Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2354228 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #8950 on: April 04, 2020, 02:06:31 PM »
Provided that was a genuine transcript of an actual conversation, as opposed to some made up bull dragged out of the air, my guess would be Mark Noble.
It's definitely bullmuck, no footballer can speak so eloquently.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8951 on: April 04, 2020, 03:19:25 PM »
Liverpool now furloughing too by the looks of it. However will by the 20% to ensure nobody loses out. How very noble of them!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8952 on: April 04, 2020, 07:57:02 PM »
Liverpool now furloughing too by the looks of it. However will by the 20% to ensure nobody loses out. How very noble of them!

Whoever it is, and I know dele Ali isn't a veteran and on 50k (was a joke as it looks similar to his face and haircut), he's definitely got tourettes.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:59:00 PM by BalisPen »

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8953 on: April 04, 2020, 08:01:46 PM »
Disappointed with the reds but at least making wages up to 100%, still pathetic I think.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8954 on: April 05, 2020, 06:19:56 AM »
I figure this is probably the best place for this, if not mods feel free to move it to a more appropriate home
https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-player-wage-cut-matt-hancock
A very, very interesting read especially the views on how hard it is to actually spend the vast amounts they earn
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8955 on: April 05, 2020, 02:34:05 PM »
Kyle Walker - another idiot who thinks that the guidance does not apply to him.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/kyle-walker-set-to-be-disciplined-by-manchester-city-after-breaching-coronavirus-guidelines/ar-BB12bI8o?ocid=msedgntp

What is wrong with people??
MAGA!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8956 on: April 05, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »
Pfa say they have rejected 30% pay cut and said it would effect nhs, which it does.

The clubs are taking the **** with this imo. I can understand a wage deferment until income is back to normal, but an actual pay cut is taking advantage of the situation because if the games remaining have to be played then they have to play them and all that is going to happen here is they will have a shorter break when the season ends.

Nobody is asking for the footsie bosses who earn 10 of millions to take pay cuts and give it to staff.

Furloughing employees like scummy Liverpool and spurs and asking for a 30% wage is shocking.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:02:58 PM by Hull Baggie »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8957 on: April 05, 2020, 06:25:36 PM »
Pfa say they have rejected 30% pay cut and said it would effect nhs, which it does.

The clubs are taking the **** with this imo. I can understand a wage deferment until income is back to normal, but an actual pay cut is taking advantage of the situation because if the games remaining have to be played then they have to play them and all that is going to happen here is they will have a shorter break when the season ends.

Nobody is asking for the footsie bosses who earn 10 of millions to take pay cuts and give it to staff.

Furloughing employees like scummy Liverpool and spurs and asking for a 30% wage is shocking.
Exactly where I am.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:03:21 PM by Hull Baggie »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8958 on: April 05, 2020, 07:52:28 PM »
I figure this is probably the best place for this, if not mods feel free to move it to a more appropriate home
https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-player-wage-cut-matt-hancock
A very, very interesting read especially the views on how hard it is to actually spend the vast amounts they earn

Saw this on social media, lot of speculation on who it is.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8959 on: April 05, 2020, 08:06:28 PM »

posted it in the PL thread a couple of days ago mate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8960 on: April 06, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »
Probably the better place for it. I rarely read the PL thread as I tend to despise all things PL and still have mixed views on when/if/should we ever go up into it
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8961 on: April 07, 2020, 02:44:36 PM »
The scummy scousers have done another u turn on furloughing.

Pressure is mounting on ******  spurs to do the same, but I doubt they will.

And there is no chance of the utter disgrace that is Ashley reversing Newcastle's stance, as he'd be sending kids up chimneys while they are off school given the opportunity.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:01:51 PM by Hull Baggie »

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8962 on: April 07, 2020, 03:49:12 PM »
At least the reds have listened and changed their mind.
But who decided the right thing to do was a wrong thing to do in the first place?
Reds, look at WBA CEO and learn son class.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8963 on: April 07, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
At least the reds have listened and changed their mind.
But who decided the right thing to do was a wrong thing to do in the first place?
Reds, look at WBA CEO and learn son class.

