Dorrans
2 (4.5%)
Brunt
5 (11.4%)
Cox
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: September 21, 2011, 09:27:25 PM

Author Topic: 17 Sept 2011 Swansea City 3 Albion 0  (Read 190107 times)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: Man of The Match v Swansea City 17th September 2011
« Reply #1175 on: September 19, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
mulumbu was shocking and rightly replaced

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: If easily offended please look away
« Reply #1176 on: September 19, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »
Everyone needs to wipe there mouths and move on as I personally know the lads that were involved and non of them are as bad as people are making out and no way in hell was it on purpose, as kev said there are all decent chaps who like a drink...when we played man city up here there was a minute silence held and a man city fan came up the stairs singing blue moon and then realised and he shut up...it happens.

at the time v swansea just as a the whistle blowed after the silence i came walking up the stairs singing albion songs and not one steward or police bloke told me what was going on..its impossible to know unless your told. it was an accident, move on.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #1177 on: September 19, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »
need go back to the old system, yesterday was short on pathetic i can remember odemwingie taking a corner at one stage? i hope roy has sorts himself and his team out ready for fulham on saturday which is a game we've gotta win, and playing with 4-4-2 like on saturday we aint going to do it.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1178 on: September 19, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
Can we get this back to the topic started then and leave the minutes silence behind us and move on.

The minutes silence has been discussed, explained and now ended so no need to keep dragging it up.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1179 on: September 19, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »
I notice that the thread about disruption of the minutes silence has been locked. I feel as a guest on your forum I would like to explain. I didn't start the topic to 'get on a high horse' or anything, but to simply generate debate. I don't want to respond to the tired old debates or the polemic lies you posted regarding the unfortunate death of a Cardiff fan.
Here's another one for you. An unfortunate clash of heads between Peter Odemwingie and Neil Taylor results in Taylor lying unconscious and bleeding heavily - paramedics rushing around giving him oxygen and bringing on a stretcher. Your player is booed by our fans - so he turns around to them, smiles and flexes his muscles in front of them. How professional and insightful. At least a third of your visiting support then start dancing round cheering and hurling abuse whilst taylor is still receiving treatment, and Odemwingie is still trying his best to wind up the home fans. Any chance of a comment or two about this - not just the old nationality/English league/pot kettle juvenile stuff??

What are you doing?

Seriously jack, your dressing it up as debate but from where im sitting you seem to be trying to provoke a reaction in some tit for tat little battle.

Odemwingie clashed heads with your player. If your fans want to shout obscenities at him and throw things at him then expect a reaction. Personally id prefer it if players had broader shoulders but, and get this, shock shock, they are human beings. Ever had a baying mob behind you shouting that your a t*** and that they want to hit you? I guess not.
Boing Boing

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1180 on: September 19, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »
I notice that the thread about disruption of the minutes silence has been locked. I feel as a guest on your forum I would like to explain. I didn't start the topic to 'get on a high horse' or anything, but to simply generate debate. I don't want to respond to the tired old debates or the polemic lies you posted regarding the unfortunate death of a Cardiff fan.
Here's another one for you. An unfortunate clash of heads between Peter Odemwingie and Neil Taylor results in Taylor lying unconscious and bleeding heavily - paramedics rushing around giving him oxygen and bringing on a stretcher. Your player is booed by our fans - so he turns around to them, smiles and flexes his muscles in front of them. How professional and insightful. At least a third of your visiting support then start dancing round cheering and hurling abuse whilst taylor is still receiving treatment, and Odemwingie is still trying his best to wind up the home fans. Any chance of a comment or two about this - not just the old nationality/English league/pot kettle juvenile stuff??

What about the racist tweet sent to Odemwingie by one of your fans? Got a view on that? And I don't know whether my eyes are deceiving me, but I fail to see you mention the bit where Odemwingie went over to Taylor on the stretch and wished him the best. Or does that not fit into your argument?

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1181 on: September 19, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »
I think there are one or two Swansea fans with HUGE chips on their shoulders.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Re: OK, Any Positives ?
« Reply #1182 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »
From the second half, Roy should now be fully aware that (unless both are unfit) either one or both of Brunt or Dorrans have to start if we want any control/creativity going forward.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1183 on: September 19, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »
Yeah its a positive we ONLY gave 3 goals away instead of 4. Other than that.........NO !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1184 on: September 19, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
No, none for me either, oh there was one, I was four rows from the front and I did'nt get wet because of the wind direction. ;)
Baggie in Southampton

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1185 on: September 19, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »
I think the home games against Swansea and Norwich will be intresting after the incidents that have happened in the past week. We seem to be hated by the majority of Norwich and Swansea fans now!!!  ???
good.. we need something to get the atmosphere hot again at the albion + how long is all this going to be discussed majority of swansea are coming on here to get a reaction its happened, people and the club have said sorry etc end of story now its getting boring different when there supports abuse odemwingie on twitter but thats for another day, they will come across alot worse fans than ours during the season they will get over it

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Explanation
« Reply #1186 on: September 19, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
I got to the ground just before kick off; as I walked into the concourse everything seemed as normal for that kind of time, people walking briskly towards the steps, few people quickly finishing off their drinks, others trotting in and out of the toilets.  The ground didn’t seem particularly quiet, the tannoy was blasting out but wasn’t clear and I could hear a lot of crowd noise (I realise now that this was probably the initial applause before the silence).

