Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361160 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1175 on: October 28, 2018, 10:14:07 PM »
As good as Gayle is we are too reliant on him and need to bring in another striker in January with some threat and pedigree. J-Rod is clearly not up to it, working hard isn't enough.
Agree
If we had
Gayle, crouch, Defoe as our three options, I think we would be absolutely fine for promotion
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1176 on: October 29, 2018, 09:09:17 AM »
Agree
If we had
Gayle, crouch, Defoe as our three options, I think we would be absolutely fine for promotion

37 yr old Crouch and 36 yr old Defoe? I hope you're joking! Crouch has 1 goal & 1 assist in 12 games, Defoe has made 5 sub appearances for Bournemouth this season and no goals.

We do need options up front but old aged has-beens aren't the answer.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1177 on: October 29, 2018, 09:19:28 AM »
I think a couple games on the bench wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to J Rod.

Give him a little rest and recharge his energy, and also give him a bit of a kick to get himself back in to the starting 11.

Once you realise you are literally a starter every week, there is always that chance you take your foot of the gas a little.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1178 on: October 29, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
Just seen that first half miss from Saturday , thats a dreadful miss . It wasn't that quick at him IMO , bad miss and ready for a break as posted earlier in the thread.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1179 on: October 29, 2018, 12:41:19 PM »
Just seen that first half miss from Saturday , thats a dreadful miss . It wasn't that quick at him IMO , bad miss and ready for a break as posted earlier in the thread.
Considering he had a clean run through he should have buried the first shot.  I think the keeper made a good save to be fair but he should have had no chance.

The follow up though, it was tapping it into the net and he's somehow missed it.  I think Rondon felt like a ghost had walked over his grave when that happened.  There's no way Gayle would have missed those chances.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1180 on: October 29, 2018, 12:47:44 PM »
Jay, Gayle and HRK all have different strengths and play different games (which is why we have them in the squad)  but all need to be competent in front of goal. For me, JRod is well out of form but HRK isn't the player to replace him because they aren't the same type of player (unless we want to do something different) and I'm not sure who is which, I think, is Moore's conundrum.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1181 on: October 29, 2018, 12:48:06 PM »
If Burnley came back in for him in January I would let him go. They can have Dawson aswell. I would take around 25 million for the pair which I think is the figure Burnley were offering in the summer.
If burnley have watched the pair of them this year I would bet they are no longer interested. Cant see any other premier league team being interested.
We must be allowed to spend the proceeds

Mickyfudge

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1182 on: November 03, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »
Would drop j rod in away games and play another midfielder

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1183 on: November 03, 2018, 12:05:01 PM »
If Burnley came back in for him in January I would let him go. They can have Dawson aswell. I would take around 25 million for the pair which I think is the figure Burnley were offering in the summer.
If burnley have watched the pair of them this year I would bet they are no longer interested. Cant see any other premier league team being interested.
We must be allowed to spend the proceeds
So in summary
If Burnley come back, we sell, but they won't because they haven't been good this season, but if they do, we should ask for 25m because that is the figure acceptable to a forum member (even though they haven't played well) , but then we must spend every penny 😂😂😂
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1184 on: November 03, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Hoping to see Gayle start today with sako up top with him

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1185 on: November 03, 2018, 05:08:52 PM »
Awful again today. Be lucky to sell him to anyone in January.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1186 on: November 03, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
I completely forgot he was playing at one point.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1187 on: November 03, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »

So did I until he gave Hull a free kick by our corner flag late on, complete waste of space. Frazier Campbell looked ten times as lively. Appreciate the rest of the team were awful but no excuse for his own shamble. His non-league back pass against Derby and open goal miss against Blackburn helped contribute to the present sick bucket set of results and performances.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1188 on: November 03, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »

Not the first game I have thought that. He had no support today in fairness to the lad. But he lacks the natural attributes to be a lone striker- he's not the only one woefully off form; phillips Barnes Livermore Hegazi Dawson. therein lies the problem
O Albion we love you

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1189 on: November 03, 2018, 05:40:10 PM »
Not the first game I have thought that. He had no support today in fairness to the lad. But he lacks the natural attributes to be a lone striker- he's not the only one woefully off form; phillips Barnes Livermore Hegazi Dawson. therein lies the problem
Our players very easily become disenchanted with the management, they have previous form with previous manager's.
Back on topic , I did think that Jay had found his level in the Championship, but now i am not so sure
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1190 on: November 03, 2018, 05:46:35 PM »

Livermore isn't off form. He always plays like this. Rodriguez is the same.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1191 on: November 03, 2018, 08:33:45 PM »

Livermore isn't off form. He always plays like this. Rodriguez is the same.