Fair play they have corrected a wrong, as for spuds / geordies / naarwich etc .....
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8964 on: April 08, 2020, 07:48:43 AM »
They have to restart or lose millions.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52191973

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8965 on: April 08, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »
Fair play they have corrected a wrong, as for spuds / geordies / naarwich etc .....

You would expect nothing less from 'Cashley' and Levy...…..
MAGA!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8966 on: April 08, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »
How can they take millions out of the business unless they are paying themselves in salary and dividends.
Only other way is selling their shareholdings.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8967 on: April 09, 2020, 02:21:15 AM »
How can they take millions out of the business unless they are paying themselves in salary and dividends.
Only other way is selling their shareholdings.

And who said they hadn't taken huge salaries and dividends?

They certainly didn't spend on players!

Why do you think you have all these charlatans owners in the championship trying to get into the prem?

To make big money.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8968 on: April 09, 2020, 10:29:08 AM »
And who said they hadn't taken huge salaries and dividends?

They certainly didn't spend on players!

Why do you think you have all these charlatans owners in the championship trying to get into the prem?

To make big money.

Reality check the other than a few notable exceptions football clubs even in the Premier League at best break even most lose money. Norwich City lost £30m in their promotion season and there wasn't a dividend. I am guessing that while they haven't been busy in the transfer market their existing players were given new contracts or had automatic increases built into their existing ones. Money has been spent and any surplus will be used to patch up the

Football club finance is hand to mouth. Few have any cash reserves. None of them cope too well with ZERO income.

Owners trying to get into the Premier League are desperately trying to get their club into the league so they can sell up to get out of it. For the owners of Derby and Sheffield Wednesday given the extent of their cumulative losses I doubt even if they made it to the promised land they could sell at a profit.

Football is a financial mess. A toxic combination of over paid players (Championship clubs running wage bills in excess of 100% of turnover I rest my case) sugar daddy owners (who do nothing other than inflate every clubs costs) flawed distribution models and incompetent administrations. Not to mention the people who actually in theory care about the institutions as community assets the fans are utterly delusional in their demands for clubs to spend spend spend.

From outside football looks like it is awash with money it isn't or rather for every penny it earns it spends one and a half pennies. This is not sustainable the current crisis just makes it even plainer.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8969 on: April 09, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »
Reality check the other than a few notable exceptions football clubs even in the Premier League at best break even most lose money. Norwich City lost £30m in their promotion season and there wasn't a dividend. I am guessing that while they haven't been busy in the transfer market their existing players were given new contracts or had automatic increases built into their existing ones. Money has been spent and any surplus will be used to patch up the

Football club finance is hand to mouth. Few have any cash reserves. None of them cope too well with ZERO income.

Owners trying to get into the Premier League are desperately trying to get their club into the league so they can sell up to get out of it. For the owners of Derby and Sheffield Wednesday given the extent of their cumulative losses I doubt even if they made it to the promised land they could sell at a profit.

Football is a financial mess. A toxic combination of over paid players (Championship clubs running wage bills in excess of 100% of turnover I rest my case) sugar daddy owners (who do nothing other than inflate every clubs costs) flawed distribution models and incompetent administrations. Not to mention the people who actually in theory care about the institutions as community assets the fans are utterly delusional in their demands for clubs to spend spend spend.

From outside football looks like it is awash with money it isn't or rather for every penny it earns it spends one and a half pennies. This is not sustainable the current crisis just makes it even plainer.

That may all be true, however, the owners of these clubs (Norwich / Spurs / Newcastle) should be hung, drawn and quartered for attempting to take the taxpayers cash when the NHS and care community is absolutely desperate for that same cash to keep people alive.

Cashflow and dividends are IMO instruments for the wealthy to obscure the real cash that is taken from the game /media.

Some people are saying that this is all just emotive hyperbole and the impact of football clubs taking what they are legally entitled to is negligible, BUT, these stigmas last and tarnish the whole profession. Sometimes doing the right thing is important and this is just one of those times IMO.

I suppose thinking aloud that the juxta position is that Hysel suggest memories are short in the football world
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8970 on: April 09, 2020, 11:47:58 AM »
That may all be true, however, the owners of these clubs (Norwich / Spurs / Newcastle) should be hung, drawn and quartered for attempting to take the taxpayers cash when the NHS and care community is absolutely desperate for that same cash to keep people alive.

Cashflow and dividends are IMO instruments for the wealthy to obscure the real cash that is taken from the game /media.

Some people are saying that this is all just emotive hyperbole and the impact of football clubs taking what they are legally entitled to is negligible, BUT, these stigmas last and tarnish the whole profession. Sometimes doing the right thing is important and this is just one of those times IMO.

I suppose thinking aloud that the juxta position is that Hysel suggest memories are short in the football world

It is not a question of football competing for resources with the NHS. Football is financially tiny relative to the sound and fury it generates. Of all the industries the Government might end up subsidising football won't get into the top 20 in terms of cost.

The reason why large swathes of the economy are being shut down is to prevent the virus spreading it is cheaper and safer to pay someone to stay home than pay for intensive care for the infections they generate, even if the NHS had the capacity to cope with a pandemic which it doesn't.

In normal times football generates an awful lot of money in taxation because of the fact that most of the revenue it generates stays in the UK and is paid in wages again in the UK. Many corporations don't and many of those entities will have no problem about taking the Government's money nor will they be pilloried for doing so.

I don't hold football clubs to higher standards than other entities. If you are looking for reasons why NHS staff do not have the proper PPE then look elsewhere and possibly start with the politicians that are using football as a useful tool to deflect from the real issues. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8971 on: April 09, 2020, 11:57:13 AM »
Sorry mate Hysel?
I really don't get your points sorry,
It is a greed league but not quite as you think.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8972 on: April 09, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »
It is not a question of football competing for resources with the NHS. Football is financially tiny relative to the sound and fury it generates. Of all the industries the Government might end up subsidising football won't get into the top 20 in terms of cost.

The reason why large swathes of the economy are being shut down is to prevent the virus spreading it is cheaper and safer to pay someone to stay home than pay for intensive care for the infections they generate, even if the NHS had the capacity to cope with a pandemic which it doesn't.

In normal times football generates an awful lot of money in taxation because of the fact that most of the revenue it generates stays in the UK and is paid in wages again in the UK. Many corporations don't and many of those entities will have no problem about taking the Government's money nor will they be pilloried for doing so.

I don't hold football clubs to higher standards than other entities. If you are looking for reasons why NHS staff do not have the proper PPE then look elsewhere and possibly start with the politicians that are using football as a useful tool to deflect from the real issues.

Every pound a club takes from the exchequer is a pound less that "could" be allocated to the NHS, the owners of said clubs are sitting on millions of pounds which they could use if they had the moral fortitude to do so.
The economics of football is minutiae here the core issue is the immorality of the club owners.
The politicians recognise that this is a concern of many and maybe some share that concern and maybe some think its a useful tool to deflect, but the issue remains the immorality of Billionaires using your and my tax £'s to alleviate their own non-problem.  Anyway thats my opinion and I'm not going to get into protracted debates over it.

Liver Baggie- I simply used Heysel as an example of how quickly we forget grave mis-deeds.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:02:28 AM by LiamTheBaggie »
Albion Family !!!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8973 on: April 09, 2020, 02:32:52 PM »

Norwich expect to make a massive profit this season:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/heavy-price-of-norwichs-premier-league-promotion-revealed

And paid money back to bond holders, spent on capital projects like the training ground, and heaven knows what other payments were made in wages.

Your post is a generalisation, as football is like real life where there are badly run and well run businesses.

The likes of Burnley operate on wage bills of around £55m and Southampton sell players at very high prices.

Championship chairman don't all go up thinking they will get a buyer. Run efficiently like Burnley a profit can be made.

The Blackpool owners the Oystons did not look for a new buyer they bought cheap players and banked the TV money themselves, Norwich have spent even less than Blackpool.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8974 on: April 15, 2020, 08:37:07 AM »
Newcastle United set to be bought out by the murderer Mohammad Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia. All Newcastle fans are celebrating, completely unconcerned by the fact he is buying the club to try to deflect from the fact he has had some bad press in the last few years due to beheading a journalist in a botched assassination.

The premier league meanwhile will happily wave him through their fit and proper persons test - because the test doesn't care if you're a murderer, as long as you have money.

One of the most disgraceful episodes in the history of English football will take place in the next few weeks when this gets completed. The worst case of sportswashing in British football history.
Boing Boing