At the time I assumed that this was the teams coming out, so as I approached the steps I started singing something along the lines of ‘Albion, Albion, Albion’, joining in with a few others who were under the same misguided impression.   Thinking that upon entering our end of the ground I’d be greeted with a wall of noise from our supporters (following the loud applause I had heard coming up the steps) I was instead greeted with stillness, I think the very moment I opened my gob was when the whistle was blown for the silence.  Within seconds I realised what I had done and was absolutely horrified and promptly shut up.  I don’t know if the group I entered with were the only fans to have done this, maybe it happened elsewhere in the stand, I don’t know so can’t comment but we did shut up as soon as we realised.  It was an evident mistake and anyone who witnessed it would have realised that, so I’m a bit surprised what some have said, I read something along the lines of the ‘silence spoilers’ were offering other Albion fans out.  This just isn't the case, not with the group I was with anyway; I can’t illiterate that enough, this just isn’t in our nature. Being disrespectful, rude, distasteful or plain immoral isn’t in our nature either. 

There are quite a few people who know me on here and I can guarantee every single one of them would vouch that in no way would I ever spoil any minutes silence intentionally.  I was completely mortified and severely embarrassed. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:48:01 PM by OldburyWBA »
"This crack is really moreish."

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1187 on: September 19, 2011, 08:32:51 PM »
Getting sick of mods and admin being ignored on here, you were asked to stick to the topic, that was ignored so locked.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

JackOnTour

Thanks and Best Wishes
« Reply #1188 on: September 19, 2011, 10:52:49 PM »
Thanks for your opinions and best wishes for the rest of the season - except the obvious match. In response to some of the personal stuff on here - I didn't come on here with any underhand agenda or in a somewhat pathetic 'one-up-manship' contest, It was just to pick up on yout genuine passionate fans take on the two situations I described. I may have described them in a biased way, agreed. Anyway - cheerio.

chris-wba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1189 on: September 20, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
Luke Moore didnt score :D

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1190 on: September 20, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
I am pretty sure we cant get any worse
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1191 on: September 20, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
A positive for me will be they should now realise they cant just turn up for 3 points regardless of opposition, this result should humiliate them and hopefully make them more determined to put it right against Fulham in the next match. Other positives - another 90 mins fitness for Pete & Dawsons debut.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1192 on: September 20, 2011, 03:38:19 PM »
Positive for me is that we matched the dingles score but we was away from home so our result is slightly better than theirs  ;)

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1193 on: September 20, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »
a positive is, it could have been alot worse
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1194 on: September 20, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
I've had no internet for the weekend and it's probably worked out for the best judging by some of the comments on here  ;)

Anyways, now i've calmed down I think it's time I gave my view of the game.

First thing that I have noticed the past weeks is that Sharner and Mulumbu cannot play in the middle of the park if we are to play 4-4-2. There is no spark in the middle to produce the goods.

Secondally, Thomas (as I said pre-season) is a one trick pony. He is not the answer and needs dropping in my opinion.

I also think that Hodgson is trying to get us playing like he got Fulham playing and getting us tough to beat away and pick up our wins at home. Unfortunately, we do not have the defenders to do that.

Our one strength from last season was goals and we couldn't muster much against the Swans.

Shorey for me looks too 'relaxed' as if he knows that he has his place in the team sorted for the next few months.

Overall very poor, and I am trying to be positive about the next few games, but it is very difficult at the moment.

Make Fulham tough to beat away from home?? They never bloody won away from home for how long?!

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1195 on: September 20, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
a positive is, it could have been alot worse

Like what?! 4-0?

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1196 on: September 21, 2011, 05:21:45 AM »
It's Roy's belt and suspenders philosophy :/ There's a man afraid of his pants falling down. We gave Swansea and Stoke faaaaaar too much respect to our own detriment.

ManofKent

Re: Ratings
« Reply #1197 on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
Foster - 5 -
Reid - 5 -
Dawson - 5 -
Olsson - 5 -
Shorey - 4 -
Thomas - 4 -
Mulumbu - 6 -
Scharner - 3 -
Morrison - 3 -
Long - 5 -
Odemwingie - 5 -
---
Dorrans - 5 -
Brunt - 5 -
Cox - NA
I think you're being over generous with Dorrans, Brunt & Odemwingie - all three get a four from me even taking into acount recent injuries. I'd drop a point from each of the defenders, but I agree with their relative contributions. Mulumbu & Long were the best by far.

ManofKent

Re: What Swansea player would get in our Team
« Reply #1198 on: September 21, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
Vorm, definitely.
Bad as we played, but for him, we would have had two goals and maybe got back in the game.
+1 their defence isn't too shabby either