They can play Abit better then today but on the whole I agree. Albion didn't ship enough of the Deadwood out in the summer. Saying that we didn't get any serious bids for Livermore or Rodriguez.

Two of Albions best players are brunt and morison and thy have been here over a decade and therein lies the problem we have never naturally evolved.

O Albion we love you

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1192 on: November 04, 2018, 10:39:56 AM »
They can play Abit better then today but on the whole I agree. Albion didn't ship enough of the Deadwood out in the summer. Saying that we didn't get any serious bids for Livermore or Rodriguez.

Two of Albions best players are brunt and morison and thy have been here over a decade and therein lies the problem we have never naturally evolved.
and Morrison should no longer be here - the naturally evolving time to let him go and replace him with a younger model was in June this year.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1193 on: November 04, 2018, 11:11:32 AM »

As long as this myth about brunt and Morrison is perpetuated the longer they will keep getting their contracts renewed.

Imo both should have gone a few years ago. I don't know of a promoted team who held onto their players as long as we did with these 2.

Stoke got rid of Glenn whelan and now only have the useless Shawcross left since their promotion to the prem.

Keeping players like this is pure sentiment and takes a big chunk of the wages budget for very little return.

Brunt came on against Blackburn and played like he was a quarterback and tried to ping passes around to the forwards but most just hit opposition legs.

Imo our whole squad needs new, younger blood.

It makes me want to cry when I think about the stupid bids we rejected for rondon, livermore, Evans and Jrod.

Jrod, has been going through the motions all season imo and why we didn't sell and go for marriott and woods with proceeds is beyond me.

Our only hope now rests firmly on the shoulders of luke dowling finding good players and sticking to his assertion that we should take big money for our players and have replacements ready to come in.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1194 on: November 05, 2018, 01:17:38 PM »
Being reported that Burnley are still interested, I'd sell him and get in a younger hungrier striker

Mickyfudge

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1195 on: November 05, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »
It’s interesting to note that more and more fans are realising just how poor j rod and Livermore are ,I have been saying it for the last 18 months ,it’s laughable when fans talk about our prem quality squad and include those pair ,Livermore can’t tackle his shooting is atrocious and his creativity is so poor ,we all know the midfield has wanted overhauling for two years but nothing has been done about it

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1196 on: November 05, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »
It’s interesting to note that more and more fans are realising just how poor j rod and Livermore are ,I have been saying it for the last 18 months ,it’s laughable when fans talk about our prem quality squad and include those pair ,Livermore can’t tackle his shooting is atrocious and his creativity is so poor ,we all know the midfield has wanted overhauling for two years but nothing has been done about it

Agree with you on Livermore. Even more infuriating when Yacob who he replaced in the team is now at Forest (which coincided with our dip in form and then subsequent relegation). Worryingly too many people at the club rate these players as well.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1197 on: November 05, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »
Agree with you on Livermore. Even more infuriating when Yacob who he replaced in the team is now at Forest (which coincided with our dip in form and then subsequent relegation). Worryingly too many people at the club rate these players as well.
I think it's a bit more complex
For a start , there are many saying that we have no "legs" in midfield, as much as I loved Yacob..he adds no legs
Then the Livermore debate...is he great...no, but he is a better cm than brunt , he seems less brittle than mozza, he has more experience than field...I get why he's picked
We also had quite a few comings and goings in the last 18 months, sometimes you have to let the ship stabilise before you plot to change course,
In a couple of years we had new owners , 3 new managers , players in and out, relegation , new chief exec ...where we are is not bad ....although we should never be afraid to constructively criticise , we need to reverse the current trend, ultimately whatever we think matters not, but Darren will live and die by his decisions

Graham jones was being hailed as Corberan
Well if I had vermalen, vertongen and alderwiereld I reckon I could arrange a 3 man defence , I'd also suggest hazard and de bryne are at least the equal of Barry and brunt 😀
Finally, rodriguez ...I've said before , the hair thing bothers me , zlatan with all his skills and DELIVERY IN BIG GAMES can do what he wants, JRod is an average player in the secondary league and spends far too much time playing with his Barnet , if he didn't take the pens I'd suggest his goals to minutes would be below HRK , we have always had good strikers in my time ,Phillips, Odemwingie,Roberts,Taylor hunt  ....we know have Gayle ...but there really is no back up , Defoe on loan and Maja/maupay and suddenly we are deadly

Imagine a second half , we need a goal , Phillips,sako and Barnes bombing forward to supply Gayle and Defoe ...eye watering

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1198 on: November 05, 2018, 07:01:19 PM »
Wonder if Burnley would still pay million for Dawson ?

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1199 on: November 05, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »
Yacob has played once for Forest so far this season.