Author Topic: Away Following  (Read 21651 times)

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Away Following
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
I think your the joke my friend, there is a way to get people on your side - it seems it is alien to you.

People pay the same price so are entitled to watch the game how they please and within the rules of the stadium, if everyones happy to stand, i stand - if someone behind me wants to sit, i'll sit.

How old are you by the way?

im going to stand directly in front of you tomorrow.

dont forget your flask/blanket tomorrow may be a bit chilly in them boxes. (or will be when we dip our hands in the fridge )
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

DommyKeay19

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »
Sitting towards the front tomorrow i await to be told to sit down repetitively. I think if it's not sold out we'll be making our way to the back.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »
all the times ive been to blues, ive never sat down

DommyKeay19

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
I think at home theres a time and a place for standing, corners yould stand free kicks exc.. The thing i find staggering is when people stay seated for penalties!! What's all that about!?

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »
Ill stand next to you, your old man can wetnurse bob :)
I only go for the beer.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2011, 04:27:30 PM »
Stoke game is a poor example to use considering that the fans got drunk around with by Sky as to when the fixture would be played.Was going to be 3 o'clock saturday,then monday night but could have been Saturday night depending on the Stokies result in the FA cup.

I think it's incredibly short-sighted to blame those who turn up and want to sit and watch the game.There is nothing wrong with that in my view.People pay their money into the club coffers and thus can sit or stand depending on their preferences.Just because they ain't singing,shouting and drenching each other with beer doesn't make them a lesser supporter!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:45:41 PM by B_H_Baggie »

BaggieboiBear

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
Stoke game is a poor example to use considering that the fans got drunk around with by Sky as to when the fixture would be played.Was going to be 3 o'clock Saturday,then Monday night but could have been Saturday night depending on the Stokes result in the FA cup.

I think it's incredibly shortsighted to blame those who turn up and want to sit and watch the game.There is nothing wrong with that in my view.People pay their money into the club coffers and thus can sit or stand depending on their preferences.Just because they ain't singing,shouting and drenching each other with beer doesn't make them a lesser supporter!

can i make one thing clear i cannot stand the nonsense under neath the stand.. we sing down there and act like loonies then sit in silence when the match starts.

I no I'm moaning alto but that's how i feel.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »
Try imagining being a 60 year old, 70 year old. You can't stand for ninety minutes bouncing up and down. That's why they sit down and they'are perfectly intitled to do so, afterall, they've been following the club alot longer than us.

If you want to stand and sing and jump about then buy tickets in the singing section. Let's not criticise other people for the way they support our club.. Especially when the older fans helped build the clubs image.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
Regardless of whats right and whats wrong as soon as people sit down the atmosphere dies.

That said no one is any position to tell any other person how to support their football club, afterall we're all Albion and we're all there supporting the same team.

That said, I hope we've got a good standing support tomorrow. I'm hopeful considering its a local derby.

dB

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
Regardless of whats right and whats wrong as soon as people sit down the atmosphere dies.

That said no one is any position to tell any other person how to support their football club, afterall we're all Albion and we're all there supporting the same team.

Couldn't have put it better chap.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »

That said, I hope we've got a good standing support tomorrow. I'm hopeful considering its a local derby.

This is very true and part of the fact that the atmosphere was good at stoke was that everyone was happy imo. There was so many gaps, if people wanted to stan/sit they could simply move so they were comfortable
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

ash

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
my mates a spurs away season ticket holder and ive been to a few away games with him when albion aint playing. they have an unwritten rule that you sit/stand where you want in the away end. so if you want to sit you head towards the front and head to the back if you want to stand.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
I think this one is a real can of worms! I am 31 and when i go away i like a sing and support the team in my own way, i dont sing for 90 minutes constant, i like to watch the game too, it doesnt make me any less of a fan. I will stand when i am away but i am also concious if i have a an older person behind me or people with young kids that i cannot keep standing, its about having respect for people around you.

I think as somebody suggested maybe you allocate the front seats for the sitters and the back seats for the singers (cant say standers as its frowned up with all these new campaigns) how it would work i dont know, simple thing is when buying a ticket given 2 options - a - front half of a stand or b - back half of the stand.

My old man is 74 and cannot get about as much as he used to, he has been going the albion since he was 8, he has been to god knows how many places following them, got into numerous scrapes and dramas and then brought me and my brother when we growing up kits, merchandise and paid for our tickets at most home games and a fair few away and i dread to think how much it will of cost him. If he wants to go away and sit down at wigan he is perfectly entitled too, i am sure he would love to be stood up, singing, but things change, doesnt mean he shouldnt be allowed to go or he is a lesser fan. In 20 years time i doubt i will fancy singing and standing all game either but there is no way i wont go.

