Poll

Who would you prefer playing?

Roman Bednar
18 (22.5%)
Marc Fortune
62 (77.5%)

Total Members Voted: 190

Author Topic: Roman Bednar or Marc Fortune?  (Read 12110 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Roman Bednar or Marc Fortune?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 07:58:14 AM »
Fortune every day of the week.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 08:02:53 AM »
MAF all day...
Loved Bednar at one point but looking back he wasnt that good...

No pace, couldnt head, always offside..not very good habits to have if your a striker

championship at best
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 11:06:44 AM »
MAF all day...
Loved Bednar at one point but looking back he wasnt that good...

No pace, couldnt head, always offside..not very good habits to have if your a striker
championship at best
You could be talking about both their my friend!! Or is it just me that thinks MAF is poor??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 11:34:48 AM »
Bednar was better than what we had at the time, Fortune is better than Bednar, just natural progression.
Cant see Bednar in an Albion shirt again TBH
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
Bednar was better than what we had at the time, Fortune is better than Bednar, just natural progression.
Cant see Bednar in an Albion shirt again TBH

Correct. Shame it isn't always a continual cycle and every player that we bring in is better than the one before!
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 12:42:02 AM »
MAF by a country mile..  He has pace and ability to move wide.  Yes his finishing leaves a lot to be desired but as previous posts. He softens up the opposition.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
    The simple fact is neither of them are good enough to play for a side struggling to stay in the premiership.

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »
Fortune - he gets on with his job without sulking, gobbing off or bringing shame on our good name.
Rowley...we all need to move on mate, Roman's paid the price and needs to be forgiven..this being said.
If pressed I'd have to choose MAF.
However asking this is like someone giving you the choice of which way they destroy your brand new Roll Royce ::)
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
Fortune....
No moaning sulking or media blurting...
Just gets on with it and gives his best every match despite what some blinkered fans think they see...

couldnt agree more!
doesnt get goals but he holds up well brings players into the game!
if were trying to keep it tight marco all the way!
if we are at home though i would still be playing saint peter
O Albion we love you

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »
Fortune offers us a far better option than Bednar although not greatly better Fortune has more of a natural knack of playing the lone role as a battering ram type centre forward which in the last few games as allowed Odemwingie and Vela to exploit tired defenders later in the game.

Fortune is an 'horses for courses' forward where depending on who hes playing against will depend on how effective he is.

If we are to progress we need better than him in that role but we are where we are at the moment.

Bednar has shown is true colours and its been proven hes not a 'team' player when its not going his way

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
Fortune easily, he gets so much unfair criticism i feel, the lad tries his hardest all game. Although he may lack quality in some aspects for me he puts in a good strong gritty shift on the pitch and gets on with his job which is what so many modern day footballers are lacking.

Rich99

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
I'm not sure.

It's perhaps a pity that Bednar was shipped out before Roy came in, leaving us with Fortune as the only option to do that job.

Roy could well have taken to Roman in a way RDM didn't, who knows, I mean Roy even dragged out Meite from Siberia.

As far as Fortune's finishing goes: it's embarrassing.  There's never any conviction to it and it shows.  It's almost like he's asking for people to say good effort, not great goal, before he even kicks the ball.

Still, Fortune is possibly going to be important to us for the few games left, he's the only option we have to play there right now and he's done OK at times this season (along with being awful on others).

Rich99

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 09:50:56 PM »
No brainer. Fortune all the way. They is a reason why Bednar was shipped out to a struggling Turkish club while Fortune is still in the Premiership.

Bristol city had an offer of 1.2 million accepted for Bednar, but he said he didn't want to go, that's why he's in Greece.

Also the fact that Bednar's contract runs out in the summer and we just paid 2m+ for Fortune might have something to do with Fortune still being here as well.

At the end of the day one might mock Bednar for being nothing but a Championship striker, but is Fortune really a Premiership level one?