Michael O'Neill
Gary Megson
Martin O'Neill
Paul Cook
Tony Mowbray
Slaven Bilic
Nigel Pearson
A.N. Other please state

Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 329517 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: New Manager
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2018, 08:05:24 PM »
if Hammond has any input it will be someone like Mcarthy. atm do we even have a board capable to employ the next manager? on recent experiences i don't trust them to get it right.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2018, 08:07:12 PM »
Exeter workmate of mine said on Thursday that Tisdale has been tapped up by a "prospective" Championship side and will be off at the end of the season.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »

Blinkered. We would now be safe had Pulis stayed.

No chance.  Not the way things were heading.  But we'll never know.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2018, 08:08:02 PM »
Would you still be calling for McInnes if he hadn't played for us? I just can't understand why anybody would want McInnes as their first choice. He's done nothing in management.
Yes I would read my latter post as to why.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2018, 08:08:39 PM »
I shouted until I was blue in the face before we hired Pardew that we should have gone for Potter, but now we've missed the opportunity - that ship has long since sailed and if we somehow now managed to land him i'd be over the moon and seeing it as a coup - say what you like about Ostersunds and their league, he's done a great job there and taken them into Europe; something we won't be doing anytime soon.

We'll probably end up with someone like Pearson who now appears to be the bookies favourites and I still don't understand the clamour for McInnes....did a poor job at Bristol and now that Rangers are back in the SPL he won't be finishing as best of the rest behind Celtic either.

The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2018, 08:13:09 PM »
His chairman said he would only go to a big club.....given the state we are in I think it's a total non-starter

Well he won't land a PL job without having raised his visibility in the Championship first, and we'll have one of the biggest 3/4 budgets in the Championship next season.  It's his best option unless Saints or Stoke come calling.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »
It would be tempting to go for the ex-Albion link (McInness,Appleton), but just because the fans would be sentimental and give him more time, does not mean he would be the best manager available.
I also hope we are able to think outside the box of same old faces on the managers merry-go-round and find someone with progressive football ideas.

As we will almost certainly be a Championship side, it will be more difficult to appeal to any managers from the top European leagues, but I really hope we do our homework on Bundesliga.e.g. Martin Schmidt, resigned, not sacked at Wolfsburg and Nico Kovacs at Eintracht Frankfurt. Both have lots of drive and charisma and very decent records in the Bundesliga. Also Lucien Favre now at Nice in France, did a very good job at Moenchengladbach. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2018, 08:38:00 PM »
Get it right we will be back in the Premier League in two years, get it wrong, we will be vying with Sunderland for promotion from Div 1, we have to get this one right!
Baggie in Southampton

Cullompton baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2018, 08:56:11 PM »
Exeter workmate of mine said on Thursday that Tisdale has been tapped up by a "prospective" Championship side and will be off at the end of the season.
it will be Ipswich
From Tividale to the Hawthorns

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2018, 08:59:05 PM »
Because he is a good Manager who could and would become even better. I have read reports on him from fellow ex players and coaches he as worked with. He gives the kids a chance mixes it with experience and plays Football, that's why.

He failed in the Championship before and got the sack and has not been able to challenge Celtic in what was a one side league. He'll probably now finish second up to both Celtic and rangers

The bloke would be very under whelming and only gets mentioned because of his time here

In relation to your last point - nobody in football has a bad word to say about anybody. You'd probably find some idiot defending Pardew
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2018, 09:20:32 PM »
If Darren Moore won every game I would still be against his appointment as whoever comes in has to have past experience of overhauling a squad and a good transfer record. Unfortunately whatever Big Dave does he simply won't have it and we're not in a position to take that risk.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2018, 09:27:58 PM »

Mate of mine has been banging the Tisdale drum for ages. Would love to see an appointment like that.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2018, 09:51:24 PM »
At a time were a new manager should bring us some new optimism for the futures, I am extremely worried with the appointment our board are likely to make.

Let’s be honest we haven’t for a lot right of late, I hope this appointment changes that.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »
Her's utopia for me:

Club hero Darren Moore demonstrates that he is a tactically innovative, motivationally outstanding young manager with an attacking ethos. He is appointed as our permanent manager after winning each of the fixtures in Albion's relegation season. In the year that Regis passed Albion continues its commitment to leading the way when it comes to diversity and appointment Moore on a permanent basis.

The fortunes of the club change. Lai decides to invest heavily. We win the championship at a canter scoring over 100 goals with JRod bagging 50.

