Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 850858 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #975 on: August 09, 2018, 11:39:20 AM »
I agree, he has to get until Christmas at least but I hope he starts using his substitutions a bit better.  It's an easy rod for his own back if we aren't getting results and he's not using thge squad.

Better use of subs and less Pulis like tactics would be a good start.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #976 on: August 09, 2018, 12:23:29 PM »
Chairman and board have let him down. Hope people see this and turn on board if things don't go well and not moore

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #977 on: August 09, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »
Chairman and board have let him down. Hope people see this and turn on board if things don't go well and not moore

but if football continues to be bad as like at forest then Darren carries some responsibility
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #978 on: August 09, 2018, 12:26:09 PM »

To an extent I agree, but we have more than enough quality in this squad to be performing better than we have thus far and that is Darren's job.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #979 on: August 09, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
He's let himself down - it was his choice to try to retain the core of players rather than go for a mass turnover of players, and he has decided what are priorities are - which he has failed to identify as our central midfield. You'll probably find he thinks we've had a good window, because he overrates the ability of many of our old guard.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #980 on: August 09, 2018, 12:29:19 PM »
With players we have at the minute there's only one way of playing pumping balls over the top for Gayle to run onto

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #981 on: August 09, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »
With players we have at the minute there's only one way of playing pumping balls over the top for Gayle to run onto

There really isn't...

We have some very good ball carriers at this level in Barnes, Phillips, Morrison, Barry etc, we should be playing through the thirds and carving teams apart with Gayle on the end of the chances created.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #982 on: August 09, 2018, 12:38:06 PM »
There really isn't...

We have some very good ball carriers at this level in Barnes, Phillips, Morrison, Barry etc, we should be playing through the thirds and carving teams apart with Gayle on the end of the chances created.
well from what I've seen in two games so far that's all we're doing

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #983 on: August 09, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »

Hence my frustrations with those selecting the side and tactics.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #984 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:56 PM »

Goal v Bolton - wide player cuts in from the right and scores a screamer.

Goal v Forest - decent passing move through the pitch finished off by a tremendous strike by a wide player.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #985 on: August 09, 2018, 01:05:23 PM »
Goal v Bolton - wide player cuts in from the right and scores a screamer.

Goal v Forest - decent passing move through the pitch finished off by a tremendous strike by a wide player.

Also 3 po8nt blank headers from Set pieces missed.

2 simple headed chances within 8 yards of goal blazed over by stupid acrobatic volleys. One on one hits post. Open goal 12 yards out hits bar. Open goal rebound headed tamely back to keeper.

We are creating big clear goal scoring chances.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #986 on: August 09, 2018, 01:06:44 PM »
how do you know..Darren Moore may be happy with whats he got and only wants back up players as thats all we seem to be after, if Darren Moore fails theres only 1 person to blame and after 2 games hes not doing himself any favours
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:18:36 PM by OldburyWBA »

victor mature

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #987 on: August 09, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »
 Middlesbrough seem to be after the sort of players I thought  we'd be after. Strange that Pulis's signings for Palace and Boro aren't as carp as the signings Albion made while he was here. Maybe they weren't his signings. Meanwhile this window is the worst since we signed HRK. ******** to them
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:57:42 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #988 on: August 09, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »
Or perhaps they were his signings under the usual financial constraints we have all become accustomed to.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #989 on: August 09, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »
Can't see us being under the constraints of FFP but can see us being under constraints of a billionaire owner ok a owner with sod all money.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #990 on: August 09, 2018, 09:04:44 PM »
Or perhaps they were his signings under the usual financial constraints we have all become accustomed to.

I don't think it has a great deal to do with financial constraints. Middlesbrough signed Aden Flint for £7m, he's one of the best centre backs in this division, a notch if not two above Bartley. Dawson's been quoted as being worth £20m+ and he's good, but he's really not much better than Flint.

In this division however you can get away with playing some average players and still go up. Fulham were playing some ordinary players last year and had a threadbare squad. Odoi at centre-back is no better than Bartley and he played an important part in their promotion. For all the hype Sessegnon is not much better than Philips. They also lacked a goalscorer prior to signing Mitrovic in January, yet still finished third in the table. Cairney as their attacking midfielder is not in the same league as Chadli. Macdonald as their 'playmaker' is no better than Morrison.