People go the Albion for one main reason to watch the team, i am supporting them by paying my money for a match ticket, if i want to sing i will, if i dont i wont but certainly doesnt make me any less of a fan.

Fair play to the people who sing constant for 90 minutes, good on you but it doesnt make you any more of a fan than anybody else.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
Why do people go to away matches if they don't want to stand, jump around and "support" their team? How about ....to watch their team play a game of football? :o

.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2011, 09:00:10 PM »
I think this one is a real can of worms! I am 31 and when i go away i like a sing and support the team in my own way, i dont sing for 90 minutes constant, i like to watch the game too, it doesnt make me any less of a fan. I will stand when i am away but i am also concious if i have a an older person behind me or people with young kids that i cannot keep standing, its about having respect for people around you.

I think as somebody suggested maybe you allocate the front seats for the sitters and the back seats for the singers (cant say standers as its frowned up with all these new campaigns) how it would work i dont know, simple thing is when buying a ticket given 2 options - a - front half of a stand or b - back half of the stand.

My old man is 74 and cannot get about as much as he used to, he has been going the albion since he was 8, he has been to god knows how many places following them, got into numerous scrapes and dramas and then brought me and my brother when we growing up kits, merchandise and paid for our tickets at most home games and a fair few away and i dread to think how much it will of cost him. If he wants to go away and sit down at wigan he is perfectly entitled too, i am sure he would love to be stood up, singing, but things change, doesnt mean he shouldnt be allowed to go or he is a lesser fan. In 20 years time i doubt i will fancy singing and standing all game either but there is no way i wont go.

People go the Albion for one main reason to watch the team, i am supporting them by paying my money for a match ticket, if i want to sing i will, if i dont i wont but certainly doesnt make me any less of a fan.

Fair play to the people who sing constant for 90 minutes, good on you but it doesnt make you any more of a fan than anybody else.

best post on here for a long time.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »
you pay your money you make your choice when i go i sing for 90mins and stand when i can......However my Dad prefers to sit and watch the game take it in and he joins in the odd song but he is no less a fan than me,why should anyone have to stand and sing for 90mins? i do but its my choice i have no problem with people who dont sing/stand.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2011, 08:41:48 AM »
my mates a spurs away season ticket holder and ive been to a few away games with him when albion aint playing. they have an unwritten rule that you sit/stand where you want in the away end. so if you want to sit you head towards the front and head to the back if you want to stand.

It USED to be like that everywere didn't it? It should be like that now imo. Would solve all this 'hoo har'

BearwoodBaggie

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »
Looked like a very good away following today! All stood singing, over 3,000 there.

To be honest I do think a lot of Albion fans are very harsh on our support. We sell out, or nearly sell out, most away games. Taking into account the size of our home attendances, the economical situation of the area compared to ticket prices, and the kind of results we tend to get, I'd say we punch well above our weight in that regard.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
Quote from: BearwoodBaggie link=topic=424.msg 6320#msg 6320 date=1299338879
Looked like a very good away following today! All stood singing, over 3,000 there.

To be honest I do think a lot of Albion fans are very harsh on our support. We sell out, or nearly sell out, most away games. Taking into account the size of our home attendances, the economical situation of the area compared to ticket prices, and the kind of results we tend to get, I'd say we punch well above our weight in that regard.

too critical of ourselves sometimes, unnecessary.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
Thought the fans were great today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2011, 03:46:59 PM »
Love my club and love away days .
No I have not become fed up , but those idiots who went to Reading and tried their damnest to ruin carsons career with this club made me bloody angry so I decided to miss a couple of games before I got arrested ...
Time to come back ..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2011, 04:40:37 PM »
us the fans where great today , out sang the blues by far we was the loudest , top notch today proud to be a baggie  8)

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »
The fans were quality today, more of the same between now and the end of the season.

Sealandair

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2011, 06:35:38 PM »
Was a pleasure to be in our end today, still heard one of the victor meldrew brigade keep whining 'sidaaaaarn' but thankfully they was outnumbered by approx 3,200 to 1.

a proper away following. all stood up, and singing our heads off, unlike some away games ive been to this season when at times i thought i was sitting watching the world indoor bowls

shortie_10

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »
Cant believe everyone stood up today, so good! There were even 3 kids behind me and i thought i would have to sit, but they just stood on the chairs!