Author Topic: 8 Jan 2022 Albion 1 Brighton 2 (FA Cup 3 AET)  (Read 27108 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: match officials
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2022, 10:50:21 AM »
Blimey Darren Cann is slumming it was at OT last night  :D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 10:57:58 AM »
The more youth team players in a starting eleven, the harder it is to call games off at a future date due to Covid. I'd be very wary of going for the same lineup as for the Arsenal game. Happy enough to play them against two Premier League clubs? Get on with it in the Championship.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 11:04:42 AM »
Can’t believe how many are advocating playing the kids when VI got pelters for the team he picked against Arsenal ! Not going to have much choice though as we are likely without Johnstone , Mowatt, Ajayi , Clarke and Molumby as well as the long term injuries .
 Interesting comment last night apparently red card suspension applies to all competitions but yellow card suspension is now competition specific

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 11:05:59 AM »
I would never give VI pelters for playing the kids. I gave him credit  for it. The kids were buzzing after the game and I was so happy for them.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 11:07:52 AM »
Plenty did

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2022, 11:10:39 AM »
Plenty did

That's a massive shame then. It's vital they get experience. I'd like to see half a first team squad and then the best 5 kids starting too
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:21:47 AM by gazberg »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2022, 11:15:44 AM »
I hate playing weakened teams in the FA Cup. It's disgraceful IMO. We've got plenty of time between games. Give the cup the respect it deserves.

Button

Kipre   Bartley  Townsend

Furlong  G-Hickman  Livermore  Reach

Robinson  Dike   Grant

Subs: Palmer, Ingram, Taylor, Fellows, Hugill, Phillips, Diangana.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2022, 12:00:42 PM »
I too have very fond memories of the FA Cup (as opposed to the League Cup), and don't like to see it downgraded, but when do the promising youngsters get some full match experience? Or is saying we should give more of a pathway for the youngsters just words?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2022, 12:04:04 PM »
I too have very fond memories of the FA Cup (as opposed to the League Cup), and don't like to see it downgraded, but when do the promising youngsters get some full match experience? Or is saying we should give more of a pathway for the youngsters just words?

You do what we're doing with TGH and Fellows. Shoving a load of kids into a hammering like against Arsenal might give them a buzz to be part of that occasion but that's not to bring them on.

Integrate them carefully if thought to be ready.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2022, 12:09:12 PM »
You do what we're doing with TGH and Fellows. Shoving a load of kids into a hammering like against Arsenal might give them a buzz to be part of that occasion but that's not to bring them on.

Integrate them carefully if thought to be ready.

Can't get much more careful than 2 games a season in all fairness Atomic.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2022, 08:17:57 AM »
Looking at the stadium map, we've barely sold a ticket for this game. Going to be one of the lowest crowds in our history. How desperately sad.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2022, 09:30:46 AM »
Looking at the stadium map, we've barely sold a ticket for this game. Going to be one of the lowest crowds in our history. How desperately sad.

Not great but to be expected with VI in charge. Could be a real massacre even with our strongest XI.

Will Clarke and Moloumby be allowed to play aganst their parent team in a cup game anyone?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2022, 10:42:43 AM »
Post Xmas , devalued Cup , Kids no doubt and the current style of play . I expect about 8k.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2022, 12:01:09 PM »
Well if anyone sees three people standing together in Block B1 of Smethwick come over and say hello. It'll be me with Young Smeth' to my left and Lady Smeth behind the pair of us.

She'll probably be staring daggers at the back of my head for being dragged away from her biscuits and the warm embrace of her blanket (in the basket in front of the fire  ;D ).

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2022, 12:58:43 PM »
Not great but to be expected with VI in charge. Could be a real massacre even with our strongest XI.

Will Clarke and Moloumby be allowed to play aganst their parent team in a cup game anyone?

It has nothing to do with who is in charge and much to do with the low regard that, sadly, many seem to have for the FA Cup these days. I dont believe the loanees can play.
Like Dan, I will be one of the few.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2022, 01:00:27 PM »

I would be amazed if they are allowed to play given the rumblings about potential recalls on both.
MAGA!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2022, 01:02:51 PM »
It has nothing to do with who is in charge and much to do with the low regard that, sadly, many seem to have for the FA Cup these days. I dont believe the loanees can play.

Excellent post.  Like you and Dan,  I also will be one of the few.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2022, 01:43:26 PM »
It's going to be a great pity if anyone misses out on playoff tickets because they haven't got enough loyalty points come the end of the season. Especially as Cup games come with ten loyalty points on attendance of said games. Just a thought for those who don't attend regular away fixtures.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2022, 01:50:49 PM »

Good for you mate. I'd like to see a good turnout but it won't happen IMO.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
Preesumably we are without Clarke and Mulumby as Brighton is their parent club. Not many options left in midfield.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2022, 02:59:24 PM »
Preesumably we are without Clarke and Mulumby as Brighton is their parent club. Not many options left in midfield.

I'd be tempted to go with Livermore and TGH in midfield. If we are going totally with youth then maybe Tiexeira  with TGH or Rico Richards (although he's only just back from injury).

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

Re: match officials
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2022, 04:07:10 PM »
Blimey Darren Cann is slumming it was at OT last night  :D

Learning how to cheat and make it look like honest incompetence, takes experience at all levels :)

rogerstubbs

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2022, 06:05:06 PM »
Having supported Albion for over 75years,I used to love the FA Cup matches ,we were a good Cup side ,winning and having many good cup runs.Now it is a waste of time,we rarely make a genuine attempt to win even our First match.The last time we made an effort we lost   in the semi -final under Tony Mobrey. going on to win the championship in the same season .

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2022, 07:44:48 PM »
Friend of mine needed some tickets, gotta love the 10 loyalty points, I only get 5 for QPR away!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2022, 08:17:13 PM »
Fa cup hasnt been treated with any respect at this club since megson. Even mowbray rotated his teams and we had some kinder draws.

No Clarke and molumby due to Brighton being the parent club. Ajayi afcon. Sj and mowatt suspended. Will the lesser spotted Zohore and the frozen out snodgrass play? My team would be;

Button
            Kipre bartley Townsend
         Furlong Livermore TGH Reach
            Grant Robinson Diangana

Dike isnt match fit so cannot see him being involved.  Phillips Zohore hugil snodgrass bench with palmer and some kids
O Albion we love you