Poll

Do you want Sam to stay as manager?

Yes
103 (63.2%)
No
60 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: Sam Allardyce  (Read 608682 times)

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

Re: Sam Allardyce
« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2020, 07:41:02 PM »
I hate to say it too, but as a footballer Grealish is top class, shame he's a diving, whining Villain, but it doesn't change the fact of his ability.  Man City to come calling next summer.
NBC commentators in the US referred to greasy as 'theatric'.
Rather than further irritate the fan base, Sam should just say nothing. If he wants to 'light a fire' under some of our players, keep it in house.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #551 on: December 22, 2020, 08:01:39 PM »
Rather than further irritate the fan base, Sam should just say nothing. If he wants to 'light a fire' under some of our players, keep it in house.
He hasn't irritated me, like Boris it doesn't matter what he does or says some of you are just going to have a pop. Sad really instead of getting behind him i thought thats what fans did? Silly me

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #552 on: December 22, 2020, 08:46:38 PM »
He hasn't irritated me, like Boris it doesn't matter what he does or says some of you are just going to have a pop. Sad really instead of getting behind him i thought thats what fans did? Silly me

Don't recall many behind Pulis or Pardew.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #553 on: December 22, 2020, 09:02:03 PM »
Haha, there were a few though.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #554 on: December 22, 2020, 09:05:49 PM »
I said Fans get behind the manager.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #555 on: December 22, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »
I said Fans get behind the manager.

I've been pretty verbal about my feelings but I'm getting behind him.
If he pulls off the second Great Escape he'll be a messiah to me.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: December 22, 2020, 09:50:28 PM »
A day before his appointment if you had asked me my opinion of Allardyce I would have told you he was pretty much the embodiment of everything I don't like in football.

So I am supposed to back him because he now manages my club?

How far does that extend? To the ownership? I guess not. Or to some random idiot on twitter who happens to be an Albion fan? In my naivety in the early days of twitter I tried that in the name of "The Albion Family" and pretty soon I was knee deep in the thoughts of the family's idiot cousins.

I don't like the appointment, I will never like the man and that is not going to change because he is managing the club. Neither will it alter based on the short run results.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #557 on: December 22, 2020, 10:07:44 PM »
I've been pretty verbal about my feelings but I'm getting behind him.
If he pulls off the second Great Escape he'll be a messiah to me.
That's all we can do and fair play to you. 

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #558 on: December 22, 2020, 10:14:30 PM »
A day before his appointment if you had asked me my opinion of Allardyce I would have told you he was pretty much the embodiment of everything I don't like in football.

So I am supposed to back him because he now manages my club?

How far does that extend? To the ownership? I guess not. Or to some random idiot on twitter who happens to be an Albion fan? In my naivety in the early days of twitter I tried that in the name of "The Albion Family" and pretty soon I was knee deep in the thoughts of the family's idiot cousins.

I don't like the appointment, I will never like the man and that is not going to change because he is managing the club. Neither will it alter based on the short run results.
You don't like the man thats your prerogative. Do you actually know the man? I don't so can't say i don't like him. I'm not saying i am happy with the appointment but as i have said before he is now the manager of the club i have supported for over 50 years and until he does something against the rules i hope he gets the team playing and starts getting the results because i hate it when When West Bromwich Albion don't win.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #559 on: December 22, 2020, 10:17:57 PM »
I might if we were all on Beachy Head. Just imagine, Albion manager dominoes.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: December 22, 2020, 10:19:53 PM »
You don't like the man thats your prerogative. Do you actually know the man? I don't so can't say i don't like him. I'm not saying i am happy with the appointment but as i have said before he is now the manager of the club i have supported for over 50 years and until he does something against the rules i hope he gets the team playing and starts getting the results because i hate it when When West Bromwich Albion don't win.
Are we talking past, present or future here? Just wondering.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #561 on: December 22, 2020, 10:43:46 PM »
If we were being pedantic, he said everything he doesn’t like in football rather than not liking the man....however I really don’t like the man, I’ve never met him but the England disgrace was enough.
For me my club is now on hold .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #562 on: December 22, 2020, 10:48:42 PM »
If we were being pedantic, he said everything he doesn’t like in football rather than not liking the man....however I really don’t like the man, I’ve never met him but the England disgrace was enough.
For me my club is now on hold .
If i reply with what i really want to say i will be banned! So i will just leave it there.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #563 on: December 22, 2020, 10:55:22 PM »

No, I don't but he has been a very public figure for well over two decades there are enough words and deeds out there to form an opinion.