It's the coaching that elevated Fulham, rather than their personnel. Their goalkeeper would always play a goal-kick to a defenders feet, even when the opposition put three forwards on the 18 yard line. Our players are hoofing it forward even when under no pressure in their own half. It's an archaic style of play that needs to be addressed.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #991 on: August 09, 2018, 09:51:59 PM »
Big Dave has been let down badly by Lai and so have we. The ownership of our club by Lai makes my blood boil. I take every opportunity to express my opinion of the man except on this board. Peace certainly saw him coming.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #992 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23:59 AM »

Steven Gerrard has slammed West Brom manager Darren Moore

Talking in the Daily Record, Gerrard said: “James was magnificent. Good players get attention from other clubs. I don’t appreciate that attention 24 hours before a big game. I’d like a phone call off of big Darren [Moore] at some point.

“But James handled it very well and that was probably his strongest performance so far".

I think it should be the other way round Steve

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #993 on: August 10, 2018, 08:27:47 AM »
Gerrard has been a bitbof a knob already so far in his post game interviews. He came out with some guff last week about how Rangers had been discriminated against by referees for years and now this.

If he lasts in management, you can guarantee that he will do exactly the same at some point and he won't think twice.

Just a big mouth with a big club attitude.
Boing Boing

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #994 on: August 10, 2018, 08:52:38 AM »
Gerrard has been a bitbof a knob already so far in his post game interviews. He came out with some guff last week about how Rangers had been discriminated against by referees for years and now this.

If he lasts in management, you can guarantee that he will do exactly the same at some point and he won't think twice.

Just a big mouth with a big club attitude.

He’s just another gobsh!te scouser with an overinflated opinion of himself. He needs to get over himself.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:34:05 AM by Chipperfan »
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #995 on: August 10, 2018, 08:56:18 AM »
I fail to see how that is Gerrard slamming Moore? Headlines become more and more embarrassing with every passing day.

It's Gerrard using it as an opportunity to have a dig generally, the only mention of Moore is in him hoping he gets a phone call from him, which is a nonsense in itself. We bid for a player on transfer deadline day, what does he expect in life?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #996 on: August 10, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
I wouldn't have been too impressed to receive such a late bid if I were Gerrard and preparing for a game.

While I appreciate that targets come and go Albion had all summer to put the feelers out.

If we'd wanted Tavernier that badly we should have been in much sooner.

However, if I wanted to know Gerrard's thoughts on the subject I'd sh it in a jar and take a sniff.

The bloke always comes across as an arrogant, sneering bell end.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #997 on: August 11, 2018, 08:00:43 AM »
Matt Wilson's piece is an interesting view on Darren Moore. It's fair comment that time is needed to change things at our club and that this has been a very difficult summer. I agree that Darren Moore should be given that time and that we should support him in this endeavour. Many of us predicted that we'd be mid table this season - I'm just a guilty as many on here of being disappointed with 1 point out of two games and our approach in those matches but what did we expect? Personally I was hoping we'd go for Graham Potter but now we have Darren Moore I would like to back him for at least the season.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #998 on: August 11, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »
Moore said the right things in the main and I understand the need to give him time, but my alarm is more around the fundamentals. Not using substitutes has always been one of my biggest bug bears, not making any tactical change when things were going wrong is a hint towards somebody who isn't sure what to do and his seeming comfort with our immobile central midfield- the same midfield EVERYONE agreed was not good enough last year - makes me think he isn't going to make the improvements our team needs.

He will get enough time but the early assessment is alarming.
Boing Boing

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #999 on: August 11, 2018, 08:41:47 AM »
I share these concerns but at the same time can understand the temptation not to change things too quickly. Bolton probably was a bit of a wake up call. Had things gone differently we could have won it comfortably and we probably would have gone to Forest with a more confident approach. Had we got 4 points at this stage I think we would all have been quite happy. Fine margins - I won't get too carried away whatever the results for a while. Whoever took over would have needed time.