time and actually a lot of us felt quite sorry for you when he was called back half way through the season.. he clearly had become an important part of the team and like i said his development had been so rapid with you. You guys gave him the games he needed to become the player he has.

Now, whenever we discuss a young player on the fringe of the first team - Thomas ( LB), Hamza ( CDM), Dewsbury-Hall ( CM/AM) there’s often someone piping up with “ Send him to West Brom!”

Thanks for taking such good care of Harvey and i wish you the absolute best of luck this Season!
Hello

The onLy negative from me....he should have stayed for the season, he would still be where he is now....but we would have gone up earlier and could have helped keep villa down...and thus send them in to oblivion.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #667 on: October 05, 2020, 03:46:22 PM »
Hi Friendly Fox, he is exactly the type of player we could do with right now. Someone able to run with the ball from deep positions.
Anyway, best of luck in Leicester's quest for another league title, that's assuming we're not in the running. At the moment looking unlikely (said with west Midlands understatement  ???)
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

FriendlyFox

• Newcomer

« Reply #668 on: October 06, 2020, 09:30:53 PM »
Hello

The onLy negative from me....he should have stayed for the season, he would still be where he is now....but we would have gone up earlier and could have helped keep villa down...and thus send them in to oblivion.

actually there was a lot of talk that the board were concerned Harvey was enjoying his loan so much that had you guys got promoted  he might have seen his chances of regular footy as far more promising with you guys than with us!

The Murky  world of the loan market. :-(

as an aside, i would have like to  have seen him stay the whole season as he was coming on in leaps and bounds in his development
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 12:51:30 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #669 on: October 06, 2020, 09:45:27 PM »
@ZippyandBungle..

actually there was a lot of talk that the board were concerned Harvey was enjoying his loan so much that had you guys got promoted  he might have seen his chances of regular footy as far more promising with you guys than with us!

The Murky  world of the loan market. :-(

as an aside, i would have like to  have seen him stay the whole season as he was coming on in leaps and bounds in his development

Yes, another masterclass from the Albion board not getting the loan for the season.

Loved Harvey Barnes at the Albion and was gutted he got recalled the night before Norwich at home. Derailed our automatic promotion losing him. A wonderful player and very exciting to watch.

Got a very promising future ahead of him.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:52:13 PM by PartisanBaggie »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #670 on: October 06, 2020, 10:21:47 PM »
I'd take Hamza in a heart beat - exactly what we need right now.
Boing Boing

FriendlyFox

• Newcomer

« Reply #671 on: October 06, 2020, 11:30:42 PM »
I'd take Hamza in a heart beat - exactly what we need right now.

Would be great if you get him... Ndidis injury might have derailed that a bit for now... Hamza is back up to Mendy... If you do get him then expect a couple of red cards...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #672 on: October 06, 2020, 11:59:05 PM »
Loan window is closed.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.