Season tickets through the roof, we had another deck to the Halfords and the Brummie is extended like the Dortmund home end.

We narrowly miss out on a Champions league place in our first season back, but then secure the league the following year.

We are so popular that Scotland asks us if we can send our reserves to play in the SPL where we then beat Rangers and Celtic to the league with our youth squad.

The UK is taken over by Albion, the government force everyone to wear blue and white stripes and the national anthem is changed to the Lord my Shepherd.

Thats about it.
Most of that has happened to me on Fifa bar Relegation Scotland and National Athem I've won the league and now whilst managing turkey in the World cup can't wait to get my hands on the Champions League Next Season
Anyway Back to Topic
I would like, Graham Potter, Chris Wilder, Garry Rowett, Dean Smith and The Fulham Manager plus Darren Moore if he does well and maybe Raneri.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2018, 09:58:46 PM »
Would love to see an appointment like that.

Would love to see that one justified to Lai.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2018, 10:04:50 PM »
It wont happen but Martin Jol would do for me.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2018, 10:18:37 PM »
There are couple of things that we need to consider. Alan Pardew has lots of Premier League experience nearly 300 games and he has to be the most clueless coaches ever to "grace" the club or the division.

Frankly I don't care at what "level" a coach has worked it is largely irrelevant. What is far more important is the type of football the coach plays and their reputation for developing players. Equally personal integrity is critical and that has been sadly lacking in both of the last two incumbents.

In that light much of the justification for McCarthy and his ilk  disappears. Sorry most of what he is peddling is just irreverent. While there is need for any candidate to have experience as being the Head Coach and enough to a least had one poor run of results decades of experience isn't necessarily better than 3 or 4 years. 

My thoughts on those that have some support on here but I feel uncomfortable with.

McInnes not that he is current role is in Scotland (so's Rodgers but nobody is suggesting him because we all know we haven't a prayer.) but that while he might arguably have the 2nd best team in the Division what he is doing with them is at best functional and at worst Pulisesque.

Pearson there is the wiff of the bully around him and we've had enough of that.

Rowett Football again pragmatic

Shakespear Hugely experienced as number 2 one trip out as a Head Coach and it didn't last long or end well I suspect that he might join the long list of great assistants who don't somehow have what it takes to be the Head Coach Brian Kidd and Don Howe fell into that category.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »
It wont happen but Martin Jol would do for me.

I think we've gone beyond Martin Jol now Kev.

Know I've mentioned him before, but Ben Garner was allegedly well respected by both players & management.

I know that he's something of a Pulis disciple, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the frame.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #168 on: April 02, 2018, 10:32:01 PM »
Just saw Redknapp and McClaren are being mentioned  ??? :'( enough to give you nightmares!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »
Is Arteta unrealistic? First job etc.  :o
Not a bad shout
Henry...
Viera
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #170 on: April 02, 2018, 10:36:13 PM »
The job Darrell Clarke has done at Bristol Rovers is sensational. He took them back into the FL oversaw a massive squad overhaul and got promoted to League One and they have continued to do well this season. Given that next season we will only be a league higher than where he is at I don't think anyone should turn their noses up at him.

Smith, Wilder etc... this bloke has done everything that has been asked of him and more akin to the two afore mentioned managers.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #171 on: April 02, 2018, 10:37:19 PM »
Just saw Redknapp and McClaren are being mentioned  ??? :'( enough to give you nightmares!
Just after Nico kranjar leaves rangers.....deffo Harry then....42 bids in for players on deadline day, Odemwingie back along with Papa bouba diop

Lovely jublee
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #172 on: April 02, 2018, 10:42:33 PM »
Anyway of doing a poll on this all?
Would be interested to see a vote

hillsm

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2018, 11:00:12 PM »
Slaven Bilic
Neil Lennon
Alex Neil

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2018, 11:08:29 PM »
He failed in the Championship before and got the sack and has not been able to challenge Celtic in what was a one side league. He'll probably now finish second up to both Celtic and rangers

The bloke would be very under whelming and only gets mentioned because of his time here

In relation to your last point - nobody in football has a bad word to say about anybody. You'd probably find some idiot defending Pardew
Thats not quite the full picture at City , he saved a doomed side but the club was losing money I believe and slashed the wage bill leaving him struggling .
Being honest I really haven't got a clue of who to hope for , only hope its not someone off the same old cast of managers.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.