Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1327368 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #6800 on: January 19, 2022, 01:28:51 PM »
Wilder didn’t get the Albion job because of personal issues nothing to do with his football record
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6801 on: January 19, 2022, 01:51:06 PM »
Wilder didn’t get the Albion job because of personal issues nothing to do with his football record

I was talking about fans and what they were saying in the summer
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6802 on: January 19, 2022, 02:09:51 PM »
I was talking about fans and what they were saying in the summer
Don’t think he was ever dismissed by fans, questioned as all candidates were no more no less

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6803 on: January 19, 2022, 02:28:54 PM »
I find it hard to believe that anyone would turn their noses up at either Wilder or Silva. Both far superior managers than Val. Wilder would have been a good fit IMO but I doubt Silva would have come here.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #6804 on: January 19, 2022, 03:14:36 PM »
Silva was never an option here - but his record in the Premier League did provide some scepticism amongst one member in particular - many others recognised he was a good appointment.

Quite frankly, if you cannot get this Fulham side promoted then you might want to look at whether management is the career choice for you.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6805 on: January 19, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »
HT
Hull 1-0 Blackburn

33mins
Reading 0-1 Luton
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6806 on: January 19, 2022, 09:21:08 PM »
Hull and Luton have both scored a second

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6807 on: January 19, 2022, 09:42:38 PM »
FT
Hull 2-0 Blackburn

FT
Reading 0-2 Luton
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 09:58:36 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6808 on: January 19, 2022, 10:40:16 PM »
You know what I mean mate, Wilder was dismissed based on the last 6 months of his tenure at Sheff Utd. People dismissed him on that 6 months and discounted the years before.

He has done brilliantly at Boro since going there.

Silva was dismissed due to his time at Everton.

Both are now the yard stick for what we should have gone for on most social media platforms.

From what I gather most fans of ours wanted Wilder, at least on here (I don't use social media).

I believe he's a very good manager and his career has promotions dating back to his early years but his personal problems ruined things at Sheffield United. Sadly I think we'd be in the top 2 if we got him, and I believe we could have.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6809 on: January 19, 2022, 11:02:30 PM »
Mitrovic has scored 27 goals, we've scored 31...let that sink in. Everybody says a goal scorer wouldn't make the difference, i beg to differ...

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6810 on: January 20, 2022, 10:29:40 AM »
Don’t think he was ever dismissed by fans, questioned as all candidates were no more no less

Across social media platforms and even on here, both were deemed poor choices by a lot of people.

I remember it clear as day.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6811 on: January 20, 2022, 11:51:33 AM »
I was very dismissive of Silva not just because of Everton but also the job he did at Hull (good start  but relegated and ended up further from safety than when he joined).

Having the strongest squad in a weak league certainly helps him out.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6812 on: January 21, 2022, 03:07:10 PM »
Admittedly I've not been all over the Derby stories, but I've seen bits and pieces.

I also don't have much sympathy for Derby, but this idea Boro want £40m for missing out on the play offs is surely ridiculous. They would not have made £40m if they had gone up, it would probably have taken 4/5 five years of survival (minimum) for them to achieve that. There is just no reasonably claim for £40m at all in my view.

Wycombe's claim would seem much fairer, but I am sure if its for a much lower amount. 

Derby beat us twice that season and Leeds beat Derby twice. Take out those results, we finish 3rd and perhaps our play off story is different. Maybe we should sue for £40m too.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:12:38 PM by johnny Cash »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6813 on: January 21, 2022, 05:49:19 PM »
Carlisle Capital 'make a formal offer to Derby's administrators'
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6814 on: January 22, 2022, 05:34:29 PM »
Bournemouth lose to Hull at home

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6815 on: January 22, 2022, 05:35:03 PM »
Bournemouth lose to Hull at home

Hull on fire!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6816 on: January 24, 2022, 12:50:47 PM »
Preston have signed Archer from the Vile on loan . Been banging on about this lad now he may have a chance to put one over on us !

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6817 on: January 24, 2022, 01:09:03 PM »
Looking forward to the media hoo-ha regarding the Melee at the end of the Derby v Forest games. Wonder if Hackett will come a out and criticise those teams? I await the red cards being given retrospectively for the punches that were thrown.
Although I will patiently wait I won't hold my breath.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6818 on: January 24, 2022, 02:00:50 PM »
Preston have signed Archer from the Vile on loan . Been banging on about this lad now he may have a chance to put one over on us !

I didnt realise until recently but Archer also seems to have started at the Albion.

Finley Thorndike's (Formerly of our academy) dad said something on twitter recently that I saw. It was something like that on Fin's first day in our academy when they were around 7 years old, he was put in small sided game with TGH, Archer (and I think Ferguson and Cleary).

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6819 on: January 24, 2022, 02:02:53 PM »
I saw that but I think it was more a trial day. It sounded like he picked Villa over us, rather than left us for Villa. Could be wrong though.
Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6820 on: January 24, 2022, 04:42:02 PM »
On #dcfc: former Newcastle CEO Lee Charnley in line for a key position IF Mike Ashley moves to complete a takeover. Ashley group had 3 days "on site" earlier this month. 2 other parties very much interested and waiting to move. Naming the preferred bidder is the crucial next step
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6821 on: January 24, 2022, 08:38:38 PM »
I didn’t realise, but Dilan Markanday (who I thought was a very shrew signing for Blackburn and someone we should have looked at)  is reports out for the season after tearing his hamstring in his first blackburn appearance last week.

We all know luck is big in sport, but blackburns big signing being out for the season and ours being out for three weeks could be the sort of thing that has a big affect on the second have of the season.

Anyway Blackburn Boro is still 0-0 at half time. A draw is probably the best result for us.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6822 on: January 24, 2022, 09:22:54 PM »
Blackburn 1 up
7 points behind 2nd going into this week's games
Big week ahead

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6823 on: January 24, 2022, 09:46:01 PM »
Blackburn have been on a crazy run of form. Before losing last match they’d won 8 and drawn 2 in the previous 10! (26 points from 30).

I think Boro have taken 19 points from 21 in the last 7 too.  Other sides like Forest have been on prolonged runs as well.

If we have any chance of top two, I think we need a run of 8 plus games where were put win after win together with only the odd draw. If it’s to be the play offs we will need to be significantly better than we have been.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6824 on: January 24, 2022, 10:11:30 PM »
It's hard to see at the minute isn't it. I said at the end of last season my opposition to Allardyce staying on was the need to have attacking football for most promotions. It's no surprise therefore to see Fulham, Blackburn, Bournemouth and QPR as the top 4 now.

We basically need both Bournemouth and Blackburn to hit some really poor form while we also miraculously finding our scoring boots. Without a "final piece of the jigsaw" January signing, I just don't see that happening.

Play offs feels more likely, but it would still require a huge improvement.
Boing Boing