Whether I support him personally or not isn't going to change the outcome and like any other era it will pass. I hope it passes quickly without long term damage to the club.

To be doubly pedantic I did go on to say I didn't like the man in my original post.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #564 on: December 22, 2020, 10:57:27 PM »
I might if we were all on Beachy Head. Just imagine, Albion manager dominoes.

I'm knocking.

We've had a lot of blooming dominoes in the last fifteen years.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #565 on: December 23, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
If i reply with what i really want to say i will be banned! So i will just leave it there.
Feel free to PM me, I won’t be offended, your opinion is your opinion.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #566 on: December 23, 2020, 08:11:36 AM »

In keeping with the season of the year I would agree that he is most definitely something of a pantomime dame.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #567 on: December 23, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »
Ex England Goalkeeper Paul Robinson says Sam Allerdyce is the best coach he as ever worked with and there is no one better at preparing a team. That is good enough for me. Someone who actually knows the game and the man 

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #568 on: December 23, 2020, 09:10:15 AM »
Ex England Goalkeeper Paul Robinson says Sam Allerdyce is the best coach he as ever worked with and there is no one better at preparing a team. That is good enough for me. Someone who actually knows the game and the man

Its not just him saying it either.. a lot of ex-players have come out saying the same thing on media channels in the last week.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #569 on: December 23, 2020, 09:22:38 AM »
Its not just him saying it either.. a lot of ex-players have come out saying the same thing on media channels in the last week.

Patrick Van Aanholt was one of them.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »
Personally not keen on him as a manager.
That said at Bolton he had some quality players JJ Okocha and Djorkaeff great ball players, an enforcer in Campo.
He had a bettering ram as a centre forward with Kevin Davis,
My point being he knows what it takes to make a team hard to beat and capable of giving bloody noses to the big boys,
I would imagine that centre half and a bulldozer up front will be his priorities.
I think midfield wise we have enough talent going forward but they/re being used as extra defenders at the minute.
Like I said I'm not keen on the bloke but lets see what he can do first before we bin him
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #571 on: December 23, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »
Personally not keen on him as a manager.
That said at Bolton he had some quality players JJ Okocha and Djorkaeff great ball players, an enforcer in Campo.
He had a bettering ram as a centre forward with Kevin Davis,
My point being he knows what it takes to make a team hard to beat and capable of giving bloody noses to the big boys,
I would imagine that centre half and a bulldozer up front will be his priorities.
I think midfield wise we have enough talent going forward but they/re being used as extra defenders at the minute.
Like I said I'm not keen on the bloke but lets see what he can do first before we bin him
Bolton was his best period undoubtedly but it was light years ago in footballing terms . Can you still set a team up like that and be successful  when therre is next to no physical contact allowed and where VAR is ready to jump on any player exhaling out of turn ! Personally I think it’s unlikely but guess we will find out !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #572 on: December 23, 2020, 09:52:25 AM »
Bolton was his best period undoubtedly but it was light years ago in footballing terms . Can you still set a team up like that and be successful  when therre is next to no physical contact allowed and where VAR is ready to jump on any player exhaling out of turn ! Personally I think it’s unlikely but guess we will find out !
Depends who you are............West Brom or the other lot!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #573 on: December 23, 2020, 12:52:20 PM »
Can we cut the personal stuff out then folks. Some like the bloke, some don't and people are allowed to have their onions without getting grief back.

I don't want to have to start issuing bans but if people cannot act like adults then Christmas spirit or not this site will be losing a few members so your choice folks cut the digs and personal stuff or take a permanent break from the forum.

Thats applies to ALL topics on this forum not just this one.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #574 on: December 23, 2020, 01:05:38 PM »
Patrick Van Aanholt was one of them.

Yes he was one of them mate. I had this idea of Allardyce, hearing some of the players who played under him has changed my mind on him as a coach.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts