Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 243965 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »
With Pulis' record of foreign signings do you think a deal like this is a kind of middle ground between him and Hammond?!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 03:38:59 PM »
With Pulis' record of foreign signings do you think a deal like this is a kind of middle ground between him and Hammond?!

That's my take on it. It's a sensible decision. If Pulis doesn't like him then Hegazi becomes this seasons Galloway, Pritchard, Varela etc.

If it works out then fantastic, he could be a great CB for years to come at a bargain price - the point is there's no real negatives, or at least they don't have massive consequences.

It also shows on some level, that Pulis is willing to accept foreign signings.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »
Imagine Brunty swinging in a corner with Hegazy, Gmac, Evans, Dawson and Rondon attacking it.

A Pulis dream.

Jokes aside welcome to the club Ahmed! Hope your injuries are behind you and that you can have a long and successful career at the Albion

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
sounds good - cover for GMAC who isnt going to Hong Kong and is getting on a bit anyway

I've got wednesday off work so i can watch us play Leicester City  in that tournament so i will see how he plays (if he plays)
yes not sure he will be going out there, I've not seen anything mentioned? May be better to get into local stuff & start to catch up with pre season training?

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 04:13:38 PM »
Welcome to the Baggies

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 04:15:26 PM »
yes not sure he will be going out there, I've not seen anything mentioned? May be better to get into local stuff & start to catch up with pre season training?

"Hegazi jetted in from Cairo to complete his deal before swiftly heading to Hong Kong where he joined Albion's squad on duty at the Premier League Asia Trophy.

Albion will need international clearance for Hegazi to play in the tournament, which they open on Wednesday with their semi-final challenge against Leicester City".

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/july/albion-complete-hegazi-loan-deal/
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 04:32:07 PM »
Seems like a low-risk and sensible piece of business - still hope there is a first choice CB on the way, but look forward to seeing what this chap can add. Welcome to the club!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 04:37:35 PM »
Don't know anything about him, hopefully turn out to be a shrewd deal.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
Glad we are seeing some new faces. Do people reckon that's the end of our Zouma interest, if there was any?

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »
Glad we are seeing some new faces. Do people reckon that's the end of our Zouma interest, if there was any?

Zouma has been pictured in full Stoke training gear so think that's pretty final.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 05:05:18 PM »
This signing makes me a bit more confident about competing this season.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
Welcome to the club, hope you can break into first team, personally with pulis in charge think you might struggle. Any good as a left back?

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 05:27:00 PM »
Zouma has been pictured in full Stoke training gear so think that's pretty final.

Oh man, that is heartbreaking.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 05:27:27 PM »
Seems like a low-risk and sensible piece of business - still hope there is a first choice CB on the way, but look forward to seeing what this chap can add. Welcome to the club!
ideal say that's the back line sorted for season, Brunt and Nyom will cover left back with Dawson  and Mcclean covering right back and the fivecenter halves Gmac,Evans ,Dawson,Nyom and Hegazi covering centerfield back positions

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2017, 05:30:27 PM »
Welcome to the club Ahmed and good luck :D

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 06:04:21 PM »
Imagine Brunty swinging in a corner with Hegazy, Gmac, Evans, Dawson and Rondon attacking it.

A Pulis dream.

The thing I'll be looking for is how quick is he. Given his height, his ability in the air should speak for itself, but there's more to defending than just heading long high crosses away. The big criticism of our older defenders is that they can't turn quickly enough and are easily done for pace. That's part of the reason we play so deep.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 06:10:23 PM »
ideal say that's the back line sorted for season, Brunt and Nyom will cover left back with Dawson  and Mcclean covering right back and the fivecenter halves Gmac,Evans ,Dawson,Nyom and Hegazi covering centerfield back positions
is this a joke. I think we are still 2 defender's short one centre half and left back. McLean right back? Really?

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 06:16:28 PM »
Al Ahly season is just coming to an end.
On the one hand this means he is 'match fit' (however i assume Eygyptian match fit is quite diff from EPL match fit though). On the other, means he has been playing his season and is just starting another one at double the pace he is used to.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »
Al Ahly season is just coming to an end.
On the one hand this means he is 'match fit' (however i assume Eygyptian match fit is quite diff from EPL match fit though). On the other, means he has been playing his season and is just starting another one at double the pace he is used to.
If he can "read" a game, he wont have to dash about....just be in position and ready.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »
is this a joke. I think we are still 2 defender's short one centre half and left back. McLean right back? Really?
we have now got five center halves two of which can play the fullback rolls and two midfielders who can cover full back positions.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 06:30:13 PM »
Have to say I'm rather excited about this one.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 06:49:31 PM »
Welcome Big Fella, don't take too much notice of the tone of some of the posts on here. 95% of our supporters will give you a chance to show what you can do.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
Got into the ACN team of the tournament. Makes for a good first impression.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »
Hopefully our scouting system has found a player no one else can see, one minute though we are linked with smalling, jones and zoumba and then we get a complete unknown. I am getting very worried about this season the chairman said we would sign 3 players who would get into our 1st team so far I can only 1.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2017, 07:11:19 PM »
Welcome Big Fella, don't take too much notice of the tone of some of the posts on here. 95% of our supporters will give you a chance to show what you can do.
have you actually read the other posts? haven't seen anything that doesn't welcome the player or posters not encouraged by